SNOW! in the Northeast Tomorrow! BLIZZARD!

MrPete

[quote name='SteveHolly']
Now were executing option 2 - driving down tomorrow AM (Saturday) and stay in one of hotels by the stadium. At least then we'll be a couple of miles to the ship!.[/quote]

There's a home Ravens game on Sunday, so make a couple of phone calls to the local hotels. You might want to try near the airport. Maryland keeps the main roads pretty clear, so going from the airport hotels to the cruise terminal won't be to bad. The side roads, that's another story.

I learned to drive in the snowbelt of Western New York. Just remember there are three types of winter drivers in Maryland.
1. Those who white knuckle it and drive at 10mph, even on a plowed I95.
2. Those who think there's nothing wrong with the roads and drive at 65+ mph.
and 3. Those who learned to drive in the snow, we value our life, so we stay home, sip on a glass of wine and plan our next cluise.

Barbara

Hi All! I'm here in Tampa, Fla and we're always just "dreamin of a white Christmas"...If all this rain and high winds, were snow, we'd be having a blizzard, but instead it just flooding. It is suppose to get quite cold this weekend here though. Tomorrow night only suppose to get into the low 30's...Sunday our highs are only to 50. That's pretty cold for us, I know not compared to the rest of the NE...Be safe everyone, and throw a snowball or two for me:D

[quote name='tess2cruz'][SIZE=3][I]Don'tcha just love Global Warming????:rolleyes::p[/I][/SIZE][/quote]

Oh yeah !

Worst frigid snowstorm in several years to come to Jersey. The world has had cooler temps over the past 10 years. And so many people are dumb enough to believe people who make a living pushing "global warming".

Just happy OUR cruise isn't leaving Sunday, since there's a good chance
ALL flights will be cancelled Saturday, perhaps into Sunday in this part of the Northeast.

[quote=G'ma;22369546]My grown daughter (who is way old enough to know better) is ecstatic with joy!!!! She loves the snow and is a true Christmas child...the whole idea of having snow for the holidays has her walking on air. And, she told me she's so happy it's on a weekend so she doesn't have to work. She can go out and about - walking......

When she was growing up, she would volunteer to shovel the driveway and sidewalks...(foolish child...I exploited her terribly, too)....

I think shes a mutant....[/quote]

That would be me!! I loved it!....but maybe after a couple of years of it then I would be tired of it! It's been so hot here!! We are finally going to have lows in the 50's!! Can you believe it? I moved to South Florida from Orlando.....and sometimes I miss the cold in Orlando.....lol..... :D

The snow is coming down hard now. Our local weatherman is saying that this is "the big one," possibly twenty inches of snow and blizzard like conditions. I just can't see the returning customers getting out of Baltimore tomorrow, or the Pride departing on time for the next cruise. Hopefully, Carnival will work out a suitable solution for everyone. Good luck and safe travels for all the Pride travellers!

I'm on the Pride tomorrow leaving from Baltimore. Maryland is supposed to get hit hard. Do you know what Carnival does in such situations? I hope our trip isn't canceled...delayed I can handle, canceled, not so much :(

I think the passengers might have trouble getting out of the parking lot and also, I wonder if the trucks with supplies will be able to get to the port. Anybody have experience with snowy cruise days?

I'm on the Pride tomorrow leaving from Baltimore. Maryland is supposed to get hit hard. Do you know what Carnival does in such situations? I hope our trip isn't canceled...delayed I can handle, canceled, not so much :(

I think the passengers might have trouble getting out of the parking lot and also, I wonder if the trucks with supplies will be able to get to the port. Anybody have experience with snowy cruise days?

I'm pretty sure the Pride is the first cruise ship to sail year round out of Baltimore, so this will be a first time experiencing a blizzard and heavy snows here. I'm sure Carnival will be scrambling to figure this one out [and getting a lot of calls on the process]

I heard someone on cable news say that "blizzard" conditions could be in store for some areas more northerly.

Of course' date=' he wasn't a weather person, he didn't elaborate and didn't say where he got his information.

Sort of like rumors that start on CC and other forums I guess.

I'm in the Philly/South Jersey area..they are predicting 6-12" but nothing about "blizzard".....[/quote']

Read...like you tell others... Post#22

Another poster, linked to National Weather Service, Long Island is getting the blizzard..

:rolleyes:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/okx/

Created: 12/18/09 11:45 PM EST StormTotalSnowFcst.pngspacer.gifspacer.gif

Been living in So Cal for over 40 years, but born and raised in Iowa . . . and I don't miss what you folks are going to be going through ONE BIT.

72 degrees today . . . 35 minutes from the ocean . . . one hour from loads of snow on the local mountains . . . LIFE IS GREAT ! ! :D

Ahhhhh, the People's Republic of California . . . what a life. :rolleyes:

72 degrees today . . . 35 minutes from the ocean . . . one hour from loads of snow on the local mountains . . . LIFE IS GREAT ! ! :D

Ahhhhh, the People's Republic of California . . . what a life. :rolleyes:

Just when I needed a pffffttttt emoticon, and I can't find it.

I'm pretty sure the Pride is the first cruise ship to sail year round out of Baltimore, so this will be a first time experiencing a blizzard and heavy snows here. I'm sure Carnival will be scrambling to figure this one out [and getting a lot of calls on the process]

This is the first year of year round cruises out of Baltimore. They say we are going to have a snowy winter. One ship(a RCCCL) about a month ago was delayed coming up the bay because of a wind storm. Maybe they will cancel cruises in the winter.

brrrr and such nasty stuff. i hope everyone stays save and makes it too there desintations savely. this crazy weather is just one more reasons i dont make cruise plans during the winter months because i also have to fly or drive to every port. i wish i lived in a port city. when i retire in 1 1/2 yrs i just might make that happen :D. we can always dream and have a goal right :).

Well we were supposed to leave this afternoon 12:00 out of Philly to Miami, got a phone call at 3AM telling us our flight is cancelled and rescheduled for 6 AM tomorrow. We are sailing on the Valor on Sunday. It's my 50th birthday Sunday so the cruise is my birthday gift as well as our family Christmas gift to each other. We've booked a room at the airport for tonight so we don't miss the flight in the morning. We can't wait to go so we are all thinking ONLY positive thoughts :)

I think it's just about to arrive here in NY. Feels it too. :eek:

Last night they were saying 6". Now they are saying 12 to 20"

And the wind is really starting to pick up around here! Stores are nuts, gas stations are nuts! Not a flake in sight yet. Well, at least this will give us an opportunity to "eat out of our freezer." DH complains we can live for months off the stuff in there! To all those heading out to cruise - we'll keep our fingers crossed that you get there safely, and in time!

And the wind is really starting to pick up around here! Stores are nuts, gas stations are nuts! Not a flake in sight yet. Well, at least this will give us an opportunity to "eat out of our freezer." DH complains we can live for months off the stuff in there! To all those heading out to cruise - we'll keep our fingers crossed that you get there safely, and in time!

I am in Central Jersey just on the other side of Staten Island. Snow started here lightly at 8 am (so much for noon). Saying we will have 2-4" before sunset and then the real part of the storm will hit. I live right on the border 0f 6-12" and 12-18". So we will be slammed.

Went grocery shopping last night. That was a mess. DD came home from school yesterday instead of today. Her school cancelled any finals scheduled for today.

Good weekend to wrap presents, make cookies and watch tv.

All the Suffolk County Loons are out preparing for Y2K Part Deux... My husband is one of them lol:p

Archived