Diff Bet Mercury SV Panorama(8) and Penthouse (11)

Denny01

OK, I've spent the last hr or so searching this Forum and haven't found the info I'm looking for, so I'll ask:

We are looking to try out the Mercury SV cabins for the Thanksgiving '10 cruise. What are the differences between the Deck 8 and Deck 11 SV's?

- Noise from above for the Deck 11?

- overhead coverage of the Deck 8 - understand the Deck 8 verandas are only partly covered but the Deck 11 ones are - true?

- Are the Deck 8 or Deck 11 verandas larger or does it vary such as larger for the corner cabins? Which ones are the larger 84sq footers?

- Privacy of corner cabin verandas?

- Any other comments on picking either Deck 11/8 SV's??

Usually cruise in CC's but want to try the Aft cabins with larger verandas and cabins.

Thanks in advance, and I know I've listed lots of questions and looking forward to your advice.

And Happy New Year - loved watching the Rose Parade and now the Twilight Zone Marathon!

Denny

OK, I've spent the last hr or so searching this Forum and haven't found the info I'm looking for, so I'll ask:

We are looking to try out the Mercury SV cabins for the Thanksgiving '10 cruise. What are the differences between the Deck 8 and Deck 11 SV's?

- overhead coverage of the Deck 8 - understand the Deck 8 verandas are only partly covered but the Deck 11 ones are - true?

- Are the Deck 8 or Deck 11 verandas larger or does it vary such as larger for the corner cabins? Which ones are the larger 84sq footers?

Usually cruise in CC's but want to try the Aft cabins with larger verandas and cabins.

Thanks in advance, and I know I've listed lots of questions and looking forward to your advice.

And Happy New Year - loved watching the Rose Parade and now the Twilight Zone Marathon!

Denny

I've not been on the Mercury since they added those aft verandas, but the pictures of them that I have seen make them look exceedingly small. Certainly nothing like the afts on M class ships. The other thing to remember about those cabins is that the bed is up against the wall--one person must climb over the other to get out of bed. Personally, I would never book one of those cabins. And I miss our private aft Penthouse deck!

The blurb below was posted by wa.mama back in October.

A picture's worth 1000 words.....

This is SV 8261. Two weeks ago we had SV 1156, which I much prefer as the verandah is larger and it's much quieter. The room layout, however, is much better than a CC room unless you don't want to crawl over your partner. We have already booked SV 1156 for our next Mercury cruise.

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/43...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/16...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/36...425x425Q85.jpg

The blurb below was posted by wa.mama back in October.

A picture's worth 1000 words.....

This is SV 8261. Two weeks ago we had SV 1156, which I much prefer as the verandah is larger and it's much quieter. The room layout, however, is much better than a CC room unless you don't want to crawl over your partner. We have already booked SV 1156 for our next Mercury cruise.

Thank you for the info. I think we'll go with the Penthouse SV and in fact take 1156. Sounds great.

Denny

Denny

One other thing to consider is the Penthouse deck is right below the outside seating area of the Palm Springs Cafe. This may or may not be an issue for you. I believe the difference in the balcony size is about 20 sq. ft. (67/87).

We had SV 8226 on our Alaska Cruise in 2007 and really enjoyed it. Below is a photo of the Aft section of Mercury so you can see the layout. Have a great cruise.:D

1069917023_CelebrityMercuryAftCabinsBalconiesAdded.jpg.c8fe815d5327b0ed3af7164492730b39.jpg

Archived