Cabs in Port Everglades

newlife_2010

Coming off the Carnival Freedom in Port Everglades (8am) how easy will it be to hail a cab? I will be in the first group to disembark and need a cab fast to the airport to make my noon flight. Any tips for getting a cab fast?

Also, how much will a cab run me from Port Everglades to the Southwest Terminal? How much is a tip?

Coming off the Carnival Freedom in Port Everglades (8am) how easy will it be to hail a cab? I will be in the first group to disembark and need a cab fast to the airport to make my noon flight. Any tips for getting a cab fast?

Also, how much will a cab run me from Port Everglades to the Southwest Terminal? How much is a tip?

no need to stress about this- take your time- ask for the first off tags- put your luggage out the night before, eat breakfast in the dining room for aless stressful meal and be off the ship by 9am. Pay a porter to get you to the front of the cab line.

We have booked 11:30 flight out of FLL many times.

Did you do early bird for southwest??

Last time we cruised a cab was about 20 bucks.

Please post your experince when you get back- we are doing the same thing come March.

Bring home your capers too

There are many things in life worth worrying about. Getting a cab in Port Everglades is not one of them. In most instances of cruise arrivals, 100+ will be waiting.

Make sure your driver sets the meter. Our fare from the pier to the airport was $11.30, so we gave him $15.00. Couldn't have been simpler or faster.

Yes, I agree with the above. Love to cruise from Fort Lauderdale. You have PLENTY of time. Hurry too much and you will just be bored in the airport. That's usually a good thing! Have Fun!

There are a million and one cabs waiting when you emerge from the cruise terminal, so getting one is not a problem. Fares I've been told are between $10 and $15 to the airport. I tip at my discretion.

Last week we stepped off the Noordam and once outside a friendly HAL Rep asked if we needed a taxi. They were parked right in front of the ship and a Deputy Sheriff who was directing traffic waved one up front for us.

It took no time at all for us to get to the airport and the fare was $11.70. The driver was friendly & helpful with our bags so I tipped $1 per bag.

Archived