Coffee

takemewithyou

Thanks for the info.

So then, does anyone remember if there is a "cafe Americano" setting on any of the machines in Windows? There are 3 machines, as I recall - one port, one starboard and one in the aft - outside.

we were on this cruise also, and certainly agree with you about the coffee. Yes, there was a "Cafe Americano" button on the machines in windows. I did the sane thing that "Greeneg" did. I would mix the espresso with a cup of the Americano. At least the coffee was tolerable this way.

We also made note of this on our comment card.

It was GREAT cruise in spite of the coffee. Everything in life is a tradeoff.

On our last HAL cruise the Cruise Director told us that the coffee is probably their biggest complaint when it comes to comment cards. He claims it is very difficult to satisfy so many tastes.

On our last Disney Cruise we bought our coffee at their Cafe. they had all types, including flavored, and the price was less than what you would pay at a Starbucks or D&D. And if you bought five, the next one was free.

We would go to the buffet for our breakfast selection, then stop by the cafe to pick up our coffee, then find a nice sport to enjoy.

Is there such a place on the Journey?

On our last HAL cruise the Cruise Director told us that the coffee is probably their biggest complaint when it comes to comment cards. He claims it is very difficult to satisfy so many tastes.

On our last Disney Cruise we bought our coffee at their Cafe. they had all types, including flavored, and the price was less than what you would pay at a Starbucks or D&D. And if you bought five, the next one was free.

We would go to the buffet for our breakfast selection, then stop by the cafe to pick up our coffee, then find a nice sport to enjoy.

Is there such a place on the Journey?

Yes - the Cova Cafe, but as I mentioned in my original post, it had the worst coffee yet! I was hoping to get a good cup there.

The tea there, however, was very good. I was forced to resume the tea habit I used to enjoy!

Coffee!

Oh yes, I love it and I need it!

It was really bad on my recent Transatlantic on Journey. Undrinkable!

I noted it on my comment card. I hope Azamara improves it. Please!

I hope some one from Azamara reads this....I just read a review of our cruise and some one else noticed it, too.

I know many cruisers made note of it on the comment cards. It was even worse than Celebrity's - if you can imagine that!

I tried it in every venue - MDR, Windows, specialty restaurants, etc. I even paid for some in the Cova Cafe and that was even worse! You could stand a spoon up in it - it was so strong! I even tried diluting it with hot water, but it didn't help! People speculated it was liquid coffee, rather than brewed coffee so they don't have grounds to deal with - disposal issues.

It was a great cruise....BUT

Please, Azamara, can you get some different coffee???:)

Exactly why we always bring our own small drip pot, universal voltage 2 cup electric kettle , our favorite coffee brand and utensils.

I would not trust Azamara or any of the other lines to improve their coffee for the masses,a lthough the coffee on Princess where they have the International Cafe is drinkable and fresh brewed, but costs extra.

Rc

Exactly why we always bring our own small drip pot, universal voltage 2 cup electric kettle , our favorite coffee brand and utensils.

Rc

That's an interesting suggestion, because Azamara does not allow electric coffee pots or kettles to be brought on board and will confiscate them when they find them.

Having just come off a TA on Journey where we had an electrical fire in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, I would appreciate their efforts to keep us safe. That fire was successfully put out - Thank Goodness!

Yes - the Cova Cafe, but as I mentioned in my original post, it had the worst coffee yet! I was hoping to get a good cup there.

The tea there, however, was very good. I was forced to resume the tea habit I used to enjoy!

I guess I missed that point in your original post. Sorry. But that is really too bad when their own Cafe has terrible coffee. I hope someone is reading this and taking notice.

We have a March cruise and look forward to a good morning cup of coffee.

• 4 months later...

Anybody experience the coffee of Azamara LATELY?:confused:

I LOVE strong and bold coffee and from the posts here, it looks as if I will be able to find what I am looking for in August.:)

Couple questions about Cova Cafe:

1. With the changes, are there still additional charges for some of the coffee drinks?

2. I thought that CC might be located in Windows, but I don't think that is correct, so where is CC located?

3. Is coffee served in Windows if CC is not there?

4. What are the hours of the CC? Are the machines in the buffet available at all times?

Thanks in advance.;)

Archived