Frankfurt

Cinder

I am going on a Med. cruise in September, and I need to spend the night in Frankfurt on my way to Rome. All of the major hotel chains (read that American) are booked solid for 9/13/05. I think there is a conference there that is taking all the rooms near the fair grounds. I wondered if this well traveled group might know of a smaller, but nice hotel in Frankfurt I could try. If it was close to the airport, it would be even better, as I just have the one evening, then off to Rome. Thanks,

Hello, I just could not believe that nothing should be available thus I checked http://www.hotel.de. You can choose the airport as your destination and you will get a long list of available hotels including the Sheraton which I can recommend. It is the only Hotel with direct access from the airport terminal yet expensive (€ 395 including breakfast). Other hotels start at €55. Good luck.

You can choose the airport as your destination and you will get a long list of available hotels including the Sheraton which I can recommend. It is the only Hotel with direct access from the airport terminal yet expensive (€ 395 including breakfast).
If you were going to spend that sort of money, you'd be better off going to the Kempinski which is available for €300. It's close enough to the airport that they run their own free shuttle bus, and it's a fabulous hotel - much nicer, I should think, than the airport Sheraton.

Cinder,

I have done this one twice in two years. There is a Holiday Inn Express about 6 km from the Frankfurt Airport. This is how it worked out for the wife and I last June: We flew out of Barcelona at 8:00 PM and arrived at the Frankfurt Main Airport at 9:25 PM. Arriving at terminal 1 there is a suttle area for hotels in front on terminal 1 on the departure level. There is a phone at this area connecting you directly with the hotel of your choice. We contacted the hotel (Holiday Inn Express) and they sent the last shuttle of the evening (10:00 PM) to pick us up. It was a short 10-15 minute drive to the Hotel. The rooms were very clean, there was a small bar downstair to buy beer or wine. There is a free continental breakfast served in the morning. The shuttle back to the airport cost us 5 euros per person. It is highly recommended you make reservations with the shuttle service the night before. I also know there is another shuttle service to another Holiday Inn in the area but I have not stayed at this Holiday Inn. Prices at the Holiday Inn Express are very reasonable, half the price I was paying for hotels in Barcelona. I'm sure this will help. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 5/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Meditterean 5/04

Thanks for your assistance. I tried the Hotel.de web site, and got a room at the NH-Frankfurt hotel in Keisterbach. The web site says it's 4**** and 1.5K from the airport, and about $100 euros, so that will do me.

I did manage to get the Marriott in downtown Frankfurt on my return from my cruise on Priceline for $85.00, so I'll be able to see a little of the downtown area on the return trip. Thanks for the hotels.de tip!

Cinder,

I have some information for you. On your return trip to Frankfurt remember you have to get to downtown Frankfurt. I have heard the Marriott in downtown Frankfurt is really nice. I recommend you go across the street to the Airport train station and purchase a ticket to down town. This will cost you maybe 6 euros. A taxi from the airport to down town will run 30 euros or more. Once you are at the Frankfurt Main train station I think you will be fairly close to the Hotel. A taxi from here should be reasonable. I hope this helps. Tim

Tim, thanks for the tip. I will have my German foster daughter with me by that point, so I will be able to easily use public transportation. I wanted a room in downtown Frankfurt at that point, as my plane home does not leaving until the next evening, and I might as well enjoy a little of Germany before I have to go. She lives in Cologne, but plans to hang with me as long as I'm in Germany. I appreciate everyone's assistance.

We stayed at the NH-Hotel Frankfurt last July 2004, and it was very nice, comfortable and clean. There is actually a small town within walking distance where we enjoyed a delicious schnitzel dinner and lovely German beer, of course.

You will be pleased with this hotel, and it is just minutes from the airport.

Cinder, I hope I dosn't sound too informative, I'm letting all those travelers that don't speak German that this stop over is really easy and there is more to the transportation system than what meets the eye. The NH Hotel (Airport) is one the wife and I stayed at in May of 2002. At that time it was called the "Astron" nice, clean and very close to the Airport. At that time the Astron had a weekend rate of 50% off on weekends. There is another NH Hotel near the Holiday Inn Express so anyone looking for an easy nights stay can see there are good places to stay near the Frankfurt Airport, you just have to do alittle reseach. Happy traveling.....Tim and Cathy

Archived