Vegan Food?

Yes We Can

My step sister is very strict. She won't even eat baked goods that require eggs or use Worchestershire that has anchovies in it. She won't wear leather and won't ride in my step mothers car because it has leather seats.

She lives out in the country and traps and releases any dangerous pests that happen to get into her home. She won't swat at a mosquito that's biting her or even wear repellant.

She has a very complete and healthy diet and cooks with a lot of soy products and legumes. There is a huge industry catering to vegans. Almost anything you can name they can make out of soy and make taste just like the animal protein that it's replacing.

I am a strict vegan and I am sailing on Carnival Valor next week. I am counting on making due with the veggies, salads, pasta......... and I plan to bring protein bars and raisins with me, particularly for the excursions.

In terms of being flexible, it all depends on the reason someone is vegan. An ethical vegan is less flexible than one who is vegan for health reasons.

As a "strict" vegan, aren't you concerned about the eggs used in making the pasta? Just curious.:confused:

Unless fresh pasta, most commercial pasta (other than egg noodles obviously) does not contain eggs.

We are sailing on Carnival Liberty in April and I am on a medically-prescribed diet which recommends a mostly vegan diet. The exceptions to this are I am allowed to have 4oz Free Range Organic Chicken and certain kinds of fin fish only.. like artic salmon (still haven't been able to find that), Icelandic cod, haddock and halibut. This being said there are many 'vegan' things I'm also not allowed such as commercially produced 'mock meat' or tofu unless its certified GMO and does not contain any fillers or other things like yeast extracts etc.

The rest of my family is not on any specific diet. I am wondering if I should make a special request to Carnival before my cruise or should I just expect there will be something I can eat that is a vegan option at meals? I have heard there may be Free Range chicken on the menu and I don't want to limit myself to vegan-only in case there happens to be one of the allowed fish or the chicken on the menu.

I don't expect they will be able to accomodate my diet exactly as prescribed so I'm wondering if I should even bother to mention it. Is the 'spa' menu usually vegetarian/vegan or something like that?

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=qaturah&date=4-10-2010&text=First Cruise ever!!! Can

I am a strict vegan and I am sailing on Carnival Valor next week. I am counting on making due with the veggies, salads, pasta......... and I plan to bring protein bars and raisins with me, particularly for the excursions.

In terms of being flexible, it all depends on the reason someone is vegan. An ethical vegan is less flexible than one who is vegan for health reasons.

Rasins are probably on a no go ashore list.

We are sailing on Carnival Liberty in April and I am on a medically-prescribed diet which recommends a mostly vegan diet. The exceptions to this are I am allowed to have 4oz Free Range Organic Chicken and certain kinds of fin fish only.. like artic salmon (still haven't been able to find that), Icelandic cod, haddock and halibut. This being said there are many 'vegan' things I'm also not allowed such as commercially produced 'mock meat' or tofu unless its certified GMO and does not contain any fillers or other things like yeast extracts etc.

The rest of my family is not on any specific diet. I am wondering if I should make a special request to Carnival before my cruise or should I just expect there will be something I can eat that is a vegan option at meals? I have heard there may be Free Range chicken on the menu and I don't want to limit myself to vegan-only in case there happens to be one of the allowed fish or the chicken on the menu.

I don't expect they will be able to accomodate my diet exactly as prescribed so I'm wondering if I should even bother to mention it. Is the 'spa' menu usually vegetarian/vegan or something like that?

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=qaturah&date=4-10-2010&text=First Cruise ever!!! Can

Mention it.........you might be surprised.

How the heck did the countdown clock end up in the quote? (scratches head)

Archived