Question re: kids in March

galipemi

Hi All,

I've tried to do some searching online but it looks like every province & state has a different March break. I'm planning to book the Eurodam for the March 26 sailing. I've decided I'd like to spend my 28th birthday in sunshine this year:D

I'm just a little worried about tons of children running amok. Anyone have any idea what to expect for the last week of March? Have you cruised at that time of year?

We sailed Eurodam two weeks mid March this year and had a fabulous time. There were over 250 children each week and we were not bothered one time by any of them.

Club HAL program had to be wonderful as we almost never saw the kids and were very surprised when we heard how many there were.

Responsible parents and a great kids program makes for happy cruising for everyone.

(We booked another set of b-to-b's on Eurodam so you have to know we really did enjoy ourselves fully.)

Thanks Sail!

I wasn't usually onboard during the month of March so I couldn't remember what things were like around the end of the month. I"m very hopeful that I'll be able to "swing it" financially (I'm a solo) as I can usually expect snow on the ground in Ontario :D

I just hope we've got the same high quality club HAL staff as you did. When it's up and running full force, you're right, the kids aren't an issue.

They prepare well for the spring break cruises. They certainly know how many kids have booked and they sometimes increase staff for those very busy weeks. You're right though that spring break runs for between 4-6 weeks as each area of the country/each provence seem to have varying dates off from school.

I hope you get to celebrate your birthday aboard Eurodam. She's a beautiful ship with a great crew and we really were very surprised to like that ship as much as we did. We had a wonderful two weeks aboard.

Hi All,

I've tried to do some searching online but it looks like every province & state has a different March break. I'm planning to book the Eurodam for the March 26 sailing. I've decided I'd like to spend my 28th birthday in sunshine this year:D

I'm just a little worried about tons of children running amok. Anyone have any idea what to expect for the last week of March? Have you cruised at that time of year?

Broward County will be on Spring break and probably Dade and Monroe as well

We were on the Eurodam the first week of April and we didn't know for the longest time that there were around 200 kids. They apparently were very well entertained by HAL Club. So I say go for it. I think most posters agree that HAL club keeps the kids busy and are not in anybody's way. Enjoy your cruise and birthday!:):)

We have sailed both at spring break and at Xmas. Expect lots of kids, especially around the lido, pool etc. Never a problem for us and there are plenty of places on the ship where you can relax that are peaceful and out of the way. Both on deck and in the lounges. we enjoy the diversified age groups.

Archived