Carnival Q4 Profits fall 48%

Sargent_Schultz

Well then, why did you start a thread about an article beginning:

Carnival Corp. & PLC (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) reported fourth quarter profits dropped 48 percent,

...And, isn't the title of this thread consistent with this article about Carnival CORP dropping 48%??????

Oh, goody, another fisherman......

Trolling must be popular tonight.

Originally Posted by Savoia viewpost.gif

"On my god! That isn't vacationing..it is just being cheap with yourself! Mr. Arison made barely made any money off of you..if at all!"

"Some people think anything for free is the best...when you expand your horizons..much of what CCL passes off for free is really low quality. Think about it..it couldn't be the best at all..their prices can't support quality. It is the perception of quality..that what Carnival and Mr. Arison are all about."

The jelousy just spews out all over this thread. I would think that I was in a middle a political smear campaign, sounds so much like typical Chicago politics.

I must kill this person that a compny like Carnival Corp made money. Because it destroys thier little fantasy of thier team not do well. Sounds like to me SAVOIA has been cruising with fictional characters too much. :rolleyes:

I guess for most of us looking for the best valued room for the dollar reders us low class to this poster. Sounds Pretty elitest to me.

Originally Posted by Savoia viewpost.gif

"On my god! That isn't vacationing..it is just being cheap with yourself! Mr. Arison made barely made any money off of you..if at all!"

"Some people think anything for free is the best...when you expand your horizons..much of what CCL passes off for free is really low quality. Think about it..it couldn't be the best at all..their prices can't support quality. It is the perception of quality..that what Carnival and Mr. Arison are all about."

The jelousy just spews out all over this thread. I would think that I was in a middle a political smear campaign, sounds so much like typical Chicago politics.

I must kill this person that a compny like Carnival Corp made money. Because it destroys thier little fantasy of thier team not do well. Sounds like to me SAVOIA has been cruising with fictional characters too much. :rolleyes:

I guess for most of us looking for the best valued room for the dollar reders us low class to this poster. Sounds Pretty elitest to me.

Exactly!

But it's SO fun to read. Kinda like Al Bundy wishing he wasn't a shoe salesman.

So, whenever someone corrects mis-truths they are a troll, huh?

Sad.

what's sad is that I thought that you were the smart one, as you spew out nit noid information and demigrating others on this thread as they were the ingnorant and mis informed.

If you'd take the time to Read and stop rushing to judgement like most of you do and twisting truths, you woould see that G'ma's statement in context, is refering to fishing, therefore whilest fishing you can troll for fish... get it? got it? good....

but I guess sitting in your crystal palace you would not know of that lifestyle.

Exactly!

It was only a matter of time..actually I'm surprised it took this long. If one even attempts to lift the curtain of deception about Carnival you are automatically an elitest...puhlease.

Speaks more about YOUR insecurity than anything else.

what's sad is that I thought that you were the smart one, as you spew out nit noid information and demigrating others on this thread as they were the ingnorant and mis informed.

If you'd take the time to Read and stop rushing to judgement like most of you do and twisting truths, you woould see that G'ma's statement in context, is refering to fishing, therefore whilest fishing you can troll for fish... get it? got it? good....

but I guess sitting in your crystal palace you would not know of that lifestyle.

Please explain something. Why do people like you get so offended? No where in this thread did I bash your beloved Carnival Cruise Line. God forbid! I only corrected, or disputed some comments that suggested this cruise line is not capable of the same faults as other lines. You would think that people who love cruise vacations (not those who devote their loyalty to a single cruise line) would appreciate accurate information.

It was only a matter of time..actually I'm surprised it took this long. If one even attempts to lift the curtain of deception about Carnival you are automatically an elitest...puhlease.

Speaks more about YOUR insecurity than anything else.

Don't quote me, I was only agreeing about the Chicago politics.. I really couldn't give a donkeys butt if you hate or love Carnival... They certainly are not the 'best' in my opinion although I have enjoyed a couple of cruises with them

What I don't get is the desire to constantly come on a thread dedicated to Carnival cruisers and instigate those that do love Carnival. Carnival has many flaws, none of which have anything to do with the people who post here.

If you know what is best (for you) stick to it and don't demean these people...

I did see where someone corrected their own post on Pullmatur. I'm still chuckling over that.

I don't recall anyone ever claiming Carnival walks of water.

As for controlling costs, Carnival is more capable that other cruise lines because of superior management. The total number of ships in the family, and the commonality between many ships allows them economies of scale others can only DREAM of. There is no need to nickle and dime like some other cruise lines.

There is no need to nickle and dime like some other cruise lines.

More half-truths.

True - Carnival does not charge for room service between 12 and 5 am, like another cruise line. However, Carnival's on board prices are typically higher than other cruise lines, such as drink prices and specialty dining. It still works out the same in the end.

How else does Carnival not "nickel and dime" compared to other cruise lines?

Carnival is not anal about people packing liquor in luggage like some other cruise lines.

Carnival has, at most, one restaurant and one coffee bar per ship that isn't included in the basic cruise fare. Others?

Often my onboard account closes with only charges for gratuities and Internet usage, and Carnival doesn't set prices for outsourced services such as Internet or Spa services. Nickle and dimed? Baloney.

Where did anyone claim Carnival is perfect?

There is no such thing as being "nickel and dimed". Like others have said, you can go on a cruise and not spend any additional money. The cruise lines don't make you buy that drink, that photo, or that steak that costs $15.

I'm not a Carnival cheerleader but I can honestly say that the free steaks on Carnival are much better then the free steaks on RCCL. Sorry I didn't try the $15 steak because I didn't allow myself to be "nickel and dimed".

More half-truths.

True - Carnival does not charge for room service between 12 and 5 am, like another cruise line. However, Carnival's on board prices are typically higher than other cruise lines, such as drink prices and specialty dining. It still works out the same in the end.

What's yor factual basis on that statement? how do you know that if you never sailed Carnival before and if so what is your factual basis? I never sailed RCI and NCL and I can't even be portray as an expert on Carnival, RCI, NCL or any other lines as who has the higher prices. I can venture a guess but I can not advocate that they are definitively.

But I can tell you that what is public kowledge is that RCI, NCL the ones I have been researching to cruise on, have MORE pay dinning rooms per ship than Carnival does. This is factual. And by the way, Carnival just started that concept this year I believe. So I just don't see the validity that it works out the same.

More half-truths.

How else does Carnival not "nickel and dime" compared to other cruise lines?

Of course, for the extra $5 that our specialty dining costs over RC we get PRIME grade beef, something that very clearly is NOT offered on your ship. That is MUCH more than worth the extra $5.

Don't quote me, I was only agreeing about the Chicago politics.. I really couldn't give a donkeys butt if you hate or love Carnival... They certainly are not the 'best' in my opinion although I have enjoyed a couple of cruises with them

What I don't get is the desire to constantly come on a thread dedicated to Carnival cruisers and instigate those that do love Carnival. Carnival has many flaws, none of which have anything to do with the people who post here.

If you know what is best (for you) stick to it and don't demean these people...

Well said:)

Thank you:).. I notice he has not responded.. He does not respond he only 'attacks' people in a manner that is just below the banishment line... :rolleyes:

Well said.. Sorry to chime in like that previuosly and I felt the need to respond.

I was getting tired of his bashing. That person is negative and not the least objective on anything. But yet he cruises. :rolleyes:

I wanted to respond but I think you have done enough in your last response. I was getting tired of his bashing. that person is negative and not the least objective on anything. But yet he cruises.

I just don't get his point. He hates Carnival, likes Royal.. ok so what?

I don't care what cruiseline I am on as long as I like the itinerary and the ship.. and I having a good time.. who cares???

Like I said he should stick to what he likes..

:):)

CCL is very savy...but in this economy they can only nickel and dime the passenger for so much...which is where they make the bulk of their income.

Here is where you finally reveal your true motive of RCCL cheerleader. All of the mainstream lines make the bulk of their profits by "nickel and dime"-ing the passengers, even your much-vaunted RCCL. Here I thought you were smarter than that.

Can you shed some light for me on what would make someone feel as if their choice of a cruise line is a point of pride? It's so absolutely silly.

What's yor factual basis on that statement? how do you know that if you never sailed Carnival before and if so what is your factual basis?

Where did I say I've never sailed Carnival before?:confused: Why do you draw that conclusion? If you must know, I have been on about a dozen Carnival cruises in my lifetime.

But to answer your question; for example, DH is a beer drinker. Carnival typically charges $5 for a beer. Most other cruise lines charge about $4.50. This is not a big deal. The whole point I was trying to make was that the on board charges tend to work out about even in the end. Also, one specialty restaurant or 10....what difference does it make as long as there is still a free MDR and free buffet? I'm not sure why that is so offensive. :confused:

Of course, for the extra $5 that our specialty dining costs over RC we get PRIME grade beef, something that very clearly is NOT offered on your ship. That is MUCH more than worth the extra $5.

My ship??? And to you, I must also ask why you draw this conclusion? I never said RC was my favorite. In fact, it isn't. I love cruise vacations, regardless of the cruise line. I'm sorry if you can't accept the fact that some of us are not brand loyal.

I just don't get his point. He hates Carnival, likes Royal.. ok so what?

I don't care what cruiseline I am on as long as I like the itinerary and the ship.. and I having a good time.. who cares???

Like I said he should stick to what he likes..

:):)

I don't understand either. Right now Carnival gives me what I like and I am satisfied with the level of service and price I am comfortable to pay for, when they change thier company philosophy, prices or if another company can give me the percieved value for my money then I will use them.

I cruise because I love the ocean and cruising, the ports are an additional bonus for sailing the high seas. :D

Archived