Back to the Class System

jebl

So you really don't like that people get what they've paid for?

If I'm paying $3,000 for a 7 night cruise in an OS and part of that fare is a guarantee of a chair at the pool or ice show or theater, then by golly, I want it because I paid for it.

You can have it too!!! It's just that you pay for it. Simple isn't it?

I am paying $529 on Mariner of the Seas. I would volunteer to hold your robe and apply sunscreen;)

If I'm paying $3,000 for a 7 night cruise in an OS and part of that fare is a guarantee of a chair at the pool or ice show or theater, then by golly, I want it because I paid for it.

But she used to get it without paying for it, it was a public area before, she does not want change, she is not jealous, just give her back those areas.;):rolleyes:

There's an enormous amount of posts on this crazy, out of control thread so you possibly haven't read them all...but what I've continually said is you ABSOLUTELY get what you pay for. I pay for an interior, I do NOT begrudge the person who has a window.

Nor do I feel that way about your suite and your robe, your chocolates, private breakfast area, priority embarkation, etc, etc, etc. You ABSOLUTELY paid for it.

What I'll say one more time is I have a problem with prime seats being TAKEN AWAY from me, ESPECIALLY when they sit EMPTY. I absolutely saw it during the ice show. Most of the front row was empty. But there were still good available seats.

I REALLY saw it at the pool when I had two horrible chairs under an underhang right by the solarium door, and the MOST suite people in the roped off chairs I EVER counted in three days at sea was 12. That was the day I counted the most, leaving 30 empty deck chairs. This is an issue I've read MANY times on these boards.

If the suite deck chairs were USED, I would have a MUCH less problem with this.

Please don't keep thinking that us losers in steerage think you all shouldn't get your perks. That's NOT the point of most of the replies on this thread, which mostly seem to have to do with unused deck chairs.

Do I let this sit and ruin my cruise? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But I do chime in when it comes up (ad nauseum) on these boards.

I am paying $529 on Mariner of the Seas. I would volunteer to hold your robe and apply sunscreen;)

Haha! For that deal in a balcony cabin like you have, I'd take my chances on getting that "exact" lounge chair that I wanted!!!

Then again, I can go out really early drop a towel, some old flip flops and an old magazine and come back a few hours later. :D

And, I'll buy a few drinks at the bar when the libations in my rum runners run out! :D

I have eagerly visited this thread since it started, and the various opinions shared by so many interested parties, really has opened my eyes.

It seems that if you are in a suite you should be entitled to the "perks", and if you cruise in a non-suite, you should not be deprived of benefits.

Case in point: We love Labadee, barefoot beach is were we spent the last couple hours of our last stop on the island. It is big, beautiful. And at that time not crowded. The Mariner of the Seas was sold out for that sailing.

Let everyone enjoy the beach, if suite guest would like to book a Cabana, fine. They can pay for this luxury. Don't limit access to all other aspects.

Yea, we had a suite on the Mariner, maybe used the Conciernage lounge for a drink 4-5 times, one glass (I am a cheap date).

We are only able to vacation one big event a year and a small car get-away in the fall. We had booked the suite to make this last cruise vacation special.

Did we book a suite on our upcoming cruise?

Dare I admit it if we did?

All that I can say is that if enough people share their opinions with RCI, maybe once again, Labadee Barefoot beach and other changes coming will be modified to meet the needs to all.

Eagerly awaiting other's views.

Safe travels.

There's an enormous amount of posts on this crazy, out of control thread so you possibly haven't read them all...but what I've continually said is you ABSOLUTELY get what you pay for. I pay for an interior, I do NOT begrudge the person who has a window.

Nor do I feel that way about your suite and your robe, your chocolates, private breakfast area, priority embarkation, etc, etc, etc. You ABSOLUTELY paid for it.

What I'll say one more time is I have a problem with prime seats being TAKEN AWAY from me, ESPECIALLY when they sit EMPTY. I absolutely saw it during the ice show. Most of the front row was empty. But there were still good available seats.

I REALLY saw it at the pool when I had two horrible chairs under an underhang right by the solarium door, and the MOST suite people in the roped off chairs I EVER counted in three days at sea was 12. That was the day I counted the most, leaving 30 empty deck chairs. This is an issue I've read MANY times on these boards.

If the suite deck chairs were USED, I would have a MUCH less problem with this.

Please don't keep thinking that us losers in steerage think you all shouldn't get your perks. That's NOT the point of most of the replies on this thread, which mostly seem to have to do with unused deck chairs.

Do I let this sit and ruin my cruise? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But I do chime in when it comes up (ad nauseum) on these boards.

Your post brought up a fabulous idea with me, I´m sure you like it;)

I sa keep the roped of area for suite guests, but if a seat is empty let anybody who wants it sit there and enjoy it until a suite guests comes to claim it, the non-uite passenger has to leave then immidiately.

I´m sure this will go well with you as this way those prime seats don´t go unused. They are only "taken away from you" when being used.;)

All that I can say is that if enough people share their opinions with RCI, maybe once again, Labadee Barefoot beach and other changes coming will be modified to meet the needs to all.

Eagerly awaiting other's views.

Safe travels.

Sure it´s always a good idea to tell a company how you feel. I´m sure they value your feedback. However a business is no democracy and while a number of complaints might change it back, and there´s examples where it did help, there´s no guarantee.

I sa keep the roped of area for suite guests, but if a seat is empty let anybody who wants it sit there and enjoy it until a suite guests comes to claim it, the non-uite passenger has to leave then immidiately.

I´m sure this will go well with you as this way those prime seats don´t go unused. They are only "taken away from you" when being used.;)

I love it! It's the whole mentality of, "Well I'll do it (ie sit in a chair I'm not supposed to) until I get caught," but it's still considered "legal." After a few beers in my lovely deck chair, I wouldn't care if someone sat ON me.

BTW, I spent four months (sort of working) in Germany once...it's one of my absolutely FAVORITE countries. Where do you live?

I love it! It's the whole mentality of, "Well I'll do it (ie sit in a chair I'm not supposed to) until I get caught," but it's still considered "legal." After a few beers in my lovely deck chair, I wouldn't care if someone sat ON me.

BTW, I spent four months (sort of working) in Germany once...it's one of my absolutely FAVORITE countries. Where do you live?

I live in Northrhine Westphalia, it´s a small town about an hour north of Cologne and Düsseldorf.

I suppose because I grew up in a different era - I find the golden ropes to be especially offensive.

Everytime this topic comes up I've posted the same thing - if people want to book a suite - hooray for them. I'm quite happy with a balcony cabin for 2 of us.

If the cruiselines want to set up private areas on board the newer ships for suite passengers - great! In the past a number of us have listed quite a few perks the cruiselines can provide suite passengers that would not impact other guests.

Even with the big talking posters on here who carry on about all the big dollars that are spent to reserve a suite vs a JS or Balcony; most who reserve a suite are hard working people who consider the suite a big splurge and appreciate any "perks" the cruise line offers.

With them in mind, and not the millionaires who frequent the boards, the cruise lines can rearrange the dining rooms and provide suite passengers with a special more upscale menu. They don't need ropes to achieve this and only the ones sitting at the designated tables would even know. On larger ships they can receive a significant discount in the specialty restaurants or even special beverages free.

The problem with some of these and other previous suggestions - it would cost the cruise line money. :rolleyes: They prefer ticking everyone off with golden ropes which are cheap.

Is there a slight amount of sarcasm applied here?

I would personally buy a ticket to watch what happens when a "suite guest" confronts Amybeth (after she's pounded a few) or other non-suite guests who are sitting in the roped off area. This could be better entertainment than the World Wrestling Federation. :D Shoot, I hope RCI isn't reading this.... could lead to another revenue source! LOL

For the record, I am fine with my balcony cabin and realize very well that I'm not entitled to the perks that a suite guest is entitled to. If those benefits were important to me, then I'd be booking a suite.

I guess this is like not wanting to pay to water your lawn, so you take your hose and attach it to your neighbor's hose bib, turn it on and water away. You only stop when your neighbor confronts you. You're basically taking something (a benefit) that you didn't pay for.

I would personally buy a ticket to watch what happens when a "suite guest" confronts Amybeth (after she's pounded a few) or other non-suite guests who are sitting in the roped off area. This could be better than the WWF. :D

For the record, I am fine with my balcony cabin and realize very well that I'm not entitled to the perks that a suite guest is entitled to. If those benefits were important to me, then I'd be booking a suite.

I guess this is like not wanting to pay to water your lawn, so you take your hose and attach it to your neighbor's hose bib, turn it on and water away. You only stop when your neighbor confronts you. You're basically taking something (a benefit) that you didn't pay for.

Isn't that called.... stealing??:eek:

I would personally buy a ticket to watch what happens when a "suite guest" confronts Amybeth (after she's pounded a few) or other non-suite guests who are sitting in the roped off area. This could be better entertainment than the World Wrestling Federation. :D Shoot, I hope RCI isn't reading this.... could lead to another revenue source! LOL

I admit that my idea wasn´t meant 100% seriously, but then if it would make the people happy and they would willingly give up their loungers in case - why not. ;)

That'll buy a few RS's and OS's replete with guaranteed loungers, et al. :D

If it had been me I would still be booking Ocean Views. And who would want one of those loungers now. The above mentioned WWF spectacular will be much more viewable from other locations.

I would personally buy a ticket to watch what happens when a "suite guest" confronts Amybeth (after she's pounded a few) or other non-suite guests who are sitting in the roped off area.

Unlike the loser some of you might think I am, if I went into it knowing someone in a gold crown and sceptre could come over and take the seat from me, I'd say, "Okay."

Had I been willing to just sit in a roped off seat on the Liberty in the hopes that the Chair Police wouldn't come over and ask to see my sea pass card, then I would've then "stolen" something I hadn't paid for. But I didn't do that. I grumbled to my friend, "Look how many seats are empty," had a beer and watched the belly flop contest. :)

Archived