Stay away from Cabin V-5 on the Fantasy

roswellmom

After spending 5 days in Cabin V-5 on the Fantasy, I want to be sure that everyone knows to stay away from this cabin. It is directly under a couple of VERY NOISY gym weight machines. From 6:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m., there is constant banging from up above. Two thirds of every day, we heard banging from our ceiling. It was terribly annoying. I read another post here on cruise critic but I can't find it again. It was from another past V-5 passenger complaining of this problem. I'm not really a big complainer so, I didn't think much about the posting. BIG MISTAKE. This was a terribly annoying problem and I want to be sure to let anyone booked in this cabin to change.

After spending 5 days in Cabin V-5 on the Fantasy, I want to be sure that everyone knows to stay away from this cabin. It is directly under a couple of VERY NOISY gym weight machines. From 6:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m., there is constant banging from up above. Two thirds of every day, we heard banging from our ceiling. It was terribly annoying. I read another post here on cruise critic but I can't find it again. It was from another past V-5 passenger complaining of this problem. I'm not really a big complainer so, I didn't think much about the posting. BIG MISTAKE. This was a terribly annoying problem and I want to be sure to let anyone booked in this cabin to change.

We will be on the Elation, it will probably have the same set up.

but, we will be in V-8 directly across from V-5.

If we catch some noise..so be it.

It can be a wake up call for us, in addition to the alram.;)

We might be in the cabin for a few minutes now and then

between those hours, but thanks for the info.:)

You may want to put this notice in the "Do Not Book This Cabin" thread on the Cabin Selection Board.

I know that it has been mentioned before that there can be a lot of noise from treadmills and other things under the gym.

I don't want to be that high and forward, anyway, so I declined the "upsell offer" to Verandah deck on Fascination last year.

Give me a cabin on Riveria any day! Besides, I need the exercise from climbing the stairs to help offset all the calories. :p

I'm very careful about choosing the location for my cabin and look at the deck plans closely. I don't want to be by the elevators (because of people talking loudly when they exit them late at night), or the steward closets, or under the Lido deck, or the galley, etc., etc.

You may want to put this notice in the "Do Not Book This Cabin" thread on the Cabin Selection Board.

I know that it has been mentioned before that there can be a lot of noise from treadmills and other things under the gym.

I don't want to be that high and forward, anyway, so I declined the "upsell offer" to Verandah deck on Fascination last year.

Give me a cabin on Riveria any day! Besides, I need the exercise from climbing the stairs to help offset all the calories. :p

I'm very careful about choosing the location for my cabin and look at the deck plans closely. I don't want to be by the elevators (because of people talking loudly when they exit them late at night), or the steward closets, or under the Lido deck, or the galley, etc., etc.

IF I have to, I can, (like if the ship was taking on water like the Titanic)

but my knees hurt for about a week just going from the Upper to the Lido

on the Fantasy going to the "mustard" drill.

Next 2 Cabins are located on the Lido and Verandah. ;)

Archived