Carnival Q4 Profits fall 48%

Sargent_Schultz

I am sure this quote from the article will make many people here happy;

Carnival plans to put four of its next six new ships in Europe starting in 2010.

I realize the six new ships are spread over several brands, but perhaps Carnival Magic will be one of the four that stay in Europe.

I am sure this quote from the article will make many people here happy;

I realize the six new ships are spread over several brands, but perhaps Carnival Magic will be one of the four that stay in Europe.

I have been saying all along that the Carnival Magic will be put into service for Europe. I even told that to John Heald and explained why I feel this way. What better way for Carnival to restart their cruises in Europe then with a brand new ship.

I have no doubt that Carnival Magic will do some European cruises before being repositioned to New Orleans. I don't see it staying year round in Europe especially if it is a twin of Carnival Dream. If Carnival bases a ship in Europe, I would think it would be Freedom or Liberty.

In 2010 Carnival Corp has a Costa, Aida, P&O, Seabourn, Holland America, and Cunard ships scheduled.

They are still the most profitable cruise line.

RCCL 3Qtr profits were off 44%, so they probably have some horrible news coming up.

I find this sentence in the article to be fantastic!

"Carnival plans to put four of its next six new ships in Europe starting in 2010."

Sooooooooo.....We are back in Europe! Yay!:D

By "Carnival" I strongly suspect they mean CCL as a whole, not just Carnival Cruise Lines. There's no telling whether they'll put an actual Carnival Cruise Line ship in Europe for a season anytime soon.

If California and Splendor do not perform well.....

I see the Splendor headed back to Europe (since that is what Costa designed her for) .... and the Conquest going to California with the Magic going to Galvestion.

Nothing shocking here. Carnival is well-set to weather the economy and to make whatever adjustments needed. They are cash rich and comfortable. Arison is no dope....they'll be fine.

Until I see their cash reserve lvels and what their long term strategy is I will just take your post as a wishfull fan hoping for the best.

CCL is very savy...but in this economy they can only nickel and dime the passenger for so much...which is where they make the bulk of their income.

Until I see their cash reserve lvels and what their long term strategy is I will just take your post as a wishfull fan hoping for the best.

CCL is very savy...but in this economy they can only nickel and dime the passenger for so much...which is where they make the bulk of their income.

Sorry, I disagree...it is RCCL that charges you for room service after midnight....for a "special steak" in the Main Dining Room .... eliminated Loyal Cruiser benefits etc etc etc

NOT Carnival. You must be confusing the two.

BTW HOW many Carnival cruises have you been on??????

Since we prepay our tips...our lowest Sail and Sign card was $2.83 at the end of a 5 day cruise...

now THAT is what I call being nickled and dimed!!!! ;)

Still, the most profitable cruiseline of 2009! :)

The One ship that seldom discounts, almost always sails full..is the Fascination out of Jacksonville, Florida. That port draws from Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...etc. Motels around the airport ( close to the port) are in a safe location and very reasonably priced. Transportation to the port is offered free of charge..or for a small fee by most hotels and motels. Nice restaurants are near and a new shopping mall type area has recently opened with even more Restaurants and shopping.

The huge advantage of Jacksonville is NOT going into South Florida. There are language difficulties, cultural differences and lodgings are much more expensive, it is six or more hours longer than Jacksonville. The huge success of the Fascination..an older ship should prove that out.

The Glory..out of Port Canaveral ...another huge success. Seldom sailed empty like the Miami ships do it seems. I love Carnival. I wish more ships would migrate up the East Coast.

Archived