Carnival Victory aft cabin #7433

crusing48/51

Does anyone have pictures, or a detailed description of this particular cabin? It's our first balcony ever, and I have heard that aft balconies are the best. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!:)

the cabins in the middle of the aft do not have sofa- they have a chair instead.

the aft balconies are very much larger then a side one- leaves room for stretching out. Its warm back there so leave the curtains closed in the cabin. You dont get ocean breezes like a side one- The halls are quiet as people on a cruise tend not to go where they dont have to

We stayed in 7433 in 08 on the Victory. It was a great cabin. We had two right next to each other and opened the door between the balconies and it was great. The balcony was huge. The view off the back of the ship of the wake was beautiful and the sound of the wake was great, very relaxing.

The only gripe was that there was no shade most of the day and no breeze. It was very hot so during the day it was not as pleasant as side balcony with the constant breeze. We really enjoyed the aft balcony but will probably not do another one. It was something you should do once though as you will enjoy it. It was just too hot for us with a 10 month old. My favorite place on the ship is my balcony during the day while my wife is running around I like to sit out there and read and nap. I could not do that on the aft balcony, so no more for us.

Thank you serene 56 and anon86. I will use your advice and keep the curtains closed during the day. I figure we will mostly use the balcony in the early morning and late evening, because this cruise is so port intensive. I think we will enjoy the location. Maybe next time we'll try a side balcony. This one is for celebrating my turning 50, so I splurged on the aft, since I had read good things about them.

Now we just have to wait until September!

Thanks again!:)

A word of advice-- when getting off the elavator make sure you are heading in the right direction of your cabin.

THAT cabin can be quite far if you walked all the way to the front of the ship before realizing you are heading in the wrong direction.

(I did it once-- that was all it took)

we were in this cabin Dec 13 /20th it was very quite back there .The views were great. It was tons of fun watching the ship back in to port.

On the other hand i didn't like the lack of privecy. I really wanted to try a aft Balcony glad i did but for now on I'm going back to my side balcony.

Have a great trip...

A word of advice-- when getting off the elavator make sure you are heading in the right direction of your cabin.

THAT cabin can be quite far if you walked all the way to the front of the ship before realizing you are heading in the wrong direction.

(I did it once-- that was all it took)

Thank you for this tip! How did you know I'm directionally challenged?:) I really do have a hard time with this. DH will have to keep me turned the correct way.

I depend on my honey to keep me going in the right direction. (I like Princess because the carpet is a different color on each side--

For me- when I enter the hall i have to look at the sign that sends me in the right direction.

we were in this cabin Dec 13 /20th it was very quite back there .The views were great. It was tons of fun watching the ship back in to port.

On the other hand i didn't like the lack of privecy. I really wanted to try a aft Balcony glad i did but for now on I'm going back to my side balcony.

Have a great trip...

Will the privacy be a huge issue? I know these balconies are more "open" than the side ones, but is there always going to be some else out there with us?:eek:

the privacy issue= the dividers all sit at an angle. when you are standing at your railing you will be able to see all the way across the back.

People above can see you only when you are standing at the rail.

2496350660055527194OPfJek_th.jpg

260534713RupErB_th.jpg

We have had aft cabins 9 times now- they are the best.

Since they reconfigured cabins I can no longer afford them since I love to cruise and have to go cheaper now.

I lucked up and got this one on early saver rate before the new categories came out. I have actually had a couple price drops as well. I still check every day to see if there have been any more reductions. This will probably be our only aft balcony(because of price) , so I want to enjoy it as much as I can!

Also, serene56, enjoyed your pics on Victory. I looked at all of them to get a sense of the cabin. It seemed very nice!:)

We are booked on the Freedom come March. We booked a long time ago too. Regular cat 8a was 629 and the aft one was 200 more pp.

so we booked- a few months later we get a free upgrade to empress deck and 20 bucks pp. then the next day another 100pp. Not bad. Now the cruise is more then 150 pp then what we paid.

--

took 7411 right off the elevator.

--

cabins are the same in almost all the ships.

Park your luggage under the bed.. and make sure you use the two drawers under the sofa-- those are huge- didnt find those until after a few cruises.

On the liberty we pulled out a drawer and let GD use it as a bed.

Archived