Golfing suggestions...Southern Caribbean cruise.

Canuck38

Have booked a Feb.21 southern caribbean cruise on AoS. Will be arriving into SanJuan 1-2 days early (weather permitting). Somehow was able to get my wife to agree with me getting a game of golf in this vacation (possibly by including my Father-in-Law!). So, question...any suggestions on where to play? We'll be going to San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, Dominica and St. Thomas. Only caveat...we really enjoy spending time at the beach, so can't miss out on family beach time. Help...

I would recommend playing in Curacao. Two friends of mine played there (not sure which course) last spring and they loved it! They both said it was a great course with gorgeous views. Curacao is not really a beach place. You will find much better beaches at the other stops on your itinerary.

I could also use more info on golf. We just completed our second cruise and of course I am already trying to talk hubby into cruise #3. Maybe if I could throw some golf into the ports he would be more interested. The cruise I am looking at would include Curacao, Aruba, St Thomas and Dominica.

Can anyone give me any ideas of prices??

Mahogany Run is St. Thomas is very nice. Bit pricey, but worth the extra $$. We've played there 3x over the last 2 years and the course has always been in great shape. Devil's Triangle (3 holes on the back side) on the back nine is as good as it gets. Managed to birdy the first, par the second , and double boggy :-( the third of the triangle last time we played.

Steve

I've played Tierra del Sol on Aruba. Nice course but very windy the day I played it so it played even more diffucult. It's buit out of the desert so an errant shot could be out in the scrabble.

Mahogony Run, as others have said, is a great course. It's not too long but it's tight with lots of elevetion changes and uneven lies. You definitely want to be accurate on that course. I've played it three times and finally figured out that I should use a 4 iron off the 1st tee to just keep it in the fairway at the corner of the dogleg. Bring a camera for the 13th and 14th holes, the first two of the Devil's Triangle.

Archived