Anyone At CCL Listening?

PROCRUISE

Often wondered if Mr. Cahill, or anyone at the top at CCL, monitors Cruise Critics.Com.?

I would certainly think that if they do, there has to be some concern with The Dream and the increasing notice of over worked room stewards and dinning room waiters on all the CCL ships.

Just wondering.

I wouldn't doubt that they do, the thing is, things will not change until bookings start to drop, until ships start leaving port with cabins emtpy there is no justification for them to change.

With that said, we went on the Westerdam (HAL) in October, we noticed the crew reduction on that cruise, to the point where we will not be back on HAL in the near future.

We have two cruises booked with CCL right now, if we come across the same situation on them then we will take a break from CCL as well.

While we do enjoy cruising a big part of that is the service level, if we are not getting the service we are used to we will find another company that will provide us with what we want.

Yes, they do read this forum. Because of this forum and John Heald's blog is the reason they brought back the Cruise pins that they are now giving to Platunum guests and the rest of us have to purchase in the gift shop. I personaly feel that all past guests should get them not just the platinum guests.

Yes, they do and they take opinions here seriously... not a knee jerk reaction but as advisement and an excellent source of very cheap market research.

Regarding the Carnival Dream... yeah... they know there are some apparent issues but nothing really different or more dramatic than any new vessel.

I sailed on the Dream and didn't witness the problems that many say plague the ship but then beauty, and ugly, is in the eye of the beholder...

:)

Mach is right, Carnival executives do read this forum. On your first day on board, pay close attention to who is eating on Lido deck with you and you might find you are seated next to Mr Cahill;

2793807140065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I carried a case of Bud Light Lime on board with me just prior to this photo being taken. :D

There have been a lot of complaints about service slipping because [allegedly] they have decreased the numbers of waiters and stewards and the ones remaining are overworked and therefore can't do as good a job. How many people here are willing to pay more so that they can increase the crew to the old numbers?

For me, I haven't considered this a big enough problem that I want to pay more. I can cruise with slightly lesser service. And I can still have a great time doing so. With higher prices, I may not be able to cruise at all.

As mentioned by Mach...YES...Carnival has people assigned to watch boards such as this one. Several other big ones are also watched. They take the pulse in these types of boards as to what seasoned cruisers think seriously.

As for the "Dream". Went on the 9 night inaugural out of Port Canaveral and had no problems with cabin stewards (Iko was great and never expressed being overworked) or did the dining room staff. Our service staff was great in the dining room. I guess either I am easy going and figure I am on vacation and I don't need snap-snap service, or it has all been worked out. At least to my satisfaction......:cool:;):cool:

They would be stupid not to have at least a few people monitoring this and a few other popular forums to tell the truth.

That's why everyone should know that if we stay together and make our voices heard on a subject then they will usually take some notice at some level of management...

All the best.

Yes, they do read this forum. Because of this forum and John Heald's blog is the reason they brought back the Cruise pins that they are now giving to Platunum guests and the rest of us have to purchase in the gift shop. I personaly feel that all past guests should get them not just the platinum guests.

I hear what you are saying but, should there be some distiction between person who sails frequently and a person who sails Alot? However there are compromises that can be established.

I for one as yourself and probably anyone else here would like to see a substantial distiction between a gold member and a Platinum member benefits. Gold members could get 10% off of gift shops & (pins) and Platinum members gets free pins and 10% or OBCs for gift shops, spas or bring over some of the ideas or perks that others would normally pay for by getting an upscale room on a different liner as a Platinum benefit.

I would like to see the Platinum benfites be a bit more subtantial and very definable between the two as well as rewarding the Gold members for keep sailing their brand the Gold member beneies are a bit weak leaving me to ask thats it? If the Gold is going to be weak then Platinum needs to be a reward for continuing to cruise thier liner frquently.

If Carnival uses the frequent sailer method to give out perks and rewards, that seems to work in my mind, I think it is a unique approach and defines thier brand well. Plus it gives me something to look forward to as a reward for brand loyalty and one more reason to stick with a brand that has met my expectaions and enjoy. This is just an open thought I wanted to share. :o

And I just received mine on my first platinum cruise on the Dream 9 nighter. Yes they do listen....:D;):D

and emailed as well. Even Captains of ships read here..my fave says.." I want to know what people are saying about my boat". I have some pending issues from my last months Fantasy. The follow up letter was verrry sophomoric in its verbal delivery. I was appaled when I read it. Silly, targeted to a much much younger person, say 17 or so, (I am 65) and as If I'd cruised for the 1st time..(26 now just on CCL, in 3 years) and many from years past. Even tho the Resolutions Dept "lady" lent a sypathethic ear for over 30 min, it seems as tho she were just filing her nails along with her conversations and did her best to placate me. It was, I guess important enuff to be faxed, on returning Monday morning after cruze ended on Sat, as I hand wrote it on my Plat stationary, and handed it in to the purser, with his name as well as Mr. Cahills name on it. I made no demands or threats..just the facts ma'm.

They would be stupid not to have at least a few people monitoring this and a few other popular forums to tell the truth.

That's why everyone should know that if we stay together and make our voices heard on a subject then they will usually take some notice at some level of management...

All the best.

Then where's the fruit punch?

We got Conquest pins and we are not close to platinum....:confused:

This is what I said on another thread, which probably should have just been said on this one instead of the other:

Actually as Host Mach has told us that "people" at CCL do read these.

I just seriously doubt Cahill is one of them. Others read, condense and report things.

That is a reason, I think when a person has something bad to say,

to give specifics. The whole ship is not crap...maybe some bad experiences,

or things that could change that would help

things run more smoothly. Everyone knows you can't please all the people all the time,

but seriously..is all the food on one ship really bad? no.

Maybe not to one persons specific likings, but it isn't all bad.

Is the whole crew, rude, irritible and short tempered? No, but maybe they don't have

enough employees in a specific area to handle the load of people at certain times...

meaning maybe they need to shuffle some schedules around.

When a person comes along, especially a new member and blast everything about a ship,

they will end up getting grief from a lot of others. This isn't right, but most people on here can tell

(and get frustrated) when a person has had a bad experience and let it ruin their entire cruise

by they way they talk down the whole ship and cruise line.

I don't think most people here mind hearing of a problem, if it is brought out to enlighten others.

However when a person comes along and drops the hammer and lets it all go and tells how they will never

sail on CCL or RCCL or with Gilligan again...that is when it gets things started.

Hopefully someone is paying attention to these boards from Mr. Cahill's office or at least someone very senior from Marketing. If these issues linger and don't improve, sales will continue to go down. WE are booked in a suite in Feb (Eaastern.) We would at least hope the smell problem is gone. Simple fix, new seals on toilets, and put in studder vales to prevent backflow into the toilet after it is flushed. This is probrably what is missing now from a few of the toilets. This problem would be impossible to notice until after the system was in use. This will be are 10th cuise with carnival and I am sure we will like it, if not we will just take are dollars elsewhere. Happy crising to all.

I emailed a VP at Corporate on the Sunday morning after we returned from our Dec 3rd Dream cruise with some suggestions that I thought would improve the ship.

I got an email back Sunday afternoon.......

yes, they listen....

PS: I also have a personal letter from Mr. Arison (Micky...not Sr)..... they do indeed listen.....

Archived