RSVP to Hawaii Oct 30, 2010

RMS Olympic

If it wasn't for the air fare to Hawaii I'd cancel our Aquafest and book this one. We'd have to do an inside cabin but Hawaii!

It's a port intensive cruise so I'd be OK with an inside though a little natural light in an Ocean View would be better - even if obstructed.

It's a port intensive cruise so I'd be OK with an inside though a little natural light in an Ocean View would be better - even if obstructed.

I agree, that's what all that deck space is for. But I'd still have to come up with the cash for the plane tickets. I'm holding out for the Gay Vacation Stimulus Package. Anyone want to buy a kidney?;)

Of course seeing Max covered in grayish lavendar poi is worth the flight.

Now to get that Miss Royal from Tamarac to book........food for the volcano.

In three weeks , boarding the Eurobarge I start my mantoy hunt. Someone to join me on the POA. That way it can be like the movie...Roman Holiday....me being Audrey Hepburn. Only with a wider frame and substantially less hair.:rolleyes: I wish it could be like An affair to remember...but she was a soiled woman, which I am not.

If unsuccessful in my search...I will settle for now voyager.....Camile Bouchon...yeah, thats me

Olympia:

That's HRH Tamara to you.

And while you're planning your dramatic scenes, Think of the "real" Camille, Gretta Garbo, Cough, cough ;)

And the more We hear that practically half the Royal court is going to be on board + the aspect of visiting the former Queendom again, MOIself is getting closer and closer to ordering that custom Royal Purple Velvet Grass Skirt ! (it has always been tempting, but now may finally be useful) :cool:

But we are still waiting the report from the Royal Exchequer, you know, the guy who counts the checks from my Exes. :D (walking to Hawaii would NOT be fun)

Dearest Sister Helen will be most busy handling the religious aspect of the various Royal Court events including the Sacrifice Of Olympia to the Fire Belching Volcano God. What a spectacle this will be, the screaming, the flailing, the sizzle, the SMOKE ! :eek:

And instead of Bingo we'll invent a new pass-time called "Poi-go" wherein the entire court will cast Poi upon Harlots and other Sinners. (think of stoning, but squishy and edible)

The protestations of "innocence" (HAH !) and pleas for Royal Clemency from RMS will fall on deaf ears as We all know the truth. :p

This could be quite a Royal Diversion ! !

The Most Poised Polynesian and Pacific Potentate HRH Tamara, Regina Maris & COTU

Obstructed view....check out cabin 7558

The cabins on this deck have openings the same size as the balcony cabins instead of windows. 7558 has almost no obstruction as the life boat outside is small providing a big gap in between life boats.

I chose the same cabin on the other side of the ship 7058.

I always look for obstructed view cabins with the least blockage.

Obstructed view....check out cabin 7558

The cabins on this deck have openings the same size as the balcony cabins instead of windows. 7558 has almost no obstruction as the life boat outside is small providing a big gap in between life boats.

I chose the same cabin on the other side of the ship 7058.

I always look for obstructed view cabins with the least blockage.

Shhhh... don't tell everyone! Those are what I am looking at.

Well RSVP has chartered the Pride of America for a Hawaiian cruise; e-mails to come out shortly, reservations maybe opened in a few weeks. I confirmed this with the head of RSVP on the phone a few minutes ago.

Charlie said that NCL wants the gay business and was great to work with...that they want this new cruise to really be something special.

I am going to book as soon as possible so that I can mess around with air arrangements and get a good deal.

I am not an NCL lover, but considering all the sights in Hawaii.....thats enough.

Charlie was very up swing on the future of RSVP and really sounded excited about the Hawaiian cruise and the two cruises in 2011 both onthe NieuwAmsterdam (one caribbean and another out of Barcelona).

Now to figure out what to do for a precruise stay.....anyone have any hotel suggestions since I have never been to Hawaii.

Hope this turns out to be a great cruise.....volcanos, pinapple farms, hula skirts, lava flows, luaus, local customs........over the top scenery.

Happy holidays everyone!

Man I want to switch over to this cruise so bad, but can't

too close to leaving on Feb 13th, guess I should have listened to you earlier...

As you recall, I'm doing same ship and same exact cruise, on the above date,...............but straight. At least I don't have to worry about outfits for the breeders.

I already have 7058.....na na na na na.

Now to find a possible roommy. One with a nice personality to off set mine.

Glad you are going to make Hawaya. Maybe with you onboard...Max will behave himself.

We have not committed yet.

Just recieved a copy of the 2009 vacation planner....from the board of tourism....O'ahu.

High gloss advertising but full of nice info. In particular a two page map of Honolulu with street names...and all the major hotels are listed so I can see what is where. Some of the hotel chains have advertisements...so I will go on their individual sites. Earlier posts mentioned Aqua...but it seems there is a series of them, so looking at location vs price will now commence.

The planning...( what I did at work) is now kicking in.....lots of fun.

Mission...convenience and the most bang for the buck.

Bang for your buck...something you married guys know all about.:D:D:D

After going through Travelocity Orbits etc....I settled on location rather than number of stars.

Chose the Park Shore...an Aqua hotel right next to the hotel containing Hulas.

On the beach and close to this famous watering hole...all needs were met. Pricing was great on the 60 day advance purchase..... prices started at $79 per night....total with tax was @ $180. I signed up for the room upgrade wich was about $15 per night if rooms are available upon check in.

If I dont run around the island prior to the cruise...this place on the beach will be perfect.

I believe Jim and Bill have booked this hotel also. Arrival drink ya think?

Max and Bob...check it out...it beats the high priced hotels down the beach...more money for the cruise......

Cabin...check

Flight...check

Pre-cruise hotel....check

Savings........destroyed......check

Happy......check, double check, triple check.

After going through Travelocity Orbits etc....I settled on location rather than number of stars.

On the beach and close to this famous watering hole...all needs were met. Pricing was great on the 60 day advance purchase..... prices started at $79 per night....total with tax was @ $180. I signed up for the room upgrade wich was about $15 per night if rooms are available upon check in.

If I dont run around the island prior to the cruise...this place on the beach will be perfect.

Max and Bob...check it out...it beats the high priced hotels down the beach...more money for the cruise......

Cabin...check

Flight...check

Savings........destroyed......check

Yes, I have been checking out the Park Shore Waikiki and believe we will be staying there also. I just have to decide which is better...to do the whole Aqua package deal or book the room and flights separately.

Cabin...check

Flight...check

Savings........destroyed......check.

We are indeed there! We read all the reviews and decided that it would be fine for our needs, it fits the bill. We ended up with oceanfront as part of our package so not sure how it breaks down with air. When Bill priced air alone out of Harrisburg, he couldn't find less than $1100ea RT

Yes, I have been checking out the Park Shore Waikiki and believe we will be staying there also. I just have to decide which is better...to do the whole Aqua package deal or book the room and flights separately.

You might actually do better separately out of Baltimore, it seems Tom did well on hotel. Don't think we had those upgrade options booking the way we did. But I believe Bill recieves a lovely senior citizen amenity gift.

Man I want to switch over to this cruise so bad, but can't

too close to leaving on Feb 13th, guess I should have listened to you earlier...

As you recall, I'm doing same ship and same exact cruise, on the above date,...............but straight. At least I don't have to worry about outfits for the breeders.

Well, hopefully there will be a next time and we will all sail away into the sunset together . . . .

Seriously, why can't you cancel your "other" cruise and re-book on the "FUN" sailing ??

Any Cruise Insurance ??

The RSVP Hawaii sailing isn't until October 30th.

Just a thought ;)

r.

When doing a price comparison....price the room category of your choice per the 60 day advance purchase price. It is less than the standard rate...even the over 50 rate. The over 50 package I almost selected, but then say the 60 day advance price...

I looked over the Hula's web site...looks like a fun place...the video was fun.

I would never have thought about a hotel air package because I was determined to get an airline upgrade using frequent airmiles...which I did. This old bod wanted first class seats for a change. I requested to have a hot flight attendant...but they wanted an additiopnal tom of miles which I didnt have. Lifes tough.

Am amazed how this ship has overshadowed the Eurobarge. Maybe we can discuss tours in Hawaii while on board.....those listed by NCL and other tour operators.

Off to the gym.

Ciao:)

Just doing research...

If one flies in two days before the cruise and stays in Waikiki, is it worthwhile getting a rental car? Would one spend most time in town and use public transportation or should one use the opportunity to drive around?

When doing a price comparison....price the room category of your choice per the 60 day advance purchase price. It is less than the standard rate...even the over 50 rate. The over 50 package I almost selected, but then say the 60 day advance price...

I looked over the Hula's web site...looks like a fun place...the video was fun.

I would never have thought about a hotel air package because I was determined to get an airline upgrade using frequent airmiles...which I did. This old bod wanted first class seats for a change. I requested to have a hot flight attendant...but they wanted an additiopnal tom of miles which I didnt have. Lifes tough.

Am amazed how this ship has overshadowed the Eurobarge. Maybe we can discuss tours in Hawaii while on board.....those listed by NCL and other tour operators.

Off to the gym.

Ciao:)

Bill investigated the aircraft before we booked. We're on a United 777 wide body out of Chicago with two seats on the side. As it happened, we scored seats in Economy Plus, so space won't be an issue.

Just doing research...

If one flies in two days before the cruise and stays in Waikiki, is it worthwhile getting a rental car? Would one spend most time in town and use public transportation or should one use the opportunity to drive around?

Bill said on his last trip that a car in Waikiki was a PITA due to parking limitations/cost, but you have to have it if you want to do anything out of town.

That said, there is LOTS to do in Honolulu that is accesible by cab or public transport. You can fill two days easily.

Just doing research...

Preston and I have rented a car for three days in Honolulu. The prices are good now and we can always cancel later with no charge. We would like to drive around the island since it's been a while and we like the windward side. Also love to take the Like Like Highway over the mountains and maybe go to the nude beach on the other side of Diamondhead. The bus system is actually very good if you want to stay in the city. Peal Harbor and Iolani Palace are easy to get to, as is the summer palace and other sites. Actually, the bus goes completely around the island, if I remember it correctly, but takes a long time.

Phil

Bill said on his last trip that a car in Waikiki was a PITA due to parking limitations/cost, but you have to have it if you want to do anything out of town.

That said, there is LOTS to do in Honolulu that is accesible by cab or public transport. You can fill two days easily.

Park Shore has a room, car and parking package that doesn't seem too bad. Then again, if we book we will arrive Thursday evening which only leaves a day and a half to sighte see.

Maybe someone should rent a mini van!

Tom, the 60-day advance deal at Park Shore seems to charge the amount 60 days prior to your stay without a cancelation option.

Maybe someone should rent a mini van!

Tom, the 60-day advance deal at Park Shore seems to charge the amount 60 days prior to your stay without a cancelation option.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe a bus. The more the merrier!:)

This actually doesn't sound like a bad idea-I'd like it even better if we had a driver and could agree on a destination. I personally would not feel comfortable driving a van full of people in unfamiliar territory. I

Peter expressed interest in the north side and our friends David and Rick would like to see some of the pro surfing over there.

Archived