Just off Serenade...I can try to

golfer1966

From what I have been reading (mostly on trip advisor), Sand Castle is owned by a gay couple and thus has a reputation of being gay friendly (obviously). So, they likely get a disproportionate number of gay couples. However, it is not exclusively a gay resort.

Google " Gay Resorts Caribbean " and see what comes up.

To each his/her own. It's everybody's ocean.

How exciting to see others going on the Jan. 9 cruise! This will be our first RCL cruise. My husband and I are ballroom dancers, so we're hoping for a good place to dance. I'll be back frequently to check out what everyone has to say...

How exciting to see others going on the Jan. 9 cruise! This will be our first RCL cruise. My husband and I are ballroom dancers, so we're hoping for a good place to dance. I'll be back frequently to check out what everyone has to say...

SherylL...did you join our roll call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=787671

this is the beginning of the thread, you can skim thru it. Several are doing a B2B.

Hi APK1389. Plz send your SR review my way also. I am D+. Haven't been on SR for a couple of years and have tentative bookings for 2010. luvz2cruz@comcast.net

Also on another post. Grand Cayman is tender you now know. WOW that really got folks worked up. If you look up Key West cruise ship schedule (link below) you'll see JW made an unscheduled stop there in lieu of previous days plans for GC. If you saw GC maritime weather there was small craft advisory for several days. Tenders there are run by the locals. I've cruised a real lot so missed GC several times.

There is such an awesome coral reef between the ships and the shore. If you snorkle at all and are in GC again some day you need to try Eden Rock just steps up the road from where the cruise ship tender station is. It is ranked #3 for diving by some in GC. You'll feel like swiming all the way back to your ship if the currents aren't too strong---if they only allowed it! God willing GC will NEVER allow them to dig up the coral reef to dock the ships.

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/docs/1261404545_567687.htm

Hey. Have a fabulous New Year's Cruise on a wonderful ship! You have good taste. I agree with you that RD class is best and just give me Europe any ol' time. Ta ta. luvz2cruz.

luvtocruise no problem I have not been to grandcayman since I was 8yrs old I was only going off a bases of the RCCL website. Its ok I will send you a email right now just send me one back so I have confirmation I am making a word document with questions and emails.

printingchick your email was rejected

THANKS!! I'll be sailing on Serenade for the first time in early March.

• Which itinerary did you do? We're doing the St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados route. If you did the same, please tell me what you did in each port and if you would recommend that tour/excursion/activitity.
  • Who was your CD? Who was your captain?
  • Did you attend the 70's party? I've only attended in Voyager or Freedom class ships, where it was held in the Promenade. I was curious how it was done on a ship without a Promenade deck.
  • Did you try MyTime Dining? I loved this option on my last cruise on Freedom. I'm hoping it works as efficiently on Serenade.

Thanks for your help!!!

We did the same route..... St Thomas -We did the ship tour to St John, by Power Cat...Great tour. Two snorkeling stops...Christmas Cove and Honeymoon Beach. St Croix - We did a beach day to Cane Bay. The water was kinda rough, but the beach was nice. Beach Chairs wer 10 bux. Snorkeling was pretty good. St Kitts - We did another beach day to Cockleshell Beach. I t was very nice. Water was calm and they had food, and drinks. Two beach chairs and an umbrella was 15 bux...not bad. The snorkeling wasnt too bad on the left side. Dominica - We did a whale watching tour through Island Style Fishing. The tour was 50 bux for three hrs and we saw lots of Dolhings and 6 sperm whales....very cool. Barbados - We did a ship wreck and turtle snorkel tour with Heatwave. It was 75 bux for 5 hours and it included two snorkel stops, and then a lunch, which is very good and all the booze you wanted. I highly recommend them.

We didnt do the 70's party sorry.

Captain was Capt Michelle..?? ( last name )

We had late seating

Did you have any problems with the Porter's harrassing you for tips when you dropped off your luggage? I had read where recent cruisers had experienced this...

Not so much when we arrived, but getting off the ship they did, but one good thing is they go right to the front of the Customs line, so it may be worth it if your in a hurry to get out of there.

What was the highlight of the show entertainment? Did the ship have a Latin dancing band?

Going out on January 9.

Thanks for your willingness to answer questions.

The head lining show was Vibrology. We did not attend, but we heard it was pretty cool.

There was a latin band playing music in the Centrum area a few nights.

Shevis= I have booked an ATV tour with Gecko, is this what you did? if so how was it? Looks easy from map to find

also, re: St Kitts. I was told on other board that you can get a tour right off the ship, did you not find this the case? should we book something in advance, just 2 of us

Can you tell me if they actually held the smart-casual night as listed in the cruise docs? I know many of the Caribbean itineraries don't actually have it, and wanted to pack lighter where possible!

No they did not, it was listed as "caribbean night"

Shevis= I have booked an ATV tour with Gecko, is this what you did? if so how was it? Looks easy from map to find

also, re: St Kitts. I was told on other board that you can get a tour right off the ship, did you not find this the case? should we book something in advance, just 2 of us

Yes it is the tour we went on, it was great, quite fun. It's a breeze to find, and very well labeled. As for St. Kitts there are PLENTY of people offering tours of the island. I would book in advance though and I was a little leery of some of the taxi drivers in the area right outside of the pier.

There are at least 2 couples using Thenford Grey on the January 23 cruise while in St. Kitts. You may want to investigate. Here's his website:

thenfordgrey.com

I beg to differ, this is the first I've heard about it, and I was there for 10 days staying next door at Cottages on the Beach. Never even saw two men together much less anything else.

It's a fine establishment, with a lovely beach, they install great cabana/chairs for Cruise folks, and the restaurant is wonderful. Well worth the small price taxi and 5$ to enjoy this wonderful beach. You get a really nice view of your Ship also.

I think its the most wonderful part of St Croix, and should be enjoyed, on this quiet not-much-else-to-see island.

I'm amazed at how putting a Gay tag on a wonderful experience puts some people in the I'm-not-going-there mind.

I beg to differ, this is the first I've heard about it, and I was there for 10 days staying next door at Cottages on the Beach. Never even saw two men together much less anything else.

It's a fine establishment, with a lovely beach, they install great cabana/chairs for Cruise folks, and the restaurant is wonderful. Well worth the small price taxi and 5$ to enjoy this wonderful beach. You get a really nice view of your Ship also.

I think its the most wonderful part of St Croix, and should be enjoyed, on this quiet not-much-else-to-see island.

I'm amazed at how putting a Gay tag on a wonderful experience puts some people in the I'm-not-going-there mind.

I am an open minded individual. I am not homophobic. I am sure it is a lovely place.

With that in mind if someone unknowing were to look at these websites

and put the two together what conclusion would one draw?

http://www.sandcastleonthebeach.com/gallery.cfm

http://www.gayjourney.com/hotels/us_vi.htm

I am not imposing any "tag" on anything, but perhaps an adjustment in their advertising may be in order in they want to attract a total rainbow

clientele.

Until then I know DW is not comfortable in such situations and why

would I go to a place where she might be uncomfortable?

Actually I am uncomfortable with places where nudity is the rule

rather than the exception:

http://www.cluborient.com

But mostly uncomfortable with places where exagerrated and open

PDA's (public displays of affection) are the rule.

I know myself and my DW and that is what we are comfortable with.

Archived