the way we view the threads

one9marine

The last comment is the latest.

well aren't you a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

to the OP, just to the left of each title is a blue square with a down arrow in it. That will take you to the first unread post since the last tiem you logged in. hope that helps you. It doesn't put them in reverse order, but it does allow you to pick up where you left off a thread.

just to the left of each title is a blue square with a down arrow in it. That will take you to the first unread post since the last tiem you logged in. hope that helps you. It doesn't put them in reverse order, but it does allow you to pick up where you left off a thread.

Thanks for the tip, worldsbest - I never knew this and kept scrolling down through the posts, checking the dates! You just saved me a lot of time :).

well aren't you a ray of sunshine? :rolleyes:

to the OP, just to the left of each title is a blue square with a down arrow in it. That will take you to the first unread post since the last tiem you logged in. hope that helps you. It doesn't put them in reverse order, but it does allow you to pick up where you left off a thread.

Oops, I see another candidate for someone's ignore list..... :D :D :D

You can go to usercp and change your preferences so that the latest post shows up first, and as you scroll down, they get older. In other words, in reverse order. Go to usercp, Edit Options, then scroll down and choose the option that says Linear - Newest First. I have mine set up in that order.

I guess I never realized that you could do anything to the order of the posts. Mine have always showed up newest first. I figured that was just the way it is.

Same here. Wasn't trying to be rude to the OP. I honestly thought they didn't know that the last post was the latest.

well since the OP was asking how to view the latest responses first and then the blunt "the latest are last" came out.... it is pretty obvious to most that use the internet and on many forums that the newest message is at the end of a post.

The OP knew that the latest comments were last, that isn't what they were asking though was it?

It wasn't really a helpful answer and it had a smarmy tone to it by trying to be Captain Obvious. read it as you will, but if the poster had intended to be helpful a different type of answer might have been the better route

well since the OP was asking how to view the latest responses first and then the blunt "the latest are last" came out.... it is pretty obvious to most that use the internet and on many forums that the newest message is at the end of a post.

The OP knew that the latest comments were last, that isn't what they were asking though was it?

It wasn't really a helpful answer and it had a smarmy tone to it by trying to be Captain Obvious. read it as you will, but if the poster had intended to be helpful a different type of answer might have been the better route

Wow you sure got a lot from a very simple post. Nice over reaction. Read the post..... "see the latest responses first?" Looks like it was answered.

Oh... and what might be obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to everyone.

You can go to usercp and change your preferences so that the latest post shows up first, and as you scroll down, they get older. In other words, in reverse order. Go to usercp, Edit Options, then scroll down and choose the option that says Linear - Newest First. I have mine set up in that order.

thanks. that exactly what i wanted.

Archived