Can you still order as much food as you want??

stephic411

I am assuming you meant 6 feet, 2 inches... which you are quite close. He is actually 6'1". My point was that because someone is overweight doesn't mean they eat more than a person who is considered average, like you clearly assumed and then labeled them in what you describe as a non-derogatory way. Actually, we just went to lunch today. Out of the 3 females at the table and himself, he was the one who couldn't finish his plate and had to bring it home as not to waste. Hence the problem with people today... so quick to assume and label. Thanks for the use of the scientific term... It makes you sound much more pc and a tad less devoid of manners.

So to the original poster... order what you want and as much as you would like to eat or feel content with. You paid your money for the cruise like everyone else did. People do it all the time... you won't be the only one.

No, I meant 6'20" as a joke. Unless you are that tall with that weight, you are considered obese. 6'1", 300lbs is obese, and he can't be that big by eating less than the ladies. He must be consuming a LOT of calories somewhere, just not in front of you.

It is just pure logic, you get that big by consuming lots of calories. You dont consume calories, you lose weight. One cannot get obese by accident!

I think people are starting to miss the point of this topic..

I was just wondering if you could still order multiple things (which I found out you can) in case I am still hungary or I do not like what I am eating (sorry but I will not eat something I don't like) call me wasteful but that is the fun in the cruise because this one week I can be treated like royality. I don't understand why some people have to blow the topic way off.:mad:

I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble for this, but you don't get to dictate how people choose to respond on "your" thread. You may have had a very narrow question, but the topic expanded and others are presumably enjoying talking about it in their own way. You got your answer. If you don't like other things that are being discussed, nobody is forcing you to read!

order what ever and as much as you like. and if the dining room is closed, there is the buffet. and if that is closed and you are hungry there is always room service! yum. getting hungry just thinking about all the good cruise food. going to look at all my cruise food pictures now! :D

ok, Back to the Lobster tails.

If they are the same size of the ones I had

I could easily knock off 4 or 5..and not waste.

I only had two, and I think some prime rib or something.

On Inspiration, the lobster tails were on the small side - about the size of an extra jumbo size shrimp. Two of those and a prime rib made a perfect Surf and Turf.

And about "waste". I absolutely agree about not over-ordering. Order what you think you will eat. And then if you want more, order it. And everything is pre-plated on the line in the kitchen for simplicity. It would be way to complicated to request a special order just with a lobster tail and no sides. If it comes to your table that way, it is because your waiter took the time to move the entree to a plate by itself, discarding the side items.

I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble for this, but you don't get to dictate how people choose to respond on "your" thread. You may have had a very narrow question, but the topic expanded and others are presumably enjoying talking about it in their own way. You got your answer. If you don't like other things that are being discussed, nobody is forcing you to read!

This was NOT a "good" answer......this was a "GREAT" answer. ;)

Thank you on behalf of me!

Yes you can, but please don't be wasteful. Try to order only what you'll eat (I'm not talking here about stuff you send back because you really don't like it, or don't like the way it's prepared). But if you KNOW you'll like something and want 16 of them, please be sure you eat it all and not just let it go to the dumpster! I've seen a person order 3-4 entrees, for example, take a bite out of each, and discard the rest.

I agree 100%! Would like to add that the more folks waste the higher our cruise maybe next time or extras cut out. So do us all a favor and order what you can eat.

It is just pure logic, you get that big by consuming lots of calories. You dont consume calories, you lose weight. One cannot get obese by accident!

It's not just how much you eat though. I have a brother in law who eats three times what I eat and underweighs me by more than 100 pounds. We work the same/similar jobs. He just has a freakishly high metabolism. I've seen small women who put away more food than large, "obese" men. Gluttony is NOT tied wholly, proportionally to your size, and vice-versa, your size is not tied only to how much you eat. Activity levels and metabolism rates also play into a person's size.

As to the thread, it's a cruise, it's part of the fun. Don't be wasteful, and try not to gain 20 pounds, but order what you want, have fun and enjoy it. I rarely order extras, but you can bet I get some extra lobster tails, and occaisionally if more than one appetizer appeals to me I will double up on those as well.

.....BTW..16 tails for three? This kind of abuse is going to make these kind of things go away.

THANK YOU! This is one reason why some of Royal Caribbean's ships has limited the number of lobsters that one person can order. On our first voyage on the Voyager we were at the second sitting and we were told that there "really" wasn't enough lobsters to go around. Thanks to the people at the first dining time who order several lobsters each and then left them on the table because they were "full."

Now I am beginning to wonder if those 3 people who order 16 tails of lobster may prehaps been on the cruise I was just talking about.

"Waste not, want not" is what we heard at our dinner table when I was growing up.

But to each his or her own.

...I've heard that, though the staff fully expects many to order more than one entree, it is best to do this right away when one first orders.

....After the staff has served the 'starters' and proceed to the entrees, to ask them in the middle of the serving (as in " wow, my wife's soup really looked good, I'll take one"..); becomes a little problematic with their system. It's certainly something they can do (and most will do it with a smile), but I understand it puts a little 'monkee-wrench' as it were.

Mitch

I also say order what ever and how ever much you want, but being wasteful is just not nice. On my first cruise I ordered 2 lobster tails and two entrees oh!! and 2 shrimp cocktails. They brought it all at one time and I felt like OMG!!! I'm a pig:D NOT!!! I ate it all!!! My second cruise I ordered the same way, only this time they brought the food out as I finish one dish at a time. I love it that way, just wish I had ordered 2 entrees of the braise short ribs with the pave potatoes, I can still taste it right now:D

I just got off the Sensation NYE cruise. I ordered 2 entrees every night, no problems at all. NYE menu actually had a strip steak on it, which I dont normally see on the 3 day cruises. Did anytime dining and never had a problem. Had same waitress every night. She was great. Very helpful with our group of 6, half of which were first time cruisers.

No, I meant 6'20" as a joke. Unless you are that tall with that weight, you are considered obese. 6'1", 300lbs is obese, and he can't be that big by eating less than the ladies. He must be consuming a LOT of calories somewhere, just not in front of you.

Well as scientific as you are, you should know that muscle weighs more than fat. Some people weigh more but are more solid. Five pounds of fat takes up more volume than 5 pounds of muscle. You say he can't be "that big"... If that is you in your picture, then he looks pretty compareable to you, but slightly larger on top. Nobody says that he doesn't eat food. You made the assumption that someone who eats large meals must be overweight... I was simply pointing out that your narrow minded veiw is a bit off.

Well as scientific as you are, you should know that muscle weighs more than fat. Some people weigh more but are more solid. Five pounds of fat takes up more volume than 5 pounds of muscle. You say he can't be "that big"... If that is you in your picture, then he looks pretty compareable to you, but slightly larger on top. Nobody says that he doesn't eat food. You made the assumption that someone who eats large meals must be overweight... I was simply pointing out that your narrow minded veiw is a bit off.

I read it as they said if someone is overweight, they eat large meals

not if someone eats large meals, they are overweight

I think there is more waste in the Lido buffet line. People taking 8 desserts, piling their plate up with huge slices of beef, then getting a huge burger from the Grill. And leaving two or three half full plates. People can be pigs. When we got on board in Rome after spending 5 weeks in Italy and Greece, I said to my husband, "you know you're back with Americans". We never saw anyone huge in Europe, but saw plenty on the ship.

Archived