Upload Picture Sites

toberman

May not be the right place for this question, but I'll ask anyway.

I have a lot of cruise pics that I would like to share with friends. I've never used a web site that stores pics for viewing. Anyone have suggestions on a secure site that I cud use?? Don't really want a site where anyone can access it without password or permission etc. Novice at this, so need something easy.

2nd part of question - my pics are all relatively large (high resolution) - shud I resize them before uploading?? Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Doug

I just use Webshots. I only upload the pics that I want people to see. The others stay on my computer.

It's fairly quick and painless. I write full reviews when I return and add a few photos, but always put a link to my webshots album so people can look through them all, if they wish.

Can't answer about the res, as I just use the "normal" setting (I'm always afraid I'll run out of memory if I use "fine" instead.

I use Webshots and Picasa and prefer Picasa. Most of my uploaded photos are 1600 X 1200 pixels and 200-400kb. Webshots has a nice recap of how many people have viewed and/or downloaded your photos. Picasa seems to be faster loading for me with no advertisements to wade through. Not sure about Webshots but Picasa allows you to limit who can see your photos. I normally reduce the size of my photos by 50% before uploading.

Webshots has a nice recap of how many people have viewed and/or downloaded your photos.

I guess that's what I'm asking ?? You indicate that people can download pics. Really don't want that unless I give permission.

Thanks for replies.

Doug

I guess that's what I'm asking ?? You indicate that people can download pics. Really don't want that unless I give permission.

Thanks for replies.

Doug

Normally you set those parameters when you open your account. It is certainly that way on photobucket.com

Archived