We forgot our prescription eyeglasses

Hi Everyone,

In the chaos that is disembarkation morning, my hubby's eyeglasses were left in our cabin.

What are the chances we'll ever see them again? Can we contact the Radiance guest relations manager?

Has anyone ever had their glasses returned to them if forgotten?

Thanks all

:)

p.s. - hubby had an extra pair of glasses, thankfully, so he's still able to see, but has a strong emotional attachment to those specs !

Hi,

If you haven't already reported them as missing do so but I think the chances of retrieving them are slight. Sorry :(

From the website : Q: What do I do if I lost/forgot something onboard?s.gifA: For information on lost luggage or items, please call (800) 256-6649 and choose option 2.

We put our DD's bag out the night before for debarkation. We decided this was easier so that she wouldn't have to carry it during breakfast. When we got the bag back her prescription glasses and a hat she bought in Grand Cayman were gone. Nope, nobody saw them or turned them in.

We had just gotten her glasses 2 weeks before.

The odds of getting them back are really high. We had blackberry stolen during the cruise. We never got it back but the clown who stole it lost his job...Idiot used it to send several e-mails. RCI identified the e-mail address he sent the e-mails to, added one and one and got two. Terminated, but the blackbery was never seen again.

Hi Everyone,

In the chaos that is disembarkation morning, my hubby's eyeglasses were left in our cabin.

What are the chances we'll ever see them again? Can we contact the Radiance guest relations manager?

Thanks all

p.s. - hubby had an extra pair of glasses, thankfully, so he's still able to see, but has a strong emotional attachment to those specs !

I hope you get them back. ;)

OT,

I have not seen you on here in a while.

From one of his very proud "adopted CC Aunts" I have to tell you James is soooooo adorable and so big now. ;)

I Love the Fireman outfit. :D

Last December, I had planned to fly from BHM to PDX for a family Christmas, leaving on Dec. 20. I stayed in a BHM airport motel the night before my early morning flight, and while unloading my luggage out of my car trunk, my glasses fell off, and while trying to pick them up, my foot hit them and they went skidding across the parking lot....lens down. Well, fortunately, I had my RX (very) dark sunglasses with me. Spent three days being stranded in Chicago and Boise (wearing sunglasses)....sub-freezing temps and lots of snow. Spent the whole trip and flights back wearing sunglasses. (Probably looked like Mafiosa in jeans and sweatshirts) Have you ever tried to swipe your card through one of those screen things that ask you for PIN number, cash back, etc. wearing sunglasses? You can't read a thing! Dumb me left my spare pair at home....didn't think I'd need them! I also left a pair of $$$$$$$$ prescription glasses on the toilet tank in restaurant in STT before a cruise. However, I had my $$ spare pair. Merry Christmas, everyone!

I apologize. I promise to NEVER do it again! I am sooo sorry!

I had something go missing, it was never found. RCI did track it to an employee and so advised.

I apoligize if I did not meet your posting expectations!

I feel so bad! I will now go into time out for 3 minutes.

Thank you for taking on the responsibility as the posting police.

I'll give you a glimmer of hope, however long it may take! I misplaced my prescription glasses on my HAL Alaska cruise, unsure if they were somewhere on the ship or lost during a shore excursion I had taken. (I switch between sunglasses and regular). No luck finding them on board and the ship reported no luck after checking with the excursion operator. FIVE MONTHS later I received a call from Holland America saying they had my glasses (I place a business card in my case), and they mailed them back to me. I don't know where they were for all those months, but it was nice to have them returned. :) And I haven't lost a pair since!

After my daughter's new glasses were stolen from on top of her desk during recess, an optometrist told me that he frequently gets requests from parents to replace lenses in 'their kid's' frames, and the lenses that were in the frames were definitely not the patient's.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks all

Q: I accidentally left or lost an item onboard the ship. What can I do?

A: We are sorry to hear that you are missing a personal item. Rest-assured, we make every effort to recover all lost items from onboard our ships and conduct thorough investigations into these matters. If you have not already done so, please contact our Lost & Found Department via email at luggageemail@rccl.com at your earliest convenience, so that we may assist you in beginning the process of locating your item. This team will conduct an extensive search for your missing item and provide a response within 5 business days.

After my daughter's new glasses were stolen from on top of her desk during recess, an optometrist told me that he frequently gets requests from parents to replace lenses in 'their kid's' frames, and the lenses that were in the frames were definitely not the patient's.

I can believe it! It's a real shame.

I hope you get them back. ;)

OT,

I have not seen you on here in a while.

From one of his very proud "adopted CC Aunts" I have to tell you James is soooooo adorable and so big now. ;)

I Love the Fireman outfit. :D

Awww thank you.

You should see the pics we just took of him on the Radiance. OMG talk about CUTE!!!

We put him in a santa suit, and he took Christmas pics. One of them came out so cute, we signed the release form so that they can display James' picture in the photo gallery. Oh its just darling!

I'm on FB most of the time now. If you use it too, send me a friend request :)

Archived