Early Saver Refund Questions

beachprincess23

They charge you $50 penalty and the rest of your deposit goes toward another cruise if you cancel before final payment (you only have 1 year to use the rest of the deposit). After final payment, standard cancellation penalties apply.

fire do you have to book another cruise within a year or actually sail?

One person posted she wanted to sail 2 weeks past the one year limit and they wouldnt apply it to that cruise.

I can recheck with my PVP, but Im being told you have to sail within 1 year. very limiting that!!!

This is what I have been told .. you must book a cruise within the year but it doesn't have to sail within the year... we need some clarification on that:confused:

I agree, but my PVP isnt back until next week, so Ill ask her then.

Seems to me to make sense you wouldnt have to sail that soon. (as I said above, I was only going by a poster on here, not from Carnival).

I agree, but my PVP isnt back until next week, so Ill ask her then.

Seems to me to make sense you wouldnt have to sail that soon. (as I said above, I was only going by a poster on here, not from Carnival).

On the most recent booking, I wasn't listening really good,

(I plan on going and was definitely booking ES anyway),

but I am pretty sure (:confused:)my PVP said "rebook within a year"

I think what also needs to be mentioned here, though, is that the $200 that remains after they take off the $50 fee cannot be put towards the deposit. My understanding is that a new $250 deposit must be made, and the $200 credit is applied to the balance that remains after deposit.

I think what also needs to be mentioned here, though, is that the $200 that remains after they take off the $50 fee cannot be put towards the deposit. My understanding is that a new $250 deposit must be made, and the $200 credit is applied to the balance that remains after deposit.

It can be put towards the deposit if you cancel and rebook on the same day, just not if you have them hold it and book later.

As far as the remaining $200 .... that varys, as deposits vary by cruise length, you would only have $200 left if you cancelled a 7 day cruise.

Sail within a year of cancelling or a year from the original sailing date? :confused:

When I asked my PVP, earlier this week, he said it was rebooking within 1 year from the time of canceling;(not sure about actually sailing tho)......

I just spoke with carnival.... from the date you cancel you have one year to re-book. The sailing can take place outside of that year, but you must re-book within the year from canceling.

For example, if we canceled today, Jan. 2, 2010 we have until Jan. 2, 2011 to re-book. We can book a sailing for 2012, etc, as long as we re-book between Jan. 2, 2010 and Jan. 2, 2011.

We have a $600 deposit down, in which they minus $50 pp from it and the remainder gets applied towards the new sail date, as long as the same people are going.

I just booked a early saver rate the other day. When I called and asked they said it was not refundable or transferable. But when I booked they mentioned rebooking with a loss of $50 per person. My booking Documents state:

1) Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable. No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Price Protection: In the event you find a lower,valid rate, based on the total cabin occupancy, contact your Travel Agent or go to http://www.Carnival.com to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation. Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

I hope this helps.

I just spoke with carnival.... from the date you cancel you have one year to re-book. The sailing can take place outside of that year, but you must re-book within the year from canceling.

For example, if we canceled today, Jan. 2, 2010 we have until Jan. 2, 2011 to re-book. We can book a sailing for 2012, etc, as long as we re-book between Jan. 2, 2010 and Jan. 2, 2011.

We have a $600 deposit down, in which they minus $50 pp from it and the remainder gets applied towards the new sail date, as long as the same people are going.

Thanks for passing this info on-now I, as well as others, will have the full picture....

Thanks, that's great info.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually sail--or at least pay in full before the 12 month deadline.

The credited amount from cancelling an Early Saver can only be used on the final payment of the cruise. It cannot be used as a deposit.

Archived