Pearl St Thomas Arrival

wdw_dave

I know it can 'depend' but what are poeple's experience with getting off the Pearl in St Thomas. Ship is said to arrive @ 9. Have you been able to get off before 9? What has been the earliest people have been able to get off?

I am trying to figure out if I can make the 10a Red Hook Ferry.

Thanks

Dave

I have had to go through customs at St Thomas before but we didn't have to on this last cruise with NCL. If you don't, they basically line you up in the stairwell and let you off when you get the all clear. Usually it is at the correct time but it can vary. You just walk off the ship. You will need to grab a cab and go to Red Hook. I'm not sure how far in minutes it is but it is a little ways. I think you might make it but I would have a backup plan. I would also be one of the first off. I am assuming you will have to buy ferry tickets too, correct. Maybe someone who has done this can advise you better. I just wanted to give you the very limited knowledge I have.

I was just on the Pearl (12/5). We went to Coki beach. It our taxi was maybe 6 people going over to St John's. The first stop was the Red Hook ferry terminal. We were there around 9:50. They were nervous about missing the ferry.

The drive was quick. What took the time was filling up the taxi. I bet we sat for a good 20 minutes as the driver waited for a full load (it was an open air bus that maybe sat 20.

I did the St John thing on our own many cruises back. It was an easily done on your own (we went to Trunk Bay).

Archived