Back to the Class System

jebl

I agree with you too. I could care less what people get in their rooms. But it seems everyone cries 'jealousy' when people bring up VALID points about areas that were available in the price of someone's cruise suddenly becoming unavailable in the same price of someone's cruise, such as the lounge chair. I have a pool at home and don't go to it or the lounge chairs on my cruises - I can do that at home, you know? But what exactly is it that everyone thinks people are jealous of? I don't get it.:confused: I mean, the perks I've read about suites on RCCL are nothing to be jealous of at all....if you added them up by price they would usually not equal the amount you pay for them - unless you consume lots of alcohol regularly on your cruise and you can drink for free for an hour or two in the overcrowded lounge - that's the only thing I can think of....

Agreed... there is ZERO to be jealous of. I've done owner's suites (Jewel, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner), but that's with 4 people in the cabin. Now that there's two, there's no need for the space AND the perks really aren't that great. I've yet to not find a good seat in the theater or a lounge chair at the pool. And the drinks in the CL? Well, I'll just make up for that with my rum runners in tow. :)

Agreed... there is ZERO to be jealous of. I've done owner's suites (Jewel, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner), but that's with 4 people in the cabin. Now that there's two, there's no need for the space AND the perks really aren't that great. I've yet to not find a good seat in the theater or a lounge chair at the pool. And the drinks in the CL? Well, I'll just make up for that with my rum runners in tow. :)

Amen :)

When we have a balcony, we like the balcony too, but one of the things that RCI promotes is its pools. I'm not a sun person, so I'm happy to take a chair in the shade, but I really like going in the pool. I don't care about the shows, but part of being on a cruise, to me, is being able to hang out by the pool. If/when I want to go in the pool, I shouldn't have to walk 5 decks. The thing about the roped off deck chairs is that the anecdotal evidence shows that they aren't really being used. If the other perks are being used, then that's great. But I would argue that most people that go on a cruise want to use the pool/pool area at some point. I can take or leave a show.

I agree with bluegirl. Someone posted that "public" areas are what the cruise line decides to designate as PUBLIC. I don't think it is fair to say that about the pool area. Look at any cruise advertisement or website. You'll see a photo of the pool area. What do people do on sea days? They gather around the pool. The main pool is arguably the MOST public area of any cruise ship. And it is almost ALWAYS difficult to find two or four empty chairs together on a sea day. You're lucky to find two that are not too far from each other so you can DRAG them together. Sectioning off chairs for use by a certain class of passenger, knowing that it leaves the rest of us circling the decks looking for chairs, while we look longingly at those nearly ALWAYS EMPTY chairs in the Suite Guests Only sections, just seems WRONG.

A pool chair seems very basic. I know that, if I don't travel first class on a plane, I won't get "free" cocktails, a nice meal, a comfy chair, etc. But I'll at least get a SEAT. (Barring being bumped by a high-level airline executive to whom no one is willing to voluntarilly surrender theirs.)

I agree with bluegirl. Someone posted that "public" areas are what the cruise line decides to designate as PUBLIC. I don't think it is fair to say that about the pool area. Look at any cruise advertisement or website. You'll see a photo of the pool area. What do people do on sea days? They gather around the pool. The main pool is arguably the MOST public area of any cruise ship. And it is almost ALWAYS difficult to find two or four empty chairs together on a sea day. You're lucky to find two that are not too far from each other so you can DRAG them together.

Well, you can always get out to the pool really early, drop a towel, maybe some old flip flops and a three month old magazine down and come back later. :cool:

Ok... Popcorn please! :D

I agree with bluegirl. Someone posted that "public" areas are what the cruise line decides to designate as PUBLIC. I don't think it is fair to say that about the pool area. Look at any cruise advertisement or website. You'll see a photo of the pool area. What do people do on sea days? They gather around the pool. The main pool is arguably the MOST public area of any cruise ship. And it is almost ALWAYS difficult to find two or four empty chairs together on a sea day. You're lucky to find two that are not too far from each other so you can DRAG them together. Sectioning off chairs for use by a certain class of passenger, knowing that it leaves the rest of us circling the decks looking for chairs, while we look longingly at those nearly ALWAYS EMPTY chairs in the Suite Guests Only sections, just seems WRONG.

A pool chair seems very basic. I know that, if I don't travel first class on a plane, I won't get "free" cocktails, a nice meal, a comfy chair, etc. But I'll at least get a SEAT. (Barring being bumped by a high-level airline executive to whom no one is willing to voluntarilly surrender theirs.)

Here´s the answer, as Mark rightly stated the roped off area is no longer public space and it´s been enough time since the announcement now to adjust your travel plans accordingly to the now available public space.

Validity, like beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder. One person's VALID point is INVALID in another person's view.

Take lounge chairs, reserved seating, etc. as an example. The suite enhancements were annouced on February 17, 2009 to be implemented in March. I would say that the only people who have a valid point about not getting what they paid for are those who booked prior to Feb 17 and cruised in March/April 2009. Everybody else either could have canceled their cruise if they chose to, or booked it after the announcement and should have known that those areas were not included in the price of their cruise unless they booked a suite.

Hi Icguy - hope your holidays are going well!

I think the idea of being able to bump someone off of a flight that they have planned for, payed for, arrrived for - all of that- because someone that unfortunatly has to travel a lot for business or whatever wants a seat at the last minute is extremely distasteful. Like I had said before, taking care of customers should be a priority for all businesses, especially right now. Giving perks to someone that has spent a lot with your company is fine and a smart move. Giving them a seat that has been purchased by and anticipated by someone else is still disgusting to me. Sadly, business can be a very slimy thing - I just think people need to stop and think of the people that they effect more in life. While you didn't have to wait 4 hours for an available flight for your last minute, non-planned seat - someone else has been denied boarding that did everything right. For those that would say 'it's business - you can't expect them to care about people or expect those recieving perks to think about what they may be taking from others' -well, luckily, I don't see it that way and I think the people I affect in life are probably thankful for that. The very best businesses can strike a balance between making money and keeping customers satisfied.

What you're failing to realize is that they are doing just that... they are making money AND keeping customers satisfied... their most important customers. a typical Y class ecoomy fare, or full fare economy, at the last minute costs 1,000 or better. now, if you figure that 100,000 miles a year translates into 50 flights or 25 round trip flights, you're looking at $25,000 or better from this customer. The person they bump is the person that has paid the LOWEST price. Furthermore, the airline doesn't just pump someone first they ask for volunteers and offer vouchers and goodies. Usually people jump at the chance for a $200 voucher and a meal just to wait an HOUR for the next flight.

But see...since Joe X paid $200 for his flight and Mr Buisiness paid $1,000 even by giving Joe a voucher the airline still made $800. Joe gets to fly basically for free and Mr. Buisiness gets to make his important meeting. Everyone is happy.

I've only seen them force someone off a plane once because no one volunteered and the only reason I remember is because it was me LOL And I still got a $400 voucher and upgrade on the next flight. So even then I wasn't too upset.

As I posted earlier (see 128), I agree:

If you don't like the rules, then go on a different cruise line. No one is forcing anyone to go on RCI.

Yeah, that is always a great come back around here.... if you don't like something leave. It makes for great discussion and is such an effective way to get someone to see your point of view. I am sure Mr. Goldstein loves it when people advise others to leave HIS cruise line just as if it is YOUR cruise line.

That´s fine with me.

But the more important question is - How many people had to stand in the back, not being able to find a single seat in the Theater?

I haven't had to stand but have had some pretty rotten lines of sight while those seats sat empty.

Yeah, that is always a great come back around here.... if you don't like something leave. It makes for great discussion and is such an effective way to get someone to see your point of view. I am sure Mr. Goldstein loves it when people advise others to leave HIS cruise line just as if it is YOUR cruise line.

LMAO. So you and the others that don't like the current situation continue to pour your money into the cruise line and then come back to CC and complain about it. Yeah that's going to make them change.:rolleyes:

LMAO. So you and the others that don't like the current situation continue to pour your money into the cruise line and then come back to CC and complain about it. Yeah that's going to make them change.:rolleyes:

No, it is like this. I let RCI know what it is that I like and don't like. If the things I like continue to out weight the things that I don't like I will most certainly continue to pay RCI money in exchange for the service they provide. If, and when, they no longer meet my needs I will re-evaluate where I vacation and to whom I will turn over money. As for these boards, I come here to share opinions, experiences, etc. with others. Oh yeah...:rolleyes:

Don't have much to add to this thread, as I understand that RCI is trying to make as much money as possible in these difficult times and if giving someone a special section at the pool, that isn't usually even prime locations and holding seats in the theatres makes that possible, I guess I don't have a problem with it. I just booked the Mariner for 7 days in March for $600 for a balcony. I could have booked an inside for $350. I just hope to heck people keep giving thousands and thousands for their suites so I can continue to get a bargain! When the cruiselines go broke... I doubt that there will be any bargains...:rolleyes:

On another side note. On the recent IOS Transatlantic, the ice shows were 100% full, and they were the best I have ever seen at sea. The shows were great. The main theatre was never much over half full for any production and a few minutes before the start of the show anyone could sit in the front row in the main theatre. :D

jc

I've only seen them force someone off a plane once because no one volunteered and the only reason I remember is because it was me LOL And I still got a $400 voucher and upgrade on the next flight. So even then I wasn't too upset.

Lol - that made me laugh out loud - yes, that would be a memorable experience! As I said, in that case I certainly hope that someone that deems themselves more important because their company pays for them to fly a lot stops to think how they inconvenienced someone else. Sorry, but my Mom was really good at hammering home the Golden Rule and thinking about your actions.:D

Guess it just really seems distasteful to me, still. Sorry, just my own humble opinion. Like I mentioned before, there is a way to reward your frequent customers without stripping things from your new customers (by the way, how do you even know they won't bring in lots of business from trying the product the first time?) It seems silly to me to assume that a new customer doesn't run the department that books travel for a very large well funded firm.....;). That was me a few years ago - and you can believe that when the price was comparable I went with the airlines and hotels that treated ME well as a customer - not just the accounting department that was paying for one of our execs to fly to another meeting.

Anyway, the suite perks on RCCL are a wash for me as there isn't one that I would use so it's a waste of money. I'm sure someone else out there finds that they use EVERY perk. Either way I'm happy, really. When I last cruised they didn't have these 'roped off' divides and I think it looks kind of silly on a mass market line. I have to be honest - I don't think I would want to sit there as I would feel on display. I don't go to shows, so didn't notice reserved spots, either. But I do think that when you encroach on public areas, especially areas that people paying the same price for their vacation always had access to (beach on Labadee) you have to be crazy or an RCCL exec to say something hasn't been removed from another paying passengers purchased product.

Put it this way. You have a suite on RCCL. It's the second time you have purchased one with them. You get your info and find out that you no longer have access to the CL (that's now only for the OS now. You also don't get chocolates on the pillow, no more petit fours or hors deourves at night, no priority tendering and no access to the private beaches on the private island. As well, there will only be roped off lounge chairs available for the OS. Would you still consider that this is still a great deal even though you are paying the same amount of money that you did last time when you DID receive all of this? Do you nod your head yes wholeheartedly that the OS people deserve these and you don't because they might be paying more than you? Would you now book a OS to get back those things? If yes to the last one, you might be a cruise exec's dream! lol

I hope this doesn't sound rude, I don't mean it to. I'm just really curious for anyone that champions things like the lounge chair rope off or the beach privatization how they would feel with my above scenario?:)

Lol - that made me laugh out loud - yes, that would be a memorable experience! As I said, in that case I certainly hope that someone that deems themselves more important because their company pays for them to fly a lot stops to think how they inconvenienced someone else. Sorry, but my Mom was really good at hammering home the Golden Rule and thinking about your actions.:D

Guess it just really seems distasteful to me, still. Sorry, just my own humble opinion. Like I mentioned before, there is a way to reward your frequent customers without stripping things from your new customers (by the way, how do you even know they won't bring in lots of business from trying the product the first time?) It seems silly to me to assume that a new customer doesn't run the department that books travel for a very large well funded firm.....;). That was me a few years ago - and you can believe that when the price was comparable I went with the airlines and hotels that treated ME well as a customer - not just the accounting department that was paying for one of our execs to fly to another meeting.

Anyway, the suite perks on RCCL are a wash for me as there isn't one that I would use so it's a waste of money. I'm sure someone else out there finds that they use EVERY perk. Either way I'm happy, really. When I last cruised they didn't have these 'roped off' divides and I think it looks kind of silly on a mass market line. I have to be honest - I don't think I would want to sit there as I would feel on display. I don't go to shows, so didn't notice reserved spots, either. But I do think that when you encroach on public areas, especially areas that people paying the same price for their vacation always had access to (beach on Labadee) you have to be crazy or an RCCL exec to say something hasn't been removed from another paying passengers purchased product.

Put it this way. You have a suite on RCCL. It's the second time you have purchased one with them. You get your info and find out that you no longer have access to the CL (that's now only for the OS now. You also don't get chocolates on the pillow, no more petit fours or hors deourves at night, no priority tendering and no access to the private beaches on the private island. As well, there will only be roped off lounge chairs available for the OS. Would you still consider that this is still a great deal even though you are paying the same amount of money that you did last time when you DID receive all of this? Do you nod your head yes wholeheartedly that the OS people deserve these and you don't because they might be paying more than you? Would you now book a OS to get back those things? If yes to the last one, you might be a cruise exec's dream! lol

I hope this doesn't sound rude, I don't mean it to. I'm just really curious for anyone that champions things like the lounge chair rope off or the beach privatization how they would feel with my above scenario?:)

When I flew international first class with some of the best airlines in the world, I expected special treatment. Pre-flight sit down dinner, a massage, drinks, a spa, etc.etc. Then there were times I flew business class and even though I was just few feet away from the first class lounge and knowing what the passengers were getting there, I realized, that I have not paid for it and as such I will only get free drinks and a comfy place to sit. On a rare occasion I had to fly economy, and only because of my status I was able to enjoy the business lounge but if it wasn't for my status, I would be sitting in the terminal bar/restaurant or gate area.

When in economy, did I ever feel like a second class citizen? a passenger that was not getting his share of room?

Never!!!

I understood why airlines want to treat their best passengers with anything and everything. Why not? They're paying thousands more than the Joe Treaveler sitting in row 46. Joe Traveler is happy because he got from point A to point B and it took the same time as Mr. Big, but for much cheaper. Mr. Big expects to be treated differently because he paid 10x the fare.

What's so hard to understand?

OK, I´ll bite and answer your question.

If I would still book the GS or an OS or maybe just a JS would not be influenced by the presence or absence of any of those perks. If it´s still a good deal to me has only to do with the price for the cabin.

If I book a suite it´s for the room and not the perks. I didn´t like the mints they used to put on your pillow, but yes I do like the Ghiradellie chocolate. I´m not a big drinker but I like to socialize in the CL, if it´s taken away oh well, there´s other areas on the ship to meet people. I´m not sitting at the pool anyway and I´ve always been able to find a seat in the theater.

Yes I would wholeheartly have no problem with OS passengers get these perks and me myself not.

It´s just like now when not booking a suite I won´t get some stuff that people booked in a suite will get - no problem at all.

I cruise sometimes in suites and sometimes not. As a non-suite cruiser I have no problem with the roped off areas, however as a suite cruiser I don´t like them and wouldn´t use them, I like to find and choose my own seat. But I say if there´s people that like the perk - ok fine with me, go ahead and enjoy.

When I flew international first class with some of the best airlines in the world, I expected special treatment. Pre-flight sit down dinner, a massage, drinks, a spa, etc.etc. Then there were times I flew business class and even though I was just few feet away from the first class lounge and knowing what the passengers were getting there, I realized, that I have not paid for it and as such I will only get free drinks and a comfy place to sit. On a rare occasion I had to fly economy, and only because of my status I was able to enjoy the business lounge but if it wasn't for my status, I would be sitting in the terminal bar/restaurant or gate area.

When in economy, did I ever feel like a second class citizen? a passenger that was not getting his share of room?

Never!!!

I understood why airlines want to treat their best passengers with anything and everything. Why not? They're paying thousands more than the Joe Treaveler sitting in row 46. Joe Traveler is happy because he got from point A to point B and it took the same time as Mr. Big, but for much cheaper. Mr. Big expects to be treated differently because he paid 10x the fare.

What's so hard to understand?

It´s not hard to understand, but the comparison between cruises and flights just doesn´t fit. It´s apples to oranges.

OK, I´ll bite and answer your question.

If I would still book the GS or an OS or maybe just a JS would not be influenced by the presence or absence of any of those perks. If it´s still a good deal to me has only to do with the price for the cabin.

If I book a suite it´s for the room and not the perks. I didn´t like the mints they used to put on your pillow, but yes I do like the Ghiradellie chocolate. I´m not a big drinker but I like to socialize in the CL, if it´s taken away oh well, there´s other areas on the ship to meet people. I´m not sitting at the pool anyway and I´ve always been able to find a seat in the theater.

Yes I would wholeheartly have no problem with OS passengers get these perks and me myself not.

It´s just like now when not booking a suite I won´t get some stuff that people booked in a suite will get - no problem at all.

I cruise sometimes in suites and sometimes not. As a non-suite cruiser I have no problem with the roped off areas, however as a suite cruiser I don´t like them and wouldn´t use them, I like to find and choose my own seat. But I say if there´s people that like the perk - ok fine with me, go ahead and enjoy.

G, as usual, spot on.

I don't cruise in a suite (would be happy to if someone wants to give me one). Rarely sit at the pool, and if I did sit at the pool, I wouldn't want to sit in a special place because of all of the people who just look for a reason to hate someone else. It really comes down to people thinking that they have ownership of the ship. You are a passenger on a cruise. It is their danged ship and they get to decide how they operate it. If they make decisions that chase away customers then it is bad, and they should change it. If it enhances their bottom line, then in this economy, more power to them. The reality is if people are influenced by the perks and it gets them to separate themselves from a dozen or two more Ben Franklins then I say congratulations RCI, well done.

Do people really go on vacation to hate.... sure seems that way reading these kinds of threads.:eek:

jc

It´s not hard to understand, but the comparison between cruises and flights just doesn´t fit. It´s apples to oranges.

Right, I agree with you there. The only way that you could say it would fit is if they suddenly went to the economy class section and told people to move because their seats are now being offered to the first class passengers first. Or perhaps they were told that ALL bathrooms will now be for first class use only and they can use one if they wait until all of the first class passengers decide to finish.

In a plane, you can't really remove something from one class to give to another. And by that I mean if you liken it to the lounge chairs, for instance, you would have to take something that folks have always gotten included in their fare, like maybe a seat tray - and tell them that now the trays in the first three rows will be removed to give to the first class passengers. Doesn't really work for planes...:o

But I did read your other response - thanks for responding:). I guess you're like me only you find the suite itself worth more money but don't care about the perks. I don't care about either so doesn't matter to me. My point was, though, that they would be removing things and still charging you the same. I think that's the easiest way to put it. I personally am very value oriented and I think that's how I've been able to still be doing just as well during this economy as I was before. Plus I'm in a good business, luckily! I like to buy things but I always weigh out if it is worth it for me. If I were to frequent a restaurant that has a four course pre fixe menu for $60 and I go in one day and find out it now has only two courses with an amuse bouche I'm not going to frequent it anymore - but that's me. I'm also not really a cruising fanatic like a lot of my friends on CC - this will probably be the last one for a few years because we tend to get bored easily and want to see other countries on a longer basis than a port stop, so I'm not swayed by the 'but it's a cruise, you're on a cruise, any cruise vacation is better than none' type thinking.

I guess it's all just really personal opinion - but I do find points on both sides to be valid and I cannot fathom anyone being jealous over the few perks you get on the mid market lines....and I'm glad RCCL is making money in this economy - I hope all businesses do!:)

On large commercial airplanes there are bathrooms in both sections (first/coach) and they announce that those in first class are exclusively for passengers in first class. I have never heard them announce that the bathrooms in coach are exclusively for the use of coach passengers. Just saying.:D;)

I have been lucky enough to fly on several private jets over the years. On those there is only a tube and no bathroom at all. It is amazing how much less I am tempted to drink before and during the flight.:D:eek:

jc

Right, I agree with you there. The only way that you could say it would fit is if they suddenly went to the economy class section and told people to move because their seats are now being offered to the first class passengers first. Or perhaps they were told that ALL bathrooms will now be for first class use only and they can use one if they wait until all of the first class passengers decide to finish.

In a plane, you can't really remove something from one class to give to another. And by that I mean if you liken it to the lounge chairs, for instance, you would have to take something that folks have always gotten included in their fare, like maybe a seat tray - and tell them that now the trays in the first three rows will be removed to give to the first class passengers. Doesn't really work for planes...:o

But I did read your other response - thanks for responding:). I guess you're like me only you find the suite itself worth more money but don't care about the perks. I don't care about either so doesn't matter to me. My point was, though, that they would be removing things and still charging you the same. I think that's the easiest way to put it. I personally am very value oriented and I think that's how I've been able to still be doing just as well during this economy as I was before. Plus I'm in a good business, luckily! I like to buy things but I always weigh out if it is worth it for me. If I were to frequent a restaurant that has a four course pre fixe menu for $60 and I go in one day and find out it now has only two courses with an amuse bouche I'm not going to frequent it anymore - but that's me. I'm also not really a cruising fanatic like a lot of my friends on CC - this will probably be the last one for a few years because we tend to get bored easily and want to see other countries on a longer basis than a port stop, so I'm not swayed by the 'but it's a cruise, you're on a cruise, any cruise vacation is better than none' type thinking.

I guess it's all just really personal opinion - but I do find points on both sides to be valid and I cannot fathom anyone being jealous over the few perks you get on the mid market lines....and I'm glad RCCL is making money in this economy - I hope all businesses do!:)

What is being removed? :confused: There are lounge chairs for everyone. When has anyone not be able to get a lounge chair to sit on. Or a seat in the theater? As for the ice shows, you have always had to have a ticket to attend. You get a ticket now and there will be a seat. I promise. Really, there will............ ;)

If that happened to me, and I didn't know about the change prior to getting onboard, I would probably be upset up until the point I found out that the policy change had been announced prior to when I booked. Then I would realize it was my own dumb fault, chalk it up as one of life's little lessons, and go about enjoying the cruise.

On large commercial airplanes there are bathrooms in both sections (first/coach) and they announce that those in first class are exclusively for passengers in first class. I have never heard them announce that the bathrooms in coach are exclusively for the use of coach passengers. Just saying.:D;)

I have been lucky enough to fly on several private jets over the years. On those there is only a tube and no bathroom at all. It is amazing how much less I am tempted to drink before and during the flight.:D:eek:

jc

I am questioning your idea of luck here..... :D

What is being removed? :confused: There are lounge chairs for everyone. When has anyone not be able to get a lounge chair to sit in. Or a seat in the theator? As for the ice shows, you have always had to have a ticket to attend. You get a ticket now and there will be a seat. I promise. Really, there will............ ;)

The area that the lounge chairs are in is removed from non suite guests, as I understand it. Or can non suite guests still bring chairs into that area? Perhaps I misunderstood as I read a few people that said they exclusively sat in those areas for all of their cruises because they really liked that area and now could not. Perhaps they changed something? I haven't cruised with that roped off area yet so I"m unsure.

I have also read here of people standing at the theatre when reserved seats were empty - I think there is one a few pages back. I don't go to shows, as I said, so I was going by other CCers experiences. I also haven't been and won't go to the ice show (ice is for hockey!:D) so I don't know but I understood from one of the FOS threads that they don't 'do' tickets for it anymore... Again, that could be wrong or changed.

I think you said it exactly right. Points on both sides are valid and a lot of it is personal opinion. And I, also, want RCI to make money and be successful. I love the product and the ships. And if the issue of "jealousy" had not been brought into it I probably would have not felt any need to even post to this thread. I don't want a suite. I don't need, or particulary want, the perks that go with it. I book ocean view cabins because that is what I want. I could book higher and spend more money. I could book inside and save some money. I pay for what I need, like, and enjoy. So I have no need to be jealous of anyone. But we all have a right to have an opinion about the issue at hand whether we are affected by it personally or not. And folks here don't have to go looking for some deep dark motivating factor like envy for driving those opinions.

On large commercial airplanes there are bathrooms in both sections (first/coach) and they announce that those in first class are exclusively for passengers in first class. I have never heard them announce that the bathrooms in coach are exclusively for the use of coach passengers. Just saying.:D Uh oh....guess I just gave the airline execs an idea!:eek:

I have been lucky enough to fly on several private jets over the years. On those there is only a tube and no bathroom at all. It is amazing how much less I am tempted to drink before and during the flight.:D

Whoa - I'm not so sure that 'lucky' is how I would describe that, lol!:p

jc

Your quote just reminded me of all the flying I've had to do. I've had to fly a gagillion times for work (I always did business or economy because I'm the one who booked everything and reported the costs ) in the past and I just hated it! Traveling for work takes me away from my family, friends and pets and the things and people I love - I had to stop because I just felt like life was passing me by. On the other hand, my friend just got a new job BECAUSE she has to travel a ton for it! Of course she doesn't have a bf or family nearby or anything but she loves flying all over. She gets to do first class, go in gulfstreams with celebrities (something I've also had enough of!:p) and she loves it. I would be miserable! To each his/her own I guess.:D

Archived