Destiny Balcony #8103 Questions? 2nd from the front.

destiny 1-30

Has anyone had a balcony on the varandah deck towards the front of the boat?

If so could you give me a heads up on what to expect as far as, privacy from the balcony or not? Motion in the boat, more or less? Noise?

Your full assessment would be Greatly appreciated, I am leaving 1-30-05 and want to soak up all the info I can.

Thank you, Mark

Hi I saw your question on the area about cabin selection. I had problems with the website too so not sure if it posted. I sailed Destiny S. Caribbean two years ago and had a front balcony on Empress (7111). It was private as all the others. No different. It was windy at nignt when the ship was sailing. Could barely open the door to the balcony. And it whistled. Except for that it was a good cabin. Have fun!

I am also on the 1-30 sailing of the Destiny. I however am in steerage:rolleyes:

I have a porthole cabin only three from the front on main deck. I have heard that you do feel a little more motion up front, but I am hoping it won't be that big a deal. I think we should be fine up front as long as we don't hit a storm.

Have a great cruise, I know I will.

Chris

Hey chrismxn,

Nice to see some more people than me going on this board, I can't wait..

I am starting to hear of many in my area that have been on the Destiny and had blast. I also heard that there is movement all over the boat and people got seasick in a midship cabin... I am going to have a blast period, and I am not going to worry about it...

Destiny 1-30

This will be my fourth cruise in two years. I have yet to feel much motion. I usually get "Land Sick". For a day or two after a cruise I get wobbly. I hear it happens to others too.

I can't wait to get to San Juan and finally board the Destiny. Planned it back in July.

Hope you have a great time. I know I will.

Chris

We just returned, Jan9th, on the Destiny. We we're upgraded to a cat. 9 room, we we're in the back corner with a large balcany. This was our fourth cruise and they all seem to have had 1 or 2 days of rough seas. This one was a little rough on the trip back from Aruba to San Juan. The television channel from the bridge said we were in 8 to 13 foot seas. You just bounced off the walls occuasionally. Just have another drink and roll with the ship.

Archived