Just off Serenade...I can try to

golfer1966

If you got to Barbaados- jsut get off and take a cab tgo the Boatyard- the Best Beach. For $ 12.00 you get a chair, umbrella a drink and a great beach with lots of activities including a volleyball net, rope swing and great people. Very clean, nice shop. We have done this cruise for about 6 years and it is everyone's favorite beach. If you like beaches the ship's tours are overpriced, jsut get off and ask the cab driver to take you there, most beaches are $5-7 for chair and umbrella. You can ask your driver to come back for you too at a specific time.

I beg to differ, this is the first I've heard about it, and I was there for 10 days staying next door at Cottages on the Beach. Never even saw two men together much less anything else.

It's a fine establishment, with a lovely beach, they install great cabana/chairs for Cruise folks, and the restaurant is wonderful. Well worth the small price taxi and 5$ to enjoy this wonderful beach. You get a really nice view of your Ship also.

I think its the most wonderful part of St Croix, and should be enjoyed, on this quiet not-much-else-to-see island.

I'm amazed at how putting a Gay tag on a wonderful experience puts some people in the I'm-not-going-there mind.

Maybe it will cause the resort to be less crowded! Good for us!! We still plan to go here. Great price and lovely beach...why not?? Glad to hear you were there and found it enjoyable. We're looking forward to it. I saw nothing about this beach being clothing-optional, nor did I see any evidence of this on the website. NP mentioned being uncomfortable with nudity on the beach. Did I miss something?? Is the area clothing-optional??

Maybe it will cause the resort to be less crowded! Good for us!! We still plan to go here. Great price and lovely beach...why not?? Glad to hear you were there and found it enjoyable. We're looking forward to it. I saw nothing about this beach being clothing-optional, nor did I see any evidence of this on the website. NP mentioned being uncomfortable with nudity on the beach. Did I miss something?? Is the area clothing-optional??

PC - was referring to Club Orient on St Marten as being clothing optional,

not Sand Castle.

I know you are going to have a nice day on St. Croix as you posted previously.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am an open minded individual. I am not homophobic. I am sure it is a lovely place.

With that in mind if someone unknowing were to look at these websites

and put the two together what conclusion would one draw?

http://www.sandcastleonthebeach.com/gallery.cfm

http://www.gayjourney.com/hotels/us_vi.htm

I am not imposing any "tag" on anything, but perhaps an adjustment in their advertising may be in order in they want to attract a total rainbow

clientele.

Until then I know DW is not comfortable in such situations and why

would I go to a place where she might be uncomfortable?

NP, I looked at Sand Castle's website and wedding promo video and I would say it does indeed strive to attract a "total rainbow clientele". It strikes me as very gay friendly as well as welcoming to straights, showing both types of couples in the wedding photographs. I see nothing wrong with their advertising.

Your wife might well find herself in a minority there (or at least not an overwhelming majority), as a heterosexual. The experience might be eye-opening for her, if she were able to put herself in the shoes of gays who are not only a minority almost everywhere, but who routinely face hostility that I doubt the straight-but-not-narrow guests of Sand Castle encounter.

I also don't see any evidence of an unusual amount of public displays of affection in Sand Castle's website, unless you count couples kissing at the culmination of their wedding ceremony. Perhaps it is the idea of PDAs between same sex couples that really bothers you?

Archived