Want to see gators

chadci

After we complete our cruise on 5/30 we will be spending a few days along the gulf coast. Because we are driving to the port in Miami we can take 75 or 41 over to the gulf.

Can anybody suggest a good swamp tour? I've read horrid reviews on Wootens but other than that I don't know where else to look. I'd like to see gators and any other animals we might find in nature and I've always wanted to ride a swamp boat so it works out.

After we complete our cruise on 5/30 we will be spending a few days along the gulf coast. Because we are driving to the port in Miami we can take 75 or 41 over to the gulf.

Can anybody suggest a good swamp tour? I've read horrid reviews on Wootens but other than that I don't know where else to look. I'd like to see gators and any other animals we might find in nature and I've always wanted to ride a swamp boat so it works out.

You don't have to book a tour to see alligators in Florida. Most freshwater ponds that are large will typically have a gator or six.

You do not want to be anywhere near a swamp on the Everglades the end of May. It is mosquito season and they will eat you alive.

Good point about the mosquitos.

We were in FL. this past summer as well as Savannah GA and the Savannah Wildlife refugee in SC and didn't see a single one... I was totally bummed. I wonder if it was just too hot or what.

Good point about the mosquitos.

We were in FL. this past summer as well as Savannah GA and the Savannah Wildlife refugee in SC and didn't see a single one... I was totally bummed. I wonder if it was just too hot or what.

That's a shocker because they are everywhere here. They love the hot weather but typically stay under water.

Archived