Question about B2B cruises

flycess

We have sailed several times with Princess, but never on a B2B. We are looking at a cruise this summer that is 14 days. However, it can also be booked as 7 days going one way and 7 days coming back the other way. If we book it as 2 seven day cruises would we get credit for 2 separate cruises? Is there an advantage to booking it all together as a 14 day cruise? Thanks in advance for clearing this up!

We have sailed several times with Princess, but never on a B2B. We are looking at a cruise this summer that is 14 days. However, it can also be booked as 7 days going one way and 7 days coming back the other way. If we book it as 2 seven day cruises would we get credit for 2 separate cruises? Is there an advantage to booking it all together as a 14 day cruise? Thanks in advance for clearing this up!

If it can be booked as two, it's counted as two. Sometimes by booking one you save a few dollars, but if you're using FCC's or have shareholder credits, you usually lose by doing it that way. Also, if you're at least Platinum, doing one cruise would lose you internet credit.

You will need to check the pricing both ways. It can be cheaper to book as one cruise or two. Be sure to figure in your OBCs. If you are using FCCs, you would use one each for the 14 day cruise or two each for the 7 day cruises. Also, if you are a shareholder you will get one credit for booking as 14 day versus two for the pair of seven days. I don't know all the credit amounts offhand, but be sure you know them when figuring the prices.

I've never done a B2B, or even considered it, but I wonder -- if you book as two cruises instead of one, is there a chance that you might have to change cabins?

We have done a number of B2Bs and have never had to change cabins....but that is because we selected a cabin that was available for both sailings.

However, if you do have to change cabins, your room steward will help with the move.

I've never done a B2B, or even considered it, but I wonder -- if you book as two cruises instead of one, is there a chance that you might have to change cabins?

Only if you book it that way. I currently have a B2B and three triples booked (B2B2B), all in the same cabin. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Be sure to take into account any OBC you may be intitiled to. These could include FCC, Shareholder, TA and Princess. They have less impact on shorter cruise as the OBC increases with the lenght of the cruise. In that cse often two small OBC are about the same as one larger one. However on longer cruises it can have a significant impact. We have booked a 44 day cruise as a 16 and 28 day cruises. We get $575 on the 44 day or $575 on each of the two. The OBC was more than the savings by booking the 44.

Archived