International Caffe

trvlgalnguy

And the answer is: NO. :D

I thought as much. They cancelled that date long ago where it was supposed to be added, and then never put out another date to take it's place. At least we now know for sure, the Grand Does NOT have the International Cafe. :(

If anyone is interested, the coffee card is ($24 + tip = $27.60). You get a card which entitles you to 15 specialty coffees (mocha, cappacino, latte, etc.). The specialty drinks are served hot, over ice, or blended. With the card, you also get unlimited free drip coffee and specialty tea.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but we had a buy 1 get 1 free coupon so my sister got a card and I got one too. Anyhow, I found out that they only punch your card if you order a drink with espresso in it. I was able to get unlimited hot chocolate for free. As well, I even got unlimited chocolate milk for free (They used chocolate syrup or melted cocoa powder mixed with milk over ice).

As long as you have one punch left on your card, you can get all the unlimited drip coffee, specialty tea, hot chocolate, and chocolate milk. Also, you can take the card from ship to ship. SO, SAVE your card for your next cruise, cuz I did!!! :)

If anyone is interested, the coffee card is ($24 + tip = $27.60).

As long as you have one punch left on your card, you can get all the unlimited drip coffee, specialty tea, hot chocolate, and chocolate milk. Also, you can take the card from ship to ship. SO, SAVE your card for your next cruise, cuz I did!!! :)

Mine is going on its 5th cruise in April! We rarely drink the fancy coffees, but DH is a big "real" coffee drinker so he more than gets his money's worth out of it. I think we still have 6 or 7 punches left at this point.

on the star....I assume that they are the same.....the almond croissants are to die for. I think that the chicken salad is good, but I have had it on a a couple of different ships and I find it very bland...but that is one women's humble opinion......But the chicken itself is excellent....

If we dine there at nite,is the dress code casual,like at the horizon buffet,or is it casual dress?

There is no dress code and there is no night dining. The salads and sandwiches are only during lunch; up until maybe 4:00 PM. This is not a restaurant. It is only an open section of Deck 5 that has a few tables and chairs.

There is no dress code and there is no night dining. The salads and sandwiches are only during lunch; up until maybe 4:00 PM. This is not a restaurant. It is only an open section of Deck 5 that has a few tables and chairs.

On the Emerald recently the sandwiches and salads were available until closing.

Although there is no dress code for the IC, if you go there at the same time as a formal night event such as the Captain's Welcome Party, you will be in the middle of formal dressed folk.

on the star....I assume that they are the same.....the almond croissants are to die for. I think that the chicken salad is good, but I have had it on a a couple of different ships and I find it very bland...but that is one women's humble opinion......But the chicken itself is excellent....

And I thought it was just me:eek:! I LOVE chicken salad and the addition of the cashews sounded like a wonderful touch. After hearing everyone rave about it, I was anxious to try it. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. It was bland and I'm not expert enough in the kitchen to figure out what it needed! I thought perhaps salt, but that wasn't it. Oh, well, I still ate it more than once on my last cruise;)!

So sad:( no international cafe' on Grand. Can my coffee card from last July be use anyplace else? Do I have to wait until we go back on Golden or Star? My husband does not drink coffee but loved the food there. But I will survive I'm on a ship for 2 weeks. Nothing could be finer.:D

So sad:( no international cafe' on Grand. Can my coffee card from last July be use anyplace else? Do I have to wait until we go back on Golden or Star? My husband does not drink coffee but loved the food there. But I will survive I'm on a ship for 2 weeks. Nothing could be finer.:D

It is good on most ships in the lobby bar.

We were on the Grand in the Med in October. Used our coffee card many times in the Promenade Lounge in the afternoons after returning from an excursion. The cappuccinos were delicious--and huge! :):)

Archived