Cruise Critic Cruises

1sttimer2009

Just checked the carnival site and the ES rate is cheaper than the group rate. for the Liberty 1/15/2011, granted you pay a high deposit, but if the price goes down there OBC. We sailed Oct 24th for $570 pp for an 8D which is quite abit cheaper than the group cruise. We have looked at several upcoming group cruises and almost alway could book cheaper ourselves.

Ok, I just checked the rates again, and I have been checking them at least 5 times a week for about 6 months. They have not gone up or down.

The week around it has, but not the 15th.

The Group rate we are not allowed to put on these threads, the reason, because they are less than Carnival's web site.

If you do the math, the Liberty 2011 CC Group Cruise cabin for 2 with the OBC is a savings of $119.92 over the ES Rate, Cabin for 3 is $122.20 Cabin for 4 is $124.53...

Now I plan on being a good leader, and plan on having some fun things going on for this cruise.

But that is yet to be seen, so for now I am just saying, if you want the best rate for a 7 day Caribbean Cruise, with a reduced deposit of $25pp for Double occupancy this is it.

So what do you risk. $50 not the full deposit of the ES.

And I have heard that if for some reason you want to change from one cruise to another, you still may not loose the deposit. But I have nothing to back that up with.

So yes the cruise may get cheaper, but what I know is this CC Group cruise is already pretty darn good...

There is allot of work that goes into being the leader of a group, if you do a good job, and I plan on doing just that.

The Dream Cruise coming up in Feb. of which I am not the leader, but am loving helping the leader, as she is a friend we found through CC.

We have so much planned, and Invested in to this group, and I mean $$ and Time, my sister and I,

It really has more to do with making it the best Cruise these people have ever had, more than it has to do with Money.

And by the way it was mentioned above that it was almost a wash the CC Group rate. but again with the OBC it was a good savings, and our leadership/and helpers managed to get group discounts on excursions, hotels before and after, shuttles to and from Airports and much more.

Just some great things that a Group has to offer, if saving money is all that you want. But I rather would like to save some $$ and make some friends, and have a BLAST.

Oh I forgot, you need to take into consideration the prices are for the 4B, 6B, and 8B on this Liberty CC Group cruise, not the cheapest cabin in each Cat.

Not to mention the Gov. and ports fee are included in the CC Group price.

Ok, I just checked the rates again, and I have been checking them at least 5 times a week for about 6 months. They have not gone up or down.

Considering its over a year away I doubt you will see any real change.

The best thing anyone could do would be to WAIT until 5 months and a week out to book that way you can still get ES.

And like my issue, OBC is great if you get it. I am just thankful that I used to live in the same area as this garbage TA did so filing against them in court was not a cross state line thing and like I stated before CC was no help at all.

Steve

If you do the math, the Liberty 2011 CC Group Cruise cabin for 2 with the OBC is a savings of $119.92 over the ES Rate, Cabin for 3 is $122.20 Cabin for 4 is $124.53...

Now I plan on being a good leader, and plan on having some fun things going on for this cruise.

But that is yet to be seen, so for now I am just saying, if you want the best rate for a 7 day Caribbean Cruise, with a reduced deposit of $25pp for Double occupancy this is it.

So what do you risk. $50 not the full deposit of the ES.

And I have heard that if for some reason you want to change from one cruise to another, you still may not loose the deposit. But I have nothing to back that up with.

So yes the cruise may get cheaper, but what I know is this CC Group cruise is already pretty darn good...

I just did a "Quick";) price check on another site and the pricing is only $30 more than yours (inside)with the OBC figured in and its over a year away.SO I can book it cheaper already (not counting OBC which we know is advertised by this TA,but not guaranteed)

STeve

I just did a "Quick";) price check on another site and the pricing is only $30 more than yours (inside)with the OBC figured in and its over a year away.SO I can book it cheaper already (not counting OBC which we know is advertised by this TA,but not guaranteed)

STeve

OK maybe I am being Naive here Stave, but you are saying that the TA that we all use for the CC Group cruises, advertises that there will be an OBC of whatever, and then does not follow through with said OBC. and yet this is the first I have heard of it?

Do you mean to tell me that 100's more like 1000's of CC Group cruisers have been stiffed the OBC by the CC TA, and you are the only one complaining....

Just saying if the OBC of $100 was not produced to 1000's of Cruisers, I am thinking we would be seeing post after post about it.

Oh and by the way, you can still book with the CC Group and use the ES but you do not get the Amenities of the group, but you still can be a part of it, and get all the savings from group discounts on hotels and shuttles and excursions and the like.

I am not sure what all happened to you with your TA or your "Group" experience, but I am sure it must have been awful for you to still be so vehemently against them.

It really is to bad when one is so disappointed that it taints something so much.

I hope that however you do it, you make your cruises the best cruise ever, that is the goal right.

I don't want to argue, I was just stating what I know so far about Group cruises, and I hope that yours is not the case for everyone, cuz that sure would stink...

Have a great week end, I have to go to work now...

I was not aware that the Gov. and port fees were included. So yes the group price is a little cheaper. Do all CC group cruises include the gov and port fees in the price?

All the CC prices are total prices. Yes. I didnt know that either until the Crazies and thats when I realized they were such great deals ... unfortunately the deals on the last one that just came out were not as good of deals.

Im sure some are still deals since yes, they include perks and the price is the total including taxes and fees.

The RCL Oasis, included gratuities too. And was only in the $800s total once you substracted out fuel charges, which were in effect the week it came out but almost immediately pulled off. Great deal on Oasis CC group price. Im betting all the cabins have already been taken that were alloted to CC it was such a great deal.

OK maybe I am being Naive here Stave, but you are saying that the TA that we all use for the CC Group cruises, advertises that there will be an OBC of whatever, and then does not follow through with said OBC. and yet this is the first I have heard of it?

Do you mean to tell me that 100's more like 1000's of CC Group cruisers have been stiffed the OBC by the CC TA, and you are the only one complaining....

Just saying if the OBC of $100 was not produced to 1000's of Cruisers, I am thinking we would be seeing post after post about it.

Oh and by the way, you can still book with the CC Group and use the ES but you do not get the Amenities of the group, but you still can be a part of it, and get all the savings from group discounts on hotels and shuttles and excursions and the like.

I am not sure what all happened to you with your TA or your "Group" experience, but I am sure it must have been awful for you to still be so vehemently against them.

It really is to bad when one is so disappointed that it taints something so much.

I hope that however you do it, you make your cruises the best cruise ever, that is the goal right.

I don't want to argue, I was just stating what I know so far about Group cruises, and I hope that yours is not the case for everyone, cuz that sure would stink...

Koval,

Unique experiences are common occurances for some people. In other words; ___________ __________ ___________. Sorry. Couldn't think of a polite way to phrase it. :o

Yes that is what I am saying,but....like I stated in my posting this morning...."And like my issue, OBC is great if you get it."

Two CC cruises,two major issues,including one that I can't even post without it being removed or me too.:eek:

After two experiences that bad from this TA,what opinion should I have?

Steve

You are correct and you did sum it up well.:D

Steve

Steve,

Thank you. :D

Your posts are amusing, but I have to avoid replying to most of them due to the nature of public forums, though I do think I would enjoy cruising with you and discussing your experiences with you face to face. My guess is that you are not often quite so frustrated as you seem to suggest. ;)

Happy Holidays!

Steve,

Thank you. :D

Your posts are amusing, but I have to avoid replying to most of them due to the nature of public forums, though I do think I would enjoy cruising with you and discussing your experiences with you face to face. My guess is that you are not often quite so frustrated as you seem to suggest. ;)

Happy Holidays!

Your Welcome Paul.

I seem to have more than my fair share of issues over the years but like everything if you do it often enough you are bound to encounter some problems.

Some people think I have an "A" type personality others just add a few more letters after the "A" :eek::D:p but I would love to meet you some time on a cruise as well.

Steve

Your Welcome Paul.

I seem to have more than my fair share of issues over the years but like everything if you do it often enough you are bound to encounter some problems.

Some people think I have an "A" type personality others just add a few more letters after the "A" :eek::D:p but I would love to meet you some time on a cruise as well.

Steve

Steve,

Looking at your cruise history, it's very likely that we'll run into each other eventually. Do keep in mind that if your personality in real life is similar to your online personality, I would suggest that we meet in the cigar bar for our discussions and avoid the open decks. :D I will bring the cigars and you can buy the first round of drinks; you must light your own cigar and sign a disclaimer disavowing any claim to carcinogen exposure, choking hazards.........nevermind; I'll give you the money and you can buy a cigar at the cigar bar. ;):D

We have booked a CC group cuise for Sept to Canada/New England. We booked through the CC TA but we booked Early Saver and paid that deposit and chose our room.

There are not many perks included in this particular group [no OBC] but I am curious to know what amenities we will be missing since we booked ES. :confused:

Koval,

Unique experiences are common occurances for some people. In other words; ___________ __________ ___________. Sorry. Couldn't think of a polite way to phrase it. :o

Sorry Paul, I think I am Naive, because I have no clue what the 3 lines mean. Well, I think it is something snarky but??? That could be because I am at church or because I have been up and going sinse 4:30 am? Anyway. I just hope that the 3 CC Group cruises I have booked turn out better for me and mine than they did for Steve.

And Steve, I see I spelled your name wrong. Sorry, it was a mal funtion of the (my) brain I think, not to mention it was 5am. Might have something to do with all those a's in your CC Name.

You all have a great night:)

Steve,

Looking at your cruise history, it's very likely that we'll run into each other eventually. Do keep in mind that if your personality in real life is similar to your online personality, I would suggest that we meet in the cigar bar for our discussions and avoid the open decks. :D I will bring the cigars and you can buy the first round of drinks; you must light your own cigar and sign a disclaimer disavowing any claim to carcinogen exposure, choking hazards.........nevermind; I'll give you the money and you can buy a cigar at the cigar bar. ;):D

Sounds like a plan.Can I tip the bartender in cash so he does not have to pool it? Or will he them be questioned because I removed the tip?:confused::D

Steve

Sorry Paul, I think I am Naive, because I have no clue what the 3 lines mean. Well, I think it is something snarky but??? That could be because I am at church or because I have been up and going sinse 4:30 am? Anyway. I just hope that the 3 CC Group cruises I have booked turn out better for me and mine than they did for Steve.

And Steve, I see I spelled your name wrong. Sorry, it was a mal funtion of the (my) brain I think, not to mention it was 5am. Might have something to do with all those a's in your CC Name.

You all have a great night:)

Don't worry about it, I kind of like it.:)

Stave

You caught me, I read your other posts, but somehow missed the first one. I must have skimmed right on by it. I didnt see your post, you are right.

I will be more carefull and read all your posts from now on :D

Surely they were kidding... no one replies to every single post.......

I am going on a group cruise next July and the early saver is definitely cheaper. also looking at another cruise which has a group associated with it. But I am a later comer and this is their second group cruise so I may just do the early saver and wait for my price drops :rolleyes:

Question- the bigger the group the better the amenities like OBC and such?

Question- the bigger the group the better the amenities like OBC and such?

It also has to do with the date and what perks pts Carnival has assigned to that date. At one point the Crazies had way over 10% of the ship booked and only got OBC, nothing else, not even a party. Next Crazies, Carnival cut the OBC from $100 to $75. ... and you know there will be plenty going. With only $75 to offset the higher group rate, it tilted the better prices toward ES for me.

Generally I think we're all looking for the same thing! The best deal!:D So compare the group rates (tax/fees included), and perks to ES and book accordingly.:) Or; you can even book ES with the group before the cut offs!;) If the ES rates have expired, group rates and perks with the tax/fees included, can save ya a lot of $$'s!:cool: Happy Cruzin!:D

Don't worry about it, I kind of like it.:)

Stave

Funny :D

I am glad you took it well. I really try not to be offensive on here, but some times the written word (and if misspelled) can be taken the wrong way. Not my intent at all...Love your graceful response!

especially since the OBC is per cabin not per person

I do the math for Double Occupancy, as I know I will be having two people in my cabin.

So I am comparing total cabin prices with and with out the OBC, not PP prices.

And for the savings I mentioned earlier, those savings were for Double, Trip. or Quad.

I assume the parents get the OBC, because they are paying the bill.

But say it were 3 or 4 adults sharing a cabin,

I assume they do not go by the first two to book pay the higher price and the next two the lesser.

I would think they take the total price, split it 3 or 4 ways...Right.

doing the same with the OBC.

Generally I think we're all looking for the same thing! The best deal!:D So compare the group rates (tax/fees included), and perks to ES and book accordingly.:) Or; you can even book ES with the group before the cut offs!;) If the ES rates have expired, group rates and perks with the tax/fees included, can save ya a lot of $$'s!:cool: Happy Cruzin!:D

I do like the $25 reduced deposit thing too.

Sometimes that is as important as the OBC.

Although if you are going in a small group with a CC Group, we like to stay closer together, in the smaller group,

so we do the $25 deposit, then cave a little later on and pick our cabins before they are assigned, so we can be adjoining.

It seems the ES has a bigger risk. You really need to be sure you want to cruise on that date and ship right...

(for me that wouldn't be a problem, once I book a date even a year out, I am going on that date, well unless there is a Death or something Big like that)

I have seen people join groups just to be a part of the Cruise chat and fall off at final payment for what ever reason?

Archived