Hotel Directors on NCL Ships

sjnyc323

Have any of you ever had the absolute priveledge to meet Rosita Schandy?

The first time I met her was on the Dawnthis past January. Her job (at that time) was to be the fill-in HD on the ships when the regular HD was on their break/vacation. I don't know if she is still doing this or if she has a permanent assignment at this point.

She was amazing...and personally, I feel her job has to be the most difficult, going from ship to ship, working with crews that are each used to the direction of different HD with different styles. She manages to do it all with such grace and ease and style that I found it extraordinary.

NCL has a great group of HD's that is for sure.

I agree with Rosita being great! She was on the Sun this past October and she was always around.

We would see her around the ship all the time checking things out, even in the restaurants. Always friendly!

We had Calvin Lodge last October and he was great too. He helped us take care of an issue we had.

I love that you see all the officers walking around the ships and that they are all so approachable.

You're replying to a post made two years ago (when Hugo was on the Dawn). Someone decided to reopen a thread that had been inactive for two years.

See how good Hugo is...even after those 2 years he still gets kudos! :)

He & Denis are my favs. They've made my sailings with them extra special!

He was by far the best hotel director hands down. Sadly when he left NCL, it really dropped NCL down a bar in my book. Not only was he great towards passengers, he was one of the only hotel directors that the Pride of America had that told crew words of encouragement, good job, keep it up etc. A very missed man onboard.

James - I hear you on this about the crew. John treated all the crew like his family and was always there, no matter the time of day or night. He's gone behind the scenes to help out in ways I have never seen another HD do. I remember the night when the Blue Lagoon got overwhelmed and he bailed them out. I always heard good stories from the Jewel crew about him and I had a lot of crew friends on that ship (spending over 1 month on that ship total in the last three years). John was a great HD. I will truly miss him. Words of encouragement are needed by a crew who work day in and day out to make the customers happy. If the crew isn't happy then surely the customers will not be. John got that. :) Well typed!

My favorite is, and has been, Sean Wurmhoeringer but a nasty rumor was started and then squashed that he left NCL but then updated that he was on vacation. Does anyone know if in fact he is back from "vacation" and which ship he is on now or which ship he'll be on next?????

Phyllis - I agree about Sean. I was told that he was thinking about leaving NCL and heading back home and settling down with his girlfriend. Whether he ultimately decided to do that, I don't know.

Phyllis - I agree about Sean. I was told that he was thinking about leaving NCL and heading back home and settling down with his girlfriend. Whether he ultimately decided to do that, I don't know.

Hey Laura, how are you? I see that you're keeping your "cruise calendar" going strong, but unfortunately don't see us on any of the same sailings again! If that is true about Sean, as much as I will miss him, I must say I'm very happy for him, though I love cruising for a week or two each year, I cannot fathom living a life on the sea and away from loved ones for so long. But may I ask how you know this, and how reliable this info is since there are so many different versions about his absence and it is hard to separate fact from fiction, LOL? In other words, do you believe this?;)

Rosita Shandy was a terrific HD! When I told her I was sailing solo, she always made it a point to inquire about my cruise.

Also, we are looking forward to meeting Hugo in a few weeks on the Jewel.

TracyE

We were on the SUN in Oct - Rosita is awesome !

My favorite is, and has been, Sean Wurmhoeringer but a nasty rumor was started and then squashed that he left NCL but then updated that he was on vacation. Does anyone know if in fact he is back from "vacation" and which ship he is on now or which ship he'll be on next?????

Sean is indeed a wonderful HD and just all around great guy. We've sailed with him since 2003 when he worked as F & B (for many yrs) with the fabulous HD Klaus Lugmaier.

I don't know about "nasty rumor" about his leaving NCL but Sean was indeed on vacation after doing some special assignments for NCL. For personal reasons that has turned into an extended leave. Really hope he returns to NCL but that is certainly not clear at this point.

Wish Sean well whatever he decides to do next!:D

NCL is lucky to have so many really guest centric HD's. I think the standout difference is their willing interaction with guests, helpfulness in "fixing" anything that might arise, leading outstanding teams of friendly and efficient crew and being so visible around the ship. Having just gotten back from a cruise on a different line, that was what really stuck out as a key difference.

And for sure NCL offers the very best Meet & Greets with officer participation and interaction that continues the entire cruise. Great job, NCL!

Hey Laura, how are you? I see that you're keeping your "cruise calendar" going strong, but unfortunately don't see us on any of the same sailings again! If that is true about Sean, as much as I will miss him, I must say I'm very happy for him, though I love cruising for a week or two each year, I cannot fathom living a life on the sea and away from loved ones for so long. But may I ask how you know this, and how reliable this info is since there are so many different versions about his absence and it is hard to separate fact from fiction, LOL? In other words, do you believe this?;)

Phylllis - I'm doing well thanks. Linda & I really enjoy our sister's cruises with our DD's, so as long as we can, we'll keep doing them.

I don't want to name names here, but on our last Gem cruise, a crew member gave me that info when I inquired about Sean. I would say that, unless he's had a change of heart, the information was pretty accurate.

Sean is indeed a wonderful HD and just all around great guy. We've sailed with him since 2003 when he worked as F & B (for many yrs) with the fabulous HD Klaus Lugmaier.

I don't know about "nasty rumor" about his leaving NCL but Sean was indeed on vacation after doing some special assignments for NCL. For personal reasons that has turned into an extended leave. Really hope he returns to NCL but that is certainly not clear at this point.

Wish Sean well whatever he decides to do next!:D

NCL is lucky to have so many really guest centric HD's. I think the standout difference is their willing interaction with guests' date=' helpfulness in "fixing" anything that might arise, leading outstanding teams of friendly and efficient crew and being so visible around the ship. Having just gotten back from a cruise on a different line, that was what really stuck out as a key difference.

And for sure NCL offers the very best Meet & Greets with officer participation and interaction that continues the entire cruise. Great job, NCL![/quote']

Hi Barb, hope all is well.

Great post...I agree with everything you said. A ship is only as good as it's crew and NCL has the best. Without a great crew, the cruise lines can offer bells & whistles up to the kazoo & it won't matter. Just cruised on another line in October & boy was I missing NCL the whole time. Will be on the Gem 2/26/12. I don't think I know who is the HD, but, I'm confident the week will be fantastic.

• 5 months later...
Anyone know who the hotel director is on the Star?....after being with John O'Hara on the Jewel twice it will be hard for a HD to top his performance (or even come close)

Sean Wurmhoeringer is HD until June 24 then vacation returning end of August

Archived