I've become addicted to the daily video updates on Oasisoftheseas.com!

jldev

Gosh, I've realised that I've become quite addicted to getting my daily Oasis fix! I'm not even really planning to cruise on her but, over the last few months, I've just become quite fascinated with her! Does anyone else check it regularly? Was there a similar daily video update with the introduction of the first Freedom class ships?

Gosh, I've realised that I've become quite addicted to getting my daily Oasis fix! I'm not even really planning to cruise on her but, over the last few months, I've just become quite fascinated with her! Does anyone else check it regularly? Was there a similar daily video update with the introduction of the first Freedom class ships?

I check it every day as well. I get a kick out of the Captain's hand motions and his lurching forward every time he makes a point...my daughter and I hope to meet him on the ship in February and lean forward and say, "well here we are..." :)

When Freedom came out all they had was this lame interactive video which didn't really work, but it DID provide more images of the ship overall than the Oasis did. The Oasis previews (understandably) tended to focus more on the Boardwalk and Central Park.

Oh, funny, you've got the Captains hand motions and style of presentation down perfectly! He seems like a very nice guy and they have chosen a perfect person to present the updates. I do prefer the days when it's one of his rather than a reporter at sea :)

Oh, funny, you've got the Captains hand motions and style of presentation down perfectly! He seems like a very nice guy and they have chosen a perfect person to present the updates. I do prefer the days when it's one of his rather than a reporter at sea :)

Agreed. Some are OK, but most of the "Reporter at Sea" videos are rather lame.

Agreed. Some are OK, but most of the "Reporter at Sea" videos are rather lame.

Thanks for the kudos!:D

Maybe you should regard the fact that this was a contest for non professionals. In my case it was my first time standing in front of a camera and producing a more than 2 min video all on my own based on my ideas with never having done anything similar before. We had a professional camera guy and an editor but only to help us with the technical stuff. And those more than 2 min video btw were 6 hours of hard work each.

Go ahead and do it better!

Actually I think that Joyce (US) and Giovanna (Mexico) did a really good job (both do have TV experiences). Mine are definitely far away from being perfect. But anyway regarding the circumstances they are o.k.. Sure you can´t compare any of the videos to those Royal Caribbean is producing. But that´s not what they were made for.

steamboats

who is also checking the website for new videos daily!

Oh, I have to say that I can only comment on the Reporter at Sea videos in English as I'm ashamed to say, that's the only language I understand! I think I just enjoy the opportunity of seeing "behind the scenes" on the Captains videos :)

Archived