Tour to both Veragua Rainforest and Tortuguero Canal?

AudenHoggart

Does anyone know if there are reliable tours that will go to both Veragua Rainforest (tram, not zipline) and also the Tortuguero Canals? I haven't seen any on the various websites I've looked at, but there are mentions on tripadvisor of tours that might do both.

There are two of us. We'll be traveling on the Celebrity Equinox and will be in Puerto Limon on Jan. 10th.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are reliable tours that will go to both Veragua Rainforest (tram, not zipline) and also the Tortuguero Canals? I haven't seen any on the various websites I've looked at, but there are mentions on tripadvisor of tours that might do both.

There are two of us. We'll be traveling on the Celebrity Equinox and will be in Puerto Limon on Jan. 10th.

Thanks!

I have booked with the Oscar Brown Tours to the Veragua Rain Forest and Tortuguero Canal Tours. No zipline. The tour is 7 1/2 hours and cost $135 per person. If more than 6, the price is $125.

Carol Brown may still be in NY. If she is, her number is 718 257 2676.

You can also contact her at limonense03@yahoo.com, besides their website: http://oscarbrowntours.com

Hope this helps.

We did both with Oscar Brown-not sure how long your ship is in port, but we used up most of our day and really enjoyed both. And we paid the same price as poster quoted above. Saw lots of wildlife and took a very nice guided tour of the rainforest. The boat tour on the canal was lots of fun!!

I did tours of both of those w/ Euvangie. We had a great time - even my 83 yo mom

The website is http://www.euvangie.com. Those 2 combined weren't listed, but they did it for me when I emailed.

The price was lower than Oscar brown tours.

Modern airconditioned van. Our guide stayed with us the whole time.

You will enjoy both places. Would like to go back to spend more time in Costa Rica just for a vacation.

I have booked with the Oscar Brown Tours to the Veragua Rain Forest and Tortuguero Canal Tours. No zipline. The tour is 7 1/2 hours and cost $135 per person. If more than 6, the price is $125.

Carol Brown may still be in NY. If she is, her number is 718 257 2676.

You can also contact her at limonense03@yahoo.com, besides their website: http://oscarbrowntours.com

Hope this helps.

Please advise if the Canal Tour boats are covered and comfortable? I am 60 and Dh has back problems. Have you done this tour yet or are you booked and waiting?

Thanks

Please advise if the Canal Tour boats are covered and comfortable? I am 60 and Dh has back problems. Have you done this tour yet or are you booked and waiting?

Thanks

PrivateEye, our excursion with Oscar Brown is in April. You can inquire from Carol from the phone number/email address.

Please post what you have learned from her.

Thanks.

The boat we were in was not all that large-may could have seated 15 or so (but there were only six of us) and had bench seating. I do not remember it being covered (but I could be wrong), as we were snapping photos and I think a cover might have gotten in the way. I did see a number of other boats either tied up or on the water-I do think some might have been covered.

We will be on Celebrity Equinox in costa Rica on February 21st 2010 7 am to 7pm. We are interested in Tour #1 & Tour #3 but I have some questions. First, do you have a group already booked?

Can you tell me how long the Aerial Tram ride is? Also the length of time for the Canal boat? Is the boat comfortable and covered??? Also, what is the time schedule for pick up at the ship and drop off at the ship.

Following is the answer to my email. I still don't know how long the actual aerial tram ride is nor the canal ride. So I'll try again and let you know.

I will love to help with your questions. We offer a tour to the Aerial Tram and to the Veragua Rain Forest, #3 and #3-1 The first one is all the way 2 hours from the pier, and the other is located only 60 minutes from the pier. If you prefer to go to the first one combined with the #1 tour it takes about 8 hours. and the II one takes about 7 hours. We start all our tours at 8:00 am local time. The canal ride is comfortable ride for 45 minutes to one hour, and the boats are covered. You will love either tour.

We will be on Celebrity Equinox in costa Rica on February 21st 2010 7 am to 7pm. We are interested in Tour #1 & Tour #3 but I have some questions. First, do you have a group already booked?

Can you tell me how long the Aerial Tram ride is? Also the length of time for the Canal boat? Is the boat comfortable and covered??? Also, what is the time schedule for pick up at the ship and drop off at the ship.

Following is the answer to my email. I still don't know how long the actual aerial tram ride is nor the canal ride. So I'll try again and let you know.

I will love to help with your questions. We offer a tour to the Aerial Tram and to the Veragua Rain Forest, #3 and #3-1 The first one is all the way 2 hours from the pier, and the other is located only 60 minutes from the pier. If you prefer to go to the first one combined with the #1 tour it takes about 8 hours. and the II one takes about 7 hours. We start all our tours at 8:00 am local time. The canal ride is comfortable ride for 45 minutes to one hour, and the boats are covered. You will love either tour.

Thank you PrivateEye for the info about the canal ride. I never thought of asking if it was comfortable and if it was covered,

We are on the #3-1 Veragua Rain Forest & Tortuguero Canal tour in April.

The Aerial Tram in Braulio Carrillo is the one that takes you 2 hours drive to get there. The tour in this place take 2 1/2 hour, but the Veragua Rain Forest is the one that takes you aproximately 60 minutes to get there, and the tour in this place goes for about 31/2 hour. I guess the Veragua is better, but some people who mostly want to see the Costa Rica mountings, then they prefer to take the fist option.

This is my last response to Carol, can anyone interpret it for me????

Veragua Aerial Tram 60 minutes travel and 3 1/2 hours on an aerial tram????

Braulio Carrillo 2 hours travel and 2 1/2 hours on the Aerial Tram????

I'm finding it hard to believe you could be in an Aerial Tram that long.

Hi Private,

That response doesn't look right-we did Veragua, and the aerial tram portion was about 10 or 15 minutes each way (one portion goes down to the floor of the forest, then you get off, do a short hike and then get back in and go up). The rest of the time in the rainforest park was a guided tour (some inside with interesting exhibits) and some outside on walkways. It took about an hour from the port to get there, the last portion was a bumpy unpaved road. I do not know the specifics about Baurillo Carillo-we simply did not want to spend that much time getting there! Maybe someone else can help with further info. Good luck!

Thank you sunsetbeachgal your information sounds more like what I've read on CC boards. When you specifically ask how long the tram ride is and the answer is still vague it usually means the answer wouldn't, perhaps, be to ones liking.

Thanks everyone, I think I'll stick to the ship tours.

Archived