Cabin location on Fantasy info?

Minybear

I am looking into booking the Fantasy for 2 adults and I am looking at the Empress Deck or the Upper Deck location. Which one of the Ocean View rooms is a good location away from noise? I am considering 6E or 6D catagories. We normally like midship. I also want one of the Ocean view rooms with a picture window if possible. Any info would be very helpful to me.

Thanks.

Cindy

We've been on the Paradise and the Elation, two of Fantasy's sister ships.

We like being on the bottom three decks- Riviera, Main and Upper. Most of the Empress deck cabins are under public rooms.

Edited by yogi2929

Sailed on the Fantasy twice, had an OV on Riviera Deck, as well as Empress. We had no noise issues in either location. Having said that, I would choose a cabin located between two passenger decks to eliminate the possibility of noise from public areas. We are planning to book on the Elation next Fall and Upper Deck, midship is our location of choice.

Sailed on the Fantasy twice, had an OV on Riviera Deck, as well as Empress. We had no noise issues in either location. Having said that, I would choose a cabin located between two passenger decks to eliminate the possibility of noise from public areas. We are planning to book on the Elation next Fall and Upper Deck, midship is our location of choice.

Thanks. I guess Upper Deck is the location to pick. I normally like upper decks. I was originally wanted a verandah (V-?) room but someone here did a review regarding the noise from the gym above. I really want the GS but I don't want to pay that rate so I am going to book OV.

All of the OVs have picture windows. There are no OVs that Carnival has (right now at least) that dont have at least the one picture window (a few have two windows).

We were midship, E123, so across from that cabin should be equally good .. i.e. before the elevator and thought the location was very quiet. The purser's desk is behind the wall but no noise comes thru and its convenient for getting on and off the ship and getting around.

We love Empress deck, in fact I have booked the same deck in the future, a little more forward.

All of the OVs have picture windows. There are no OVs that Carnival has (right now at least) that dont have at least the one picture window (a few have two windows).

We were midship, E123, so across from that cabin should be equally good .. i.e. before the elevator and thought the location was very quiet. The purser's desk is behind the wall but no noise comes thru and its convenient for getting on and off the ship and getting around.

We love Empress deck, in fact I have booked the same deck in the future, a little more forward.

Thank you firefly for your info. I really appreciate it. :)

All of the OVs have picture windows. There are no OVs that Carnival has (right now at least) that dont have at least the one picture window (a few have two windows). .

6E or 6D catagories do they have picture window? I don't want a porthole.

Thanks.

yes, they all have picture windows.

The port holes are PTs and categorized as insides to explain it some more.

Aft Empress Iv heard some complaints from noise, so dont go too far past the midship elevator to be safe, unless you look to see where the dining room is midship. I cant imagine it being that noisy, but I know for sure it was quiet where we were. E123 was a Handicap cabin, is why we were there in particular, but its a inside, but across from where we were should be quiet. We loved going round the area over to the atrium so close by. We were so far down we couldnt hear the piano at all, but close enough to get there easily.

Aft Empress Iv heard some complaints from noise, so dont go too far past the midship elevator to be safe, unless you look to see where the dining room is midship. I cant imagine it being that noisy, but I know for sure it was quiet where we were. E123 was a Handicap cabin, is why we were there in particular, but its a inside, but across from where we were should be quiet. We loved going round the area over to the atrium so close by. We were so far down we couldnt hear the piano at all, but close enough to get there easily.

Thanks firefly. So I am getting from you elevator to midship (where you were approx) is quiet.

We had U-158 on the Fantasy, and thought it was a great location.

No noise to speak of, almost across from the guest laundry,

right around the corner from the elevators.

The location was very convienient.:)

conchead I will consider this location also. :)

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

No, forward of E123 or in that area is where I would pick... not aft. E123 was almost to the elevator ... I wouldnt go more back... or not too far, just because some said they got noise in the aft.

That is what I thought you were saying. Forward of E123 and NO to aft. Thanks.

Edited by Minybear

Thanks. I guess Upper Deck is the location to pick. I normally like upper decks. I was originally wanted a verandah (V-?) room but someone here did a review regarding the noise from the gym above. I really want the GS but I don't want to pay that rate so I am going to book OV.

We've stayed on Verandah on the Elation before, (Fantasy's sister ship) if you get a cabin away from the very front you won't be directly under the gym. We were in room V40 and loved the location and had no noise.

We were in U-237 Edit: (on the Fantasy) and didnt hear a thing. It was next to the stewards closet so we did hear him going and comming. In retrospect I would have chosen a cabin between the fore and aft elevator banks.

Edited by Backwoodsdan

I prefer OV on the Empress deck(mid to forward). This is the deck that you embark and disembark on when leaving/arriving Mobile. Therefore you won't have to lug any luggage up or down the elevator if you choose to self disembark. You just walk on the ship and walk down the hall to find your room:) I have E30 for our cruise during Superbowl weekend on the Fantasy.

We've stayed on Verandah on the Elation before, (Fantasy's sister ship) if you get a cabin away from the very front you won't be directly under the gym. We were in room V40 and loved the location and had no noise.

If I can convince my DH to book the cat 11 (last time we were on Carnival we were on cat 11 and we loved it) then I will take your suggestion and book away from the front to avoid the noise from the gym.

Edited by Minybear

I prefer OV on the Empress deck(mid to forward). This is the deck that you embark and disembark on when leaving/arriving Mobile. Therefore you won't have to lug any luggage up or down the elevator if you choose to self disembark. You just walk on the ship and walk down the hall to find your room:) I have E30 for our cruise during Superbowl weekend on the Fantasy.

Thanks I didn't know that the Empress deck (due to Carnival web site not working properly) was on the deck that you embark and disembark. Thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy over Superbowl weekend.

E259 is our favorite on the Fantasy, This is center-aft and we have never had a noise problem. We like the window because it has a very deep ledge and becomes our in room bar.

The cabin also seems a little larger. Also,, there is very little hallway traffic.

E259 location is way center aft. Never done that location before. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Just booked rooms E206, 210, and 214 on Elation. I picked these because they are connected, but also thought the Empress deck might be a bit more convenient as I have a little trouble with stairs. But, now that I've read this thread I'm worried. Did I make a mistake?

We were "upgraded" from the Upper deck inside (U187) to the Empress deck on our April cruise on the Fantasy. We were in E163 (OV). WARNING: I could have sworn that there was a bowling alley above our cabin at about 3:00 every morning.

• 3 years later...

Cruise To - we are booked in E259 on an upcoming Fantasy Cruise. Any tips or suggestions for that location? Thanks! LB

"E259 is our favorite on the Fantasy, This is center-aft and we have never had a noise problem. We like the window because it has a very deep ledge and becomes our in room bar.

The cabin also seems a little larger. Also,, there is very little hallway traffic. "