Why cant I Just Live in Miami?

JordanLovesCruisin

I'm really needing a vacation after a rough couple of months. I've been getting prices for just an inside cabin Feb 4 to the 8th, and the prices are incredible. Totally affordable. However, when I went to price airfare for the 2 of us from OKC to MIA or even FLL, it is a whopping $1840. Three and a half times the price of the cruise fare. I'm desperate to "get away", but 2300 seems like a bit much for 4 days. I wish I lived local and didn't have to pay outrageous trabvel fares!

Miami is a great place to live.I hope you are going on a cruise soon.

I'm glad to see Miami get thumbs up too. Have only been to Orlando for Disneyworld and

Fort Lauderdale. Enjoy the pictures posted of cruises past the skyline etc. Best variety of cruises avbx from the two cities I suspect.

......lol....my husband works by shorty's and we were just at the one in Davie the other day.....yes, it is very good bbq!

I consider the sauce a beverage!

Unfortunately, it's FREEZZZZZZZing here today! 42 degrees but the wind is blowing hard. YUCK! This morning it looked like it would snow!

Im tired of this cold in Dallas and they say artic cold coming in by Thursday .... and it was below freezing this morning as it was. Its way too cold here already.

After searching night and day for a good deal...I think I found one and will book this afternoon!

*Dances*

Its on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas, which was extremely affordable!

*For the two of us, on March 4-8, the total fare is $624.

* I found a one way flight from OKC to FLL on Delta for March 4th $83/pp after tax and fees.

*One way flight from FLL to OKC on Delta for March 8th for $83/pp after tax and fees

*Transfers from FLL to Port of Miami for $30/pp round trip.

Granted, it's only a four nighter, but it's much needed!! Plus with those airfare prices, I had to snatch it up. Flying into FLL was going to be $300 cheaper than flying into Miami.

Booking today!! Firefly, do you want to join us? Airfare from DFW is only $100 pp!

Booking today!! Firefly, do you want to join us? Airfare from DFW is only $100 pp!

Man oh man I wish I could. I lived in S. Florida over 13 years before here. I miss it on cold days like this so much.

Im booked on Ecstasy Jan 23 and staying at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront. hahahhahaha. Do you think it will hit 50 degrees in Galveston at the beach?? Im counting on at least getting to where its warm in Cozumel during the cruise to warm up. Its a short cruise too, just a quick winter getaway.

Man oh man I wish I could. I lived in S. Florida over 13 years before here. I miss it on cold days like this so much.

Im booked on Ecstasy Jan 23 and staying at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront. hahahhahaha. Do you think it will hit 50 degrees in Galveston at the beach?? Im counting on at least getting to where its warm in Cozumel during the cruise to warm up. Its a short cruise too, just a quick winter getaway.

I think you will have great weather. We used to go to Galveston the first week of February every year when we lived in Texas for a family reunion, and the weather was nice. A little foggy, but nice. I'm so glad you get to go on the Ecstasy. I'd love to sail on her, she is beautiful!

I think you will have great weather. We used to go to Galveston the first week of February every year when we lived in Texas for a family reunion, and the weather was nice. A little foggy, but nice. I'm so glad you get to go on the Ecstasy. I'd love to sail on her, she is beautiful!

lol I book her every January, the last week just to get a quick winter break, then I book RCL a little later in the spring. I did just go on Triumph in Dec B2B, but I dont usually do that. That was extra this year.

I love getting away in the winter to where its warm. I dont like to be cold. brrrr. Im ready to go. I so agree with you. lets get away.

Hi does Tampa usually get that cold? Seems very cold for Tampa!!! However, do not know. 31 and snow/ice here today. It is rarely this inbetween temp.; for these conditions.

Topsy Turvey weather....I'm going to a hot spring swimming pool for the bones...smiles!

And going to sneak in a shorty cruise too...Happy Travels...sjn911. oops for PsychRN

Hi does Tampa usually get that cold? Seems very cold for Tampa!!! However, do not know. 31 and snow/ice here today. It is rarely this inbetween temp.; for these conditions.

Topsy Turvey weather....I'm going to a hot spring swimming pool for the bones...smiles!

And going to sneak in a shorty cruise too...Happy Travels...sjn911. oops for PsychRN

no, it doesnt usually get that cold in Florida, or the oranges growing near Orlando would freeze. The orange growers have had to do all sorts of things lately to save their crop... wishing them luck. Its way too cold all the way across the south of the U.S. ...even in Florida its below normal.

no, it doesnt usually get that cold in Florida, or the oranges growing near Orlando would freeze. The orange growers have had to do all sorts of things lately to save their crop... wishing them luck. Its way too cold all the way across the south of the U.S. ...even in Florida its below normal.

Well then let's all get out of Dodge!!! Your plans sound great..thanks again for hotel details...when I go via Galveston...sjn911

Prayers for orange growers...my father and family ranched 20 years...the first three...my last 3 at home. Agriculture is noble and tough business with weather!!!

After searching night and day for a good deal...I think I found one and will book this afternoon!

*Dances*

Its on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas, which was extremely affordable!

*For the two of us, on March 4-8, the total fare is $624.

* I found a one way flight from OKC to FLL on Delta for March 4th $83/pp after tax and fees.

*One way flight from FLL to OKC on Delta for March 8th for $83/pp after tax and fees

*Transfers from FLL to Port of Miami for $30/pp round trip.

Granted, it's only a four nighter, but it's much needed!! Plus with those airfare prices, I had to snatch it up. Flying into FLL was going to be $300 cheaper than flying into Miami.

Glad you found your cruise!

I'm sure you guys will have a great time! Enjoy!

Mike

Archived