Christmas Menus

bonni99

• 2 weeks later...
great menus hattie the cattie & many thanks for posting them. So a traditional christmas day lunch was not served in the restaurant then? Kind Regards RJMS74

I didn't get copies of the Christmas Lunch I'm afraid. We had Roast Goose which is traditional in our household & I was so pleased to see it on the menu I didn't take much notice of what else there was, I'm pretty sure turkey only made an appearance for dinner.

Thanks ever so much for posting those. My partner and I were two of the 150 stranded at Heathrow who missed the cruise and I really had been so intrigued as to what they offered on Christmas day-the menus looked delicious!

On the QV in December, from 9 -19th, many of us were surprised that there was never a "Christmas" type lunch or dinner option.

I asked Ico, the Maitre d', and he explained that it would only be served normally on Christmas day. However, I pointed out that it was meant to be a Christmassy cruise and that this was as near to Christmas as any of us would be whislt on board.

Ico then suggested that we request exactly what we would like to have and that is what I did and gave him MY menu.

Two days later, and just for us, we had:

Cock a Leekie Soup

Roast turkey with boiled ham (Sonya comes from Ireland where the two are traditional) & gravy

served with

Roast potatoes

Sweet potatoes

Carrots

Sprouts

Cranberry sauce

followed by

Individual Christmas puddings

and real brandy sauce

A little cheese & biscuits

Coffee & pettit fours

All washed down with a good red wine of course.

But I really think that Cunard should follow the example of most restaurants and have the festive option on offer at least once (either lunch or dinner) on every December cruise.

Stewart

On the QV in December, from 9 -19th, many of us were surprised that there was never a "Christmas" type lunch or dinner option.

But I really think that Cunard should follow the example of most restaurants and have the festive option on offer at least once (either lunch or dinner) on every December cruise.

Stewart

Whereas I'm firmly of the "keep Christmas for Christmas" camp - and would certainly not be pleased to see the ship decorated for Christmas in November. Or even early December.

The food one is easy - have the option and everyone is happy - but the decorations less so....

luv2krooze

the christmas trees & decorations were all being put up at the end of my 3 week cruise in Nov 29 & when I left the ship on 30 nov was looking very nice indeed - I too must admit it seemed early to decorate the ship but it was very nice to see all the same!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Food questions aside, as an American, I was baffled by the party favor pop things at our table on Christmas. I noted that people were popping theirs. I followed suit. I even put on my paper hat and felt quite with it as everyone joined in.

They are called Christmas crackers and popular in Britain although it isn't uncommon here in Canada.

Archived