Explorer Dry dock

manuch

I hear EOS wil be going into dry dock soon . Does any one know what they will be doing? WE will be going in Feb. Thanks for any info.

A little work on the engine, some painting of the hull, replacing tv's with flat screens, and some new carpet in bad areas. Nothing major though.

It seems like those are the things they are always doing anyway.. replacing carpets here and there as needed- and each and every cruise we have been on they are always painting some area of the hull on a couple varied days. I thought this dry dock was replacement of upholstery on furniture and more to give her a new look in some public areas?

nothing major...they will repair/replace upholstery and carpet as needed...most of what is to be done is below the waterline...

and according to capt olav last month, yes the prop was fixed a while back on a few overnights in bermuda..

It seems like those are the things they are always doing anyway.. replacing carpets here and there as needed- and each and every cruise we have been on they are always painting some area of the hull on a couple varied days. I thought this dry dock was replacement of upholstery on furniture and more to give her a new look in some public areas?

Essentially it is a big "spring cleaning", clean what you can, replace what you can't.

nothing major...they will repair/replace upholstery and carpet as needed...most of what is to be done is below the waterline...

and according to capt olav last month, yes the prop was fixed a while back on a few overnights in bermuda..

Also heard when I was on her in June that they will get a new sound system in the theatre since it is old....

Also heard when I was on her in June that they will get a new sound system in the theatre since it is old....

come to think of it, there is a "techie' on the ship with a blog someplace on line, and IIRC he did mention that....and now that you mention it, sounds familiar....(again, though...not really "visible":D:p lol...but maybe it won't be so LOUD!)

Since I couldn't repair a hair dryer I can only go by what the RCL rep said last month that the propeller wasn't completely fixed and that was one of the things they were going to do. I just said what he said. I was on the cruise right after they hit the reef and it was slow and rough.

Since I couldn't repair a hair dryer I can only go by what the RCL rep said last month that the propeller wasn't completely fixed and that was one of the things they were going to do. I just said what he said. I was on the cruise right after they hit the reef and it was slow and rough.

i was on that one too...they SAID that it wouldn't be fixed til drydock, but Capt Olav last month told us it was fixed...and having spent 12 nights watching the wake, it looked normal whereas LAST Feb it looked wacky.

However, there's a dent under the water line that needs to be repaired...

i just wish i was there!

Archived