Navigator review/Dec 14-19th/long/pics

dolfandude

dolfandude, Thanks for the great review.

This is off-topic, but I wanted to see if you could give me your comparison of Carnvial vs. Royal Caribbean. We've cruised with RCL before, but have not with CCL. We're trying to decide between the two for our honeymoon (well, a cruise is obviously one of the options, there are more, but I'm a little biased to cruising). I'd love to cruise with RCL, but we can get a suite aboard CCL for around the same price as a balcony stateroom on RCL. It seems like an easy choice, I'm just nervous about cruising with CCL for the first time on such a special trip. So I'm stuck between going with what I know and knowing we'll have a great time, or trying something new and hoping everything goes well (but end up with a nicer room, which is what's important when you're on your honeymoon, right!?!).

Sorry to hijack the thread... but appreciate your feedback!

How 'bout I just give you the link to my Carnival Glory review from this past summer. It was our first Carnival cruise. It certainly will not be our last!:D

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=56980

We loved it!

Can you give some details about this? We are booked in January and this is our first cruise. We also selected Guaranteed Interior Stateroom, so I am interested to see what you mean by this.

Thanks!

You should be able to check your reservation on the RCCL website. If you are sailing in January it is possible your stateroom is assigned. You can find the room number and then check the deck plan to see where it is located. That way you will know if there is anything you should be concerned about. If you don't like the room assigned to you and there are still rooms available in your category you can ask to be switched.

I reserved an inside guarantee for the Jan. 7th sailing and was assigned a handicap room on the 10th deck. I'm not handicap but they save these rooms until the end and then start handing the open ones out to guarantee rooms. I've never had an inside room before so I was a little nervous but now that I have a handicap room I'm excited since it will be very big compared to a regular inside. I of course would willingly give it up if RCCL needed it for someone who is handicapped.

Sorry but we never made it there during the evening! :mad:

It's tucked away on deck 5 at the opposite end of the Royal Promenade from our dining room and we simple forgot it was there!!

Steve

Enjoy the Review. Was on the Navigator Med Cruise in September. She is my favorite of the fleet. Cruising also in November on the Oasis. The 27th Sailing. Prices have gone up for our cabin category balcony by $600.00 since we booked. Got an outstanding price. Also been watching the construction of this vessel since the beginning. Let us know which sailing you are on and we can exchange information. Thanks.;);)

Enjoy the Review. Was on the Navigator Med Cruise in September. She is my favorite of the fleet. Cruising also in November on the Oasis. The 27th Sailing. Prices have gone up for our cabin category balcony by $600.00 since we booked. Got an outstanding price. Also been watching the construction of this vessel since the beginning. Let us know which sailing you are on and we can exchange information. Thanks.;);)

We're on the November 6th sailing so if there's anything you haven't learned by then...............just ask! I booked the Oasis in Sept 2008 the first day it was open to C&A members. Since then our Central Park balcony has increased from $1199 to $1959 pp!! WOW! My personal WOW sale!! :D

Steve

Adding to the echo in here, but great review! Sailing Navigator in April as my first cruise and I'm on the hunt for any detailed and well written anecdotes as well as photos. You've given me both. Seems like you've got a great family and great cruise style & attitude. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Allie

Adding to the echo in here, but great review! Sailing Navigator in April as my first cruise and I'm on the hunt for any detailed and well written anecdotes as well as photos. You've given me both. Seems like you've got a great family and great cruise style & attitude. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Allie

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me! :)

Enjoy the Navigator in April.

Steve

Loved your detailed review. I'm sailing on NOS on 1/9, crusing for the first time and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for writing this review!

I just have a couple questions for you. What exactly is a Rum Runner? And did your wife pack her Pepsi in her luggage; if so do they try to take that away or is that just for alcohol that they do that?

Thanks in advance!:)

Loved your detailed review. I'm sailing on NOS on 1/9, crusing for the first time and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for writing this review!

I just have a couple questions for you. What exactly is a Rum Runner? And did your wife pack her Pepsi in her luggage; if so do they try to take that away or is that just for alcohol that they do that?

A rum runner is an all plastic pouch that isn't detected by the scanners. There is a website that you can sells them in all sizes. Soda, water and juice can be carried on. I took a case of water and just put a luggage tag on it and it arrived with my luggage. They only restrict any type of alcohol.

Have a great cruise. We were on the same sailing as Steve and it was fabulous!

A rum runner is an all plastic pouch that isn't detected by the scanners. There is a website that you can sells them in all sizes. Soda, water and juice can be carried on. I took a case of water and just put a luggage tag on it and it arrived with my luggage. They only restrict any type of alcohol.

Have a great cruise. We were on the same sailing as Steve and it was fabulous!

Thanks Lucia!

We always put our soda and juices in a medium size suitcase and check it. That way we have an empty suitcase to put in whatever we buy during the cruise! Never had a problem with this method ever. The RumRunners go in the other suitcases. They've worked great for our last three cruises! ENJOY!

Steve

Archived