Custom Alaska Cruises - has anyone heard of them?

famcruisefun

Hello!

My search continues for the "right" Alaska trip for our family. Had just about given up on finding a small ship that was right for us and was looking again at Royal Caribbean. Then I happened upon a website for Custom Alaska Cruises. They have only one boat which takes only 12 passengers at a time. They customize the week according to what you want to see and do. Lots of opportunity to hike, fish, wildlife watch. It looks great - but I'm afraid to get too excited - I'm skeptical by nature and if it looks too good to be true - well, you know.

The mega ship thing has one big thing going for it - been there, done that. Not in Alaska - but we've cruised other places a lot. It's a mauch smaller risk to do a big ship - but boy does this small cruise look tremendous. (And my DH says it had better be tremendous for what they're charging.)

Anyway - if anyone has any first (or second) hand knowledge - I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks so much!

Kelley

In this case, it isn't too good to be true - there are some truly magnificent vessels, highly experienced crew and some dream trip-ideas. My partner went with Maple Leaf Charters 5 years ago and still raves about it. These charters book waaaay early - Maple Leaf books at least 2 years ahead. Here's a list of the ones I'm aware of - http://www.explorenorth.com/cruises/cruise-alaska2.html

Murray

Archived