Carnival Ecstasy question**5 to a room

newtocruise10

Let me start by saying hello! This is our first cruise, we are looking at the Carnival Ectasy in July 2010.

I've been playing with the prices on the Carnival website and I've come up with around 2700.00 for 5 of us. Of course I'm thinking this is for two rooms (don't ask me why, I guess we've always been put in two rooms for a family of five). But I've learned it is for one room.

Does anyone have a picture or can tell me how this works with five? It would be me, husband, 2 sons (16 & 13) and daughter (10). I've tried to find a picture of a room, but I can only find what looks to be a regular interior room.

Thanks!!!!!!:D

The way five share a room on Ecstasy is with a room for four, two uppers, two lowers and a roll-away for the fifth passenger. The steward will put out the roll-away each evening while you are at dinner and remove it each morning.

This system may work perfectly fine for some but I wouldn't consider it. I would spring for the second room and its second bathroom, vanity etc. That's just me, YMMV.

Best of Luck with whatever you choose and happy sailing! :)

Thanks! There's no way we would all fit in one room. My 15 (will turn 16 on the trip) son is 6'2 280, and my 12 year son is 5'10 200. While my daughter is "normal" I'm just not seeing us in one room.

Another question, does the ES price ever go down? Or does it stay the same?

Prices for any given sailing change regularly. They don't necessarily go down though that does happen. If your plans are firm the ES is a good option as you will benefit from a price drop. If you think you may need to cancel ES may not work for you.

Thanks! There's no way we would all fit in one room. My 15 (will turn 16 on the trip) son is 6'2 280, and my 12 year son is 5'10 200. While my daughter is "normal" I'm just not seeing us in one room.

Another question, does the ES price ever go down? Or does it stay the same?

Iv done several Ecstasy and Conquest cruises out of Galveston, and NOT ONCE has a ES price gone down.

If you were going out of Florida, your chances for a decrease would be better, but dont hold your breath out of Galveston, where prices run higher.

You could get 5 on Triumph out of New Orleans for cheaper, same date, Id bet.

Let me start by saying hello! This is our first cruise, we are looking at the Carnival Ectasy in July 2010.

I've been playing with the prices on the Carnival website and I've come up with around 2700.00 for 5 of us. Of course I'm thinking this is for two rooms (don't ask me why, I guess we've always been put in two rooms for a family of five). But I've learned it is for one room.

Does anyone have a picture or can tell me how this works with five? It would be me, husband, 2 sons (16 & 13) and daughter (10). I've tried to find a picture of a room, but I can only find what looks to be a regular interior room.

Thanks!!!!!!:D

For some reason, the Galveston port has commanded higher cruise prices. I am guessing supply and demand??? The Conquest and Ecstasy prices are generally always higher than the ships in New Orleans or Mobile.

And for some people (who live between the two) the travel distance is the same.

For a long time, New Orleans did not offer anything but 4 and 5 day cruises...but now that they offer 7 day cruises as well....perhaps that will affect the price of the Galveston cruises????

Having done 4 to a cabin (Fantasy class mainly OV - not interior)... I would not do 5 to a cabin. Not even an OV ...much less an interior.

Several of the Fantasy class ships (not sure of the Ecstasy specifically) have connecting cabins...that is what I would go with. Connecting cabins would also give you two bathrooms instead of one.

Archived