Young children and strollers

Lady Chew

A couple we know is looking at Oasis for a family vacation in the near future. They have a 7 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. They really don't want to take a stroller with them (I guess they're not planning on long shore excursions!) and want to know if anyone has experience with this - how do the little ones do without a stroller?? Can they manage the distances on this big ship?

I imagine her Dad is willing to do a certain amount of carrying ...

I just realized I should put this on the family board

A couple we know is looking at Oasis for a family vacation in the near future. They have a 7 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. They really don't want to take a stroller with them (I guess they're not planning on long shore excursions!) and want to know if anyone has experience with this - how do the little ones do without a stroller?? Can they manage the distances on this big ship?

I imagine her Dad is willing to do a certain amount of carrying ...

I just realized I should put this on the family board

There is a review of the Royal Babies/Tots program and someone who just sailed mentioned that there are strollers on the cruise you can use (rental, I assume). I'd probably call RCI to get more info.

for me, I'd want a stroller because if we were out and about and my little one got tired and I didn't have a stroller, where could they nap? even a cheap umbrella stroller is worth bringing in my opinion.

There is a review of the Royal Babies/Tots program and someone who just sailed mentioned that there are strollers on the cruise you can use (rental, I assume). I'd probably call RCI to get more info.

for me, I'd want a stroller because if we were out and about and my little one got tired and I didn't have a stroller, where could they nap? even a cheap umbrella stroller is worth bringing in my opinion.

Would your 3 1/2 year old sleep in a stroller? Once my son turned 3 he wouldn't nap in a stroller anymore.

Would your 3 1/2 year old sleep in a stroller? Once my son turned 3 he wouldn't nap in a stroller anymore.

my DD is only 20 months, so I'm not quite there yet ;) I guess since the ship appears to have stroller options available, that would be the best option... it's there if you need it.

Archived