Any free for the asking things on RCI?

mickym

When we took our Carnival cruise last year there were free things available for the asking, ie, deck of cards, post cards of the ship, the Carnival book on the table in your cabin, etc. Does RCI offer any free things to cruisers that ask?

When we took our Carnival cruise last year there were free things available for the asking, ie, deck of cards, post cards of the ship, the Carnival book on the table in your cabin, etc. Does RCI offer any free things to cruisers that ask?

And, last year.......at least the beginning of it.....Royal Caribbean had "free" things.

All of that ended around the end of July or beginning of August on RCCL.

If you want a galley tour............ask! I'm not sure exactly what it is that you are looking for from RCCL..............so spell it out......and I'm sure that many here could answer you.

Rick

Ok, to spell it out, I was just reminding myself to be sure to pack a deck of cards as the family members that travel with us are card players. I remembered getting a deck from the front desk last year and it brought the question to mind. I will do fine binging my own deck along but it just got me thinking and wondering. I love RCI and the free stuff is not necessary or important but I was just curious.

Sherry,

Congratulations on your new little family member. Our DS and DIL are expecting around the same time so I am enjoying watching your baby count down clock.

Thank you Mickym! :) We're already planning on when to take her on her first cruise. ;)

They used to give you a free deck of cards at the guest relations. I don´t think they do it anymore, but you can buy them now in one of the shops;)

About the seasickness pills or band aids. I know it used to be free as well, but not sure if that´s still the case. They however have a something like a vending machine outside the medical facility to buy stuff like this from.

Are items such as bath robes included in the price of the cabin or do you have to pay extra for them?

They are included for Suites and Platinum or higher Crown & Anchor members.

If you don´t belong to these groups you are not entitled to one and as far as I know there is no way of paying to use one other than to simply buy one.

However you can always ask your cabin attendant for one and if they do have spare ones, after serving the groups mentioned above they will give one to you.

If you don´t belong to these groups you are not entitled to one and as far as I know there is no way of paying to use one other than to simply buy one.

However you can always ask your cabin attendant for one and if they do have spare ones, after serving the groups mentioned above they will give one to you.

Great. Thanks for the quick reply!

They used to give you a free deck of cards at the guest relations. I don´t think they do it anymore, but you can buy them now in one of the shops;)

About the seasickness pills or band aids. I know it used to be free as well, but not sure if that´s still the case. They however have a something like a vending machine outside the medical facility to buy stuff like this from.

They do have plenty of cards in the card room

Are items such as bath robes included in the price of the cabin or do you have to pay extra for them?

We've gotten them several times just by asking our steward...and we've never had a suite! It doesn't ever hurt to ask...and sometimes it pays! We've asked for and gotten the terry slippers as well. But we don't get the robes anymore, too bulky and where can you wear them except in your cabin? Once wore one to the solarium but don't see the point anymore. My point is, always ask...about anything...you may be surprised.

Ok, I think I'll pass on the Nurovirus!! However if I absolutely have to get it the last day would be the best. Ok, I gather no big freebees. I'll pack my deck of cards and buy my picture of the ship with the money I saved on the really good price they are charging for cruising this year. Two and a half weeks and we are out of this 20 degrees below zero, snow banks to the house tops and who could complain about that??!!

Alot of free things if you go to Promenade on the 1st day during the welcome abroad shop speeches, there is a board game room on Deck 14 with cards and board games to play, free jewelry workshop, free exercise classes, free golf, free drinks throughout the cruise at different places, just make sure to read the compass

I've never stayed in a suite and I won't be Platinum until after this crusie but I just curious, if you get a robe is only for use on the cruise or do you get to keep it. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I wouldn't want to take one home if I wasn't suppose to.

I've never stayed in a suite and I won't be Platinum until after this crusie but I just curious, if you get a robe is only for use on the cruise or do you get to keep it. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I wouldn't want to take one home if I wasn't suppose to.

Well let me say it´s your choice to take it home or not. Just don´t come on here to complain about a ihgher credit card charge than your final bill;)

Joking aside, they are for onboard use and if you decide to pack it you´ll be charged for it.

Thanks for the quick replys. Your replys are the exact reason I asked. I didn't want to pank the robe thinking it was a "gift" then get home and find out I had to pay for them. Better to ask before then be upset later, that is why I come to CC to ask the experts. Thanks again

Archived