Splendor cabin question

sjram

Does anybody know which side of the ship would be better to book? We are going to have our first balcony and and I think we will want to spend a lot of time out there, even while in the ports to people watch. I can't remember which name the right and left side are, but if I am looking at the deck plan is right or left better? Looking at cabin combos 7399/7401 or 7390/7392. They are balcony/inside combos. Thanks!

Sarah

Ships don't dock the same way everytime....sometimes, they pull into the slip---other times, they back in....so the same side of the ship is not always facing the port!

Just pick the cabins in the best location on the ship you can get, and don't worry too much about it! If you can't see what you like from your balcony, it's easy to go to an open deck and have a great view!

There have been times when your ship will "park" next to another ship, so your view isn't of the actual port, but of the folks on the other ship's balconies...not a great view!

Does anybody know which side of the ship would be better to book? We are going to have our first balcony and and I think we will want to spend a lot of time out there, even while in the ports to people watch. I can't remember which name the right and left side are, but if I am looking at the deck plan is right or left better? Looking at cabin combos 7399/7401 or 7390/7392. They are balcony/inside combos. Thanks!

Sarah

The side of the ship doesn't really matter on the Splendor. Depending on which berth they're assigned to and if they pull in or back in in PV, they could be facing another ship, the port area is pretty tight. Mazatlan is a commercial port, so facing the port isn't great, you get a view of a bunch of cargo boxes, new cars, etc, but all times I've been there, the starboard side has been facing the pier. Cabo is a tender port, so either side of the ship will have views of the shoreline and will change as the ship moves around on it's anchor with the tides. There are pics in my signature of our Splendor cruise in October.

Archived