More on drinks packages

Ozza Alf

I was interested in the pkgs...but my cabinmate dosent drink, and you both must...every one in same cabin, buy the package..2 ppl, 2 pkgs..4 ppl, 4 pkgs...$112.70 USD double, $225 is a little steep for me alone. Plan B

Have you called and asked? We had no problem with buying the X1 for some and not others for a recent cruise.

I was interested in the pkgs...but my cabinmate dosent drink, and you both must...every one in same cabin, buy the package..2 ppl, 2 pkgs..4 ppl, 4 pkgs...$112.70 USD double, $225 is a little steep for me alone. Plan B

I purchased X1 for the wife and soft drinks package for myself, on the Serena this Feb.

Apparrently they had to change it this year as some passengers were mis-using to system. as last October only purchased one X1 for the wife.

Usual story a few spoil it for the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
well ( sorry my english ) i have been in costa serena cruise 02 to 09 May.
the drinks are very expensive 1 beer ( heineken ) 5 euros, one gintonic 7 euros. the water is horrible the price. during the meals one bottle of wine 22 euros. we had the package with the drinks free during the meal. also they sell one package for water wich is good.

[quote name='tenpin']I purchased X1 for the wife and soft drinks package for myself, on the Serena this Feb.
Apparrently they had to change it this year as some passengers were mis-using to system. as last October only purchased one X1 for the wife.

Usual story a few spoil it for the rest.[/quote]

Hi Tenpin
We have just booked for Jan next year on Classica and have been told that we all must book the same package, the reason being as you have just explained.

We have not cruised on Costa before and I find the info on their website very limited, so wondering if the drink packages can be purchased at the time of the cruise - or do we need to make a decision before the cruise?

We will be travelling with our 2 children, and I am reading about book vouchers and "boys and girls" packages - I am a little confused:confused:

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mel

[

[quote name='mkhannah']Hi Tenpin
We have just booked for Jan next year on Classica and have been told that we all must book the same package, the reason being as you have just explained.

We have not cruised on Costa before and I find the info on their website very limited, so wondering if the drink packages can be purchased at the time of the cruise - or do we need to make a decision before the cruise?

We will be travelling with our 2 children, and I am reading about book vouchers and "boys and girls" packages - I am a little confused:confused:

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mel

[[/QUOTE]
Both the X1 and J2 (the all inclusive drinks packages) have to be booked at least 5 days before the cruise and also have to be paid for.

All other drinks packages can be bought once you are on board. The Boys and Girls package is a coupon based package (10 or 20) where they can get non-alcohol drinks.

Here is a link to Special Services / Drinks Packages.

Ron

[quote name='Blu*Donau']Both the X1 and J2 (the all inclusive drinks packages) have to be booked at least 5 days before the cruise and also have to be paid for.

All other drinks packages can be bought once you are on board. The Boys and Girls package is a coupon based package (10 or 20) where they can get non-alcohol drinks.

Here is a link to Special Services / Drinks Packages.

Ron[/quote]

Thanks Ron for that info. Would you mind adding the link again - it didn't show.
Regards
Mel

Thanks Ron for that info. Would you mind adding the link again - it didn't show.

Regards

Mel

Mel,

Here is the missing link:

http://www.costacruisesasia.com/B2C/AUS/before_board/services/SpecialServicesCategories.htm

Also another giving more information about the X1 and J2 packages:

http://www.costaclick.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8DC6ED80-9D78-49AB-B71A-D905A015508E/19067/DrinksPackage_090710.pdf

Ron

Archived