Captain Bryan

Clay Clayton

The following is an excerpt from my much longer cruise review which can be found on the NCL board...but here is the Cayman portion:

Grand Cayman - We booked privately through Capt Bryan’s for the Stingray City/Reef snorkel. Plenty of time from when we got off the ship to walk the four blocks to their pickup point – after checking in, we ended up backtracking to the Tortuga Rum shop, buying our duty free liquor for delivery to the ship, having a sample of their rum cake and still made it back to the pickup point with thirty minutes to spare. There was a short van ride to the other side of the island where we boarded a catamaran for the ride out to Stingray City. Unfortunately, there were very strong winds the day we were blowing directly from the direction we wanted to go, so we motored out to Stingray City. Despite the choppy water and the blustery wind, we had a great time with the Stingrays – pretty incredible to hold and touch one. After everyone had their chance at the rays, we were supposed to go to the reef, but due to the high winds/rough seas, we instead made two stops – one at “The Aquarium” – saw lots of fish, one of the hands went in with us and used some of the leftover squid from Stingray City to draw an eel out of his hiding so we could all see and take pictures. We then moved to another spot with lots of interesting coral. After snorkeling here in Key West, it was interesting to see very clear water even though it was so rough and be able to have such good visibility.

We are sailing on the Valor in March and will be taking the 2 stop Stingray tour with cpt. Bryan. my question is - our tour is from 1:30-4 and website states we will be back at dock at 4:20. Our boat sails at 5:30. Is this enough time to make the tender back to the boat? How long does the tender usually take?

Kathy

I think there were no more than 30 on our trip and it was not at all crowded on the catamaran.....most folks sat up on the front of the boat while my partner and I sat at the back in the shade since he is a redhead and fair skinned...anyway, it was just us in the back with the captain so we got to chat with him.

McGovern

The bigger thing to try to find out is when does the last tender to your boat leave the pier....my recollection is that for NCL sun that the last tender was an hour before we were schheduled to depart but I could be wrong. I would give your cruise line a call and see what they will tell you...or ask on the CruiseCritic board for your cruise line.

Clay

Archived