Extended Balcony on Miracle

buddylover

We are considering booking the Miracle and need the help of CC folks who have booked the extended balconies on the Verandah Deck (now classified as 8K). The lifeboats are down below (Deck 5)....is the view of the ocean impeded when looking down from these balconies? Do you see the orange top of the life boats? Any pics would be VERY helpful in our decision. Thanks!

Just home from her last month. Yes, you can see the tops of the boats. I thought that I would be really disturbed by that when we sailed last month since the year before, we were on the part of the ship that "jutted out."

I was wrong.

We LOVED the extra room on the balcony since we spend so much time out there. It is worth having to look down onto the top of the LBs.

Also, on the "jutting out" part of the ship, you don't look down directly on the waiter either...straight down is Deck 3.

we are going to change our room assignment for 2010 to the extended balcony. It is awesome!

View from 7192, when standing at the rail looking straight down...

2957425260102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

View forward, when standing at the rail...

2627351700102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

View while sitting...

2176582820102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

Personally, I won't pay extra $$ for the side extended in the future. I just don't think those extra few square feet will make any difference and I'd rather waste my money on other things. If you have more than 2 people, there is no where to sit anyway so that space is pretty much "wasted." I was just in 4230 aft, which has an extended, and I would've been fine with the regular balcony (but all afts are extended).

Note that if you select a cabin near the ends of the "bump in" cabins, your view forward or aft (depending on where you are, ie 7158/7157 or 7206/7237) will also be partially obstructed, but won't have any impact when you're sitting.

Archived