Purchasing On-board Credit

Camgirl

Hi Sarah,

It would appear that some cruisers have been chancing their arm and taking advantage of the favourable exchange rate resulting in Cunard capping the amount of OBC you can purchase at $500 per cruise segment.

Happy New Year

Keith

that's very interesting re 'capping the amount' of advance on board credit - I've taken two cruises / crossings on QM2 this year & on both sailings purchased $1,000's of on board advance credit for each sailing!

For us Brits it is very worthwhile indeed!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi Sarah,

It would appear that some cruisers have been chancing their arm and taking advantage of the favourable exchange rate resulting in Cunard capping the amount of OBC you can purchase at $500 per cruise segment.

Happy New Year

Keith

Must be a recent ruling, we bought $700 worth for QV in December.

They are quite happy to accept payment by credit card, and if you still have a credit ballance when you disembark (as if you would) the balance is credited back to your registered card.

David.

Must be a recent ruling, we bought $700 worth for QV in December.

They are quite happy to accept payment by credit card, and if you still have a credit ballance when you disembark (as if you would) the balance is credited back to your registered card.

David.

Interesting. So it sounds like they now don't give you back any unused pre-purchased credit in cash at the pursers office like they used to do.

Hi Sarah,

Happy New Year

Keith

We actually purchased $3,000 in June 09 and $1500 in December 09 without any problems whatsoever.

We even received the concierge letter inviting us to purchase.

Unfortunately, the question of refunds never applies.

Stewart

Hi Re: your question purchase on board credit. We purchased on board credit ($1.80) for our cruise 10th December 2009 on board QM2 5 days before we sailed. I paid with a debit card there was no limit as to the ammout i could purchase. On the last day i went to the pursers desk and checked my account there was a small ammout left and they refunded me in dollars so i could use them shopping in New York. Just a word of advise i split the OBC half for me and half for my husband rather than just on one. Have a great cruise Julie Q

Just this morning bought OBC for the QV World cruise segment Hong Kong to Capetown. Bought $1000 with no problems - it would not seem to be likely that they would ever limit the amount-it is a good deal for both parties, Cunard get hold of the cash in advance and in return they give a good deal on the rate. And if they think that they are being too generous they could simply reduce the offered rate.

It always amazes me as to where unfounded roumers come from!!

David.

Archived