Back to the Class System

jebl

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that RCI is reverting to the old class system of cruising?

I will preface this by saying I am not a suite passengers.

I will however, never, EVER become annoyed when a suite passenger gets priveleges that I do not get. THEY PAID FOR IT.

If you are shelling out (more) money, for a suite you should dang well be treated royally....or what would be the purpose of booking the suite?

(If you pay an exorbitant amount for a regular cabin, that doesn't mean you should be treated better, that just means you need to brush up on your shopping skills) :p

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that RCI is reverting to the old class system of cruising?

When I first started cruising everyone was equal and entitled to use all areas of the ship, sit wherever you could find a seat and use all of the beach areas on "private islands". The only thing you got by paying a higher price than the next person was roomier accomodations and some perks in your suite.

Now the suite passengers are getting a special section in the theater, by the pool on some ships, a special area on Labadee that used to be open to all.

Next I guess those of us who don't want to pay big bucks for a suite will be relegated to certain deck, dining rooms, etc.

I'm not sure if I really like this trend of separation.

Although this thread is four years old, I can't help but hope my fellow RC cruisers don't feel this way now.

Sorry but I find this topic to be a bit off-putting. What is wrong with people who pay more getting more privileges?

Don't take me wrong. I'm not a suite buyer and am only gold status, but I have no problem with the people who paid big money for the suites to get more perks.

Sorry but I find this topic to be a bit off-putting. What is wrong with people who pay more getting more privileges?

Don't take me wrong. I'm not a suite buyer and am only gold status, but I have no problem with the people who paid big money for the suites to get more perks.

I agree completely. I enjoy being in a suite and will continue to sail in a suite.

Happy sailing to you and yours.

What is everyone talking about, there is nothing new in this, there always has been a "financial class system. So what, I learned live with it, I'm happy with who I am and what I have achieved, and not envious, but appreciate the effort, time, risk many took, notice many, to make the amount of money that allows them to have things I cannot.

Again, this practice is common at land resorts. In life when people pay more they should be entailed to more. This is the other side of getting what you pay for.

Precisely! This is coming from someone who has never sailed in anything above a standard balcony cabin.

We're able to use the private dining room for breakfast and don't. We ate there one morning with one of the most stuffy couples ever. We enjoy the MDR much more. The roped off lounges by the pool are not in a desirable spot. We don't use them. The ice skating show...same thing. We don't use them. You're welcome to my spot.

Archived