Regent Arranged Flight Denver to Vancouver

colomom

I think you have made a good decision. Last June we flew to Vancouver the day before our cruise was to leave; I just did not want the aggravation of not making the ship, or worrying about luggage. After all this was going to be a very special vacation (and it was). We booked a room at the Pan Pacific, a bit of a splurge, but so was the cruise. Had a great flight (on Alaska, we decided to book our own flights) from Los Angeles, easy transfer and a wonderful day and night exploring Vancouver, one of our favorite cities. The transfer to the ship was also amazingly easy, the bags were picked up in our room at the hotel and we did not see them until they appeared in our stateroom. On the return we also had a longish layover at the Anchorage airport and were able to purchase day passes for the Alaska lounge, maybe $40 each, which turned out to be a great deal for us - not only were we comfortable, they had snacks, complimentary wine and beer and complimentary Wifi, so we both caught up with the world while waiting for our flight home.

And to make us feel even better about coming in a day early, there was a couple on our cruise who missed their connection in San Francisco (fog) the morning of the cruise, arrived in Vancouver too late to board and did not actually get to the ship until our first stop in Ketchikan - they were not happy, and I cannot blame them, won't go into their details, but I will never cruise unless we arrive the day before.

Thank you Ms. Batt for the vote of confidence. This weekend the Denver Post posted a "Cruise Issue" of the Travel section (here is a link: http://www.denverpost.com/travel/ci_14242315) which confirmed many of the things I have read, and been warned about, here on Cruise Critic. Thanks to this board and all of you, I have learned so much in the last couple of months.

My nightmare would be missing the boat in Vancouver because of unusual weather. After all that I have learned, I have been more and more thankful that I purchased good travel insurance.

Another thing I wondered about was the cost of checked baggage on the flights arranged by Regent. On their website I found a disclaimer "Luggage exceeding these limitations will be subject to charges as set forth by the individual operators, including any excess baggage charges" (https://www.rssc.com/legal/ticketcontract.aspx). With the latest fees imposed by the airlines for checked bags, I was concerned that we could be looking at an additional couple of hundred dollars when we arrived at the airport. Does anyone know how Regent handles this?

That link for the Ticket Contract, and this one (https://www.rssc.com/legal/terms.aspx), for the Terms and Conditions should be required reading, IMHO. Very interesting information can be found there.

colomom,

can't answer about the luggage since we booked our own flight, but I just wanted to add that reading this board gave me the best information about the ship, the excursions and the whole Regent experience. We booked late last spring for our June cruise, not our usual way of traveling and so this group was an invaluable source for me. I still read the board, even though our next cruise might be a few seasons out. We had the best experiences ever on our Alaska cruise and I hope you do too. And enjoy Vancouver, it was the best day pre-cruising.

Archived