RSVP to Hawaii Oct 30, 2010

RMS Olympic

Well RSVP has chartered the Pride of America for a Hawaiian cruise; e-mails to come out shortly, reservations maybe opened in a few weeks. I confirmed this with the head of RSVP on the phone a few minutes ago.

Did RSVP charter the entire ship? Does anyone know if existing reservations will be canceled? :confused:

This is a full ship charter and I would think people booked prior to the charter would be notified of the change.

You might want to contact your travel agent......cruise lines can be very slow in telling people of charter commitments.

This has happen to me in the past when large companies have chartered ships and the only reason I knew my cruise was being impacted was by reading it on one of these boards.

Small ships like SeaDream have this happen a lot since they cater to full ship charters.

Best wishes

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Having missed the Eurodam at the last minute......I am now even more anxious to get to Hawaii.

Currenttly looking at the shore excursion choices.

If anyone herad anything on Eurodam about the October cruise....please let me know.

Thanks...hope all had a great time.

Hey men! I see a number of familiar names from previous cruises! I'm booked as of this week - and now making travel plans. Hope to arrive around the 27th or 28th.

I'm remembering my very first cruise - ever - back in the 1980's with my first partner. We lived in Washington, DC and it was also our first trip to Hawaii.

We took a 4 or 5 day cruise on an old rustbucket - from American Hawaii Cruises. The only cruise line in the islands. I think it was the SS Constitution. And we were housed way way down below inside in a tiny little room. I loved it. It was a well known cruise ship...built in the 50's I think.

The weather started getting rough...the big ole barge was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew...well...you get the picture.

Here are some photos from a 1985 version of the Hawaii cruise brochure:

http://www.timetableimages.com/maritime/images/ahc85i.htm

And another from the 30's when the ship was deployed in Europe:

http://www.timetableimages.com/maritime/images/ael5011a.htm

We didn't make port in Maui. But did get to Hilo. From there we flew to Kauai.

Mark

Hey fellas,

Me and my favorite beau will also be along on this exciting cruise. We will be arriving on October 28, 2010, getting hitched on the 29th on a secluded beach, and hitting the cruise on the 30th. We are also participating in the commitment ceremony on the cruise and ALL of you are invited and expected to attend hankies in hand (hee! hee!). This is a very exciting time in our lives...it don't get much better than this,,,lets rock the world buds and keep living the dream...abracos Bobby & Carlos

How fantastic !

I was fortunate enough to attend a weeding ceremony on an RSVP cruise...out on the veranda in the stern of the ship. I cried like a baby.

I think what you two are planning is absolutely wonderful and what better way to celebrate your union than on this trip.

May your cruise be as wonderful as your wedding / hitching commencement.

Welcome aboard !

Glad to hear we will have yet another innocent virgin to sacrifice to the gods in the volcano.

Some of us are staying at the Park Shore hotel for precruise arrival. Hulsa bar next door will never be the same:D

I'm looking into hotels now. Just used some miles for the flights. I don't know Waikiki at all. Have never really stayed in HNL other than an overnight for a layover a couple times. How's the Park Shore? That end of the beach looks nice!

Mark

I bought the Lonely Planet guide for Hawaii before the Caribbean cruise - and forgot to pack it! Like I ever would have had time to read it onboard. :D I have started reading it but I fall asleep after a few pages as I am still trying to catch up on lost sleep. Slept 9 hours last night: woo hoo!

Hey guys,

I am so excited and I cannot wait until October. I have never been on a cruise nor have I gone any of the RSVP Vacation or Atlantis events. I am a little nervous.

I have booked an inside cabin in category K. I am flying into HNL on Wednesday, 10/27. At present, I have a hotel room booked at the Westin Moana Surfrider but I think I will be changing my hotel reservation to the Park Shore since seems like most of the guys are staying at hotels near Queen's Beach. I am flying back home on Saturday, November 6.

I am currently looking at the shore excursion choices offered by NCL.

I am a little concerned with RSVP's choice of sailing on NCL as I have seen several postings on here about NCL's staff being homophobic, rude and less than helpful. Has anyone heard about how the staff aboard NCL's Pride of America is?

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

RSVP - NCL Pride of America - Oct. 30, 2010

I'm looking into hotels now. Just used some miles for the flights. I don't know Waikiki at all. Have never really stayed in HNL other than an overnight for a layover a couple times. How's the Park Shore? That end of the beach looks nice!

Mark

Mark,

The Park Shore was an old Outrigger hotel which has been purchased by Aqua Hotels and Resorts. Aqua is currently renovated the hotel rooms but its a nice basic tourist class hotel.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

did RSVP hint when/if they may do another Hawaiian cruise? I'm kind of tapped out for 2010, but a year or two later I may be interested.

When I booked the Hawaiian Cruise, Nick's email included 2 cruises for 2011 that are in the works.

They are February 13-20, 2011 on Nieuw Amsterdam from Ft. Lauderdale and

July 9-16, 2011 on Nieuw Amsterdam from Barcelona.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

If it wasn't for the air fare to Hawaii I'd cancel our Aquafest and book this one. We'd have to do an inside cabin but Hawaii!

Tom,

I am flying out of ATL to HNL on United. I was able to get the ticket for 40K miles and $15 bucks to cover the taxes.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

Bill investigated the aircraft before we booked. We're on a United 777 wide body out of Chicago with two seats on the side. As it happened, we scored seats in Economy Plus, so space won't be an issue.

Bill said on his last trip that a car in Waikiki was a PITA due to parking limitations/cost, but you have to have it if you want to do anything out of town.

That said, there is LOTS to do in Honolulu that is accesible by cab or public transport. You can fill two days easily.

I was able to get an Economy Plus seat out of Denver. I arrive on Wednesday at 4pm.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

From what I have read...NCL is fully aware of the ships less than stellar reputation which doesn not match the rest of the fleet.

Lets face it, the American staff makes a big difference.

When speaking with RSVP before the bookings started, Charlie told me that NCL really wants the business......and is going to work hard at making it a successful trip. So I am going into it with a positive frame of mind.

The plus to this trip is that it is port intensive...and no sea days where you would have time to dwell on any short comings.

As long as dinner is good.......all that sight seeing, laughter and sharing the excitement will generate a big appetite.

So think positive.......we make the cruise special...not the crew. The ship....after a few cocktails....even it can look OK. For those with gorgeous spouses...just concentrate on him...all else will fade into the background. Me....a lemon drop to sip and eye candy to admire......whats to complain about.

Homo lulu here I come!:D

OKAY! Eurodam was a blast, but now it's time to get focused on Hawaii!!!

I was able to get an Economy Plus seat out of Denver. I arrive on Wednesday at 4pm.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

Nice to meet you, Lanny-We are arriving Tuesday afternoon.

I am up for a sight seeing trip before the guy with you guys.

-----------------------

Lanny

Scheduled Cruises:

894d41234e5bac681c39c102ceb4ea65.png

Which guy are you talking about? ;)

Ted Kirby posted some links on facebook for the "Go Card". Looks like it might be a good deal for many admission fees. Need to research further.

I fly in about 2:30 Thursday afternoon. For those getting in earlier in the week....paleeze dont bust up the town to much.

I figure after arrival, hotel check in, shower, change into shorts and flip flops...it will be a quick hop next door to Hula's. Hope some will be up for dinner that evening...someplace with fun atmosphere.

Friday...tour day to be determined.

As for the flight...very excited that I could use air miles for an upgrade to first class on US Airways. Traveling in comfort for a change....very excited...what agreat way to start the trip.

Packing........shorts and flip flops...yeah! A flowered shirt or two.......OK, I'm ready to go....but first to decide on shore excursion in each port of call. Printed out the NCL list...if I do all the tours that look worth while...I'm looking at over a grand......so I want to be sure the excursions are worth it. Guess asking over on the NCL board would be advisable. I am sooo ready.

Its funny, I have not sailed on NCL since 2000, and swore I would nevah evah sail them again. Now I have Epic booked for my birthday in Sept followed by the Pride on Oct 30th. Epic...price was so low could not pass it up.As for saying nevah evah........so much for that statement.:o

Funny...I think of grass skirts...not sarongs when it comes to Hawaii. If they are appropriate....I will pack them in the baggage.

Wish the themes if there will be any...would be announced early. That way I could plan all this summer. But perhaps packing less is the way to go....now if I were only a young hottie...all I would have to pack is a pair of flip flops, some sun block and a smile.

But out of respect for my fellow passengers......maybe a few moomoos.

I am sooooooooo ready.

Archived