Inexpensive hotel near Miami port . . . help!

ladywendolyn

We are flying in from Canada, for March 7th cruise on Glory.

We were supposed to be arriving on March 7th, afternoon, and had purchaced transfers to the pier in Miami.

Now with flight delays, our flight time is way to close for comfort, (2:00) so we need to move to the Saturday and find a hotel, close to pier, with a shuttle?

Thanks . .

We were supposed to be arriving on March 7th, afternoon, and had purchaced transfers to the pier in Miami.

Now with flight delays, our flight time is way to close for comfort, (2:00) so we need to move to the Saturday and find a hotel, close to pier, with a shuttle?

Thanks . .

If you can get the Holiday INN Port of Miami.. it is close a 10 buck cab ride to port you can enjoy Bayside the night before.. if not check out the Ports of Call board for Florida.. they have lots of recs for hotels near the airport.. .. remember hotels are not cheap downtown Miami at that time

If you can use priceline try that for DT Miami 3 or 4 star will get you the Hilton.. Hyatt.. or Intercontinental usually

Whatever you do....DO NoT book the Continental Hotel! I have read sooooo many bad things about this hotel. In October I stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami which was great, and I walked past the Continental hotel. It did not look very good. And this is not the same at the Intercontinental, which is a very fine hotel. Just dont book the Continental hotel! JMHO. Have a great cruise! :)

take my advice from a fellow Canadian and book through priceline or hotwire and you will get a good hotel for 1/3-1/4 the cost of booking with the hotel direct.i got a 4 star for jan 23 2010 in miami for 81 US.Same hotel if you booked on your own with the hotel is 350 dollars.i have done priceline and hotwire lots and will never book a hotel direct now.Don't be affraid of trying it.

Thanks . .

Go to priceline. We booked the Downtown Hyatt last year for $65 a night. It's just minutes from the port.:)

we are staying at the holiday inn port of miami...rates not too bad...close to the pier..and good reviews on trip advisor..

enjoy your cruise...we fly out this Thursday/Friday and sail out on Sunday...wanted to leave room in case of "bad weather"

We got the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $80.00 PER night through Priceline. Use tips on betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com. Only a $10.00 cab ride to the port.

I will never book direct with a hotel in Miami, always priceline sometimes a 1/3 of the cost.

The first time we used priceline we were staying pre cruise in San Juan and hotels are expensive. We saved over $170.00 using priceling. Now I am hooked in finding a deal.

Thanks,

We found a nice Hotel called Wyndham . . . near the airport that included a king size bed, full sit down breakfast, and shuttle to the pier for 155.00.

Pictures look nice, so hopefully it will work out.

Thanks for the advice.

Just checked Hotwire for 1 room MIA - march 6 - and the Wyndham miami airport is 'showing' up as a 3.5 star at $95 per night (plus taxes)....if you can cancel you can try and 'rebook' using hotwire and save a few bucks.

Go to betterbidding.com or hoteldealsrevealed.com to get information or help if you have not done this before!

I usually use Hotwire but got brave and tried priceline for the 1st time - and got a great deal - 4 star downtown Miami - (hyatt regency) for $65!

Good luck!

I agree with previous posters about using Priceline. Have used them many times and have never paid over $100 for a night at any hotel in New York, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Miami, Orlando, Cocoa Beach, Ft. Lauderdale. I am hooked! I usually stick with 3-3.5* and get them for $50-$60 each. As other posters also have said, spend a little time reading the betterbidding site, it has $valuable info.

When trying to book near the port of miami, and using priceline or hotwire, does anyone have any suggestions on how to know the location or where you are booking? I would really like to be close to the port, and within walking distance of things to do during the afternoon... thanks!!!

When trying to book near the port of miami, and using priceline or hotwire, does anyone have any suggestions on how to know the location or where you are booking? I would really like to be close to the port, and within walking distance of things to do during the afternoon... thanks!!!

When you use priceline to make a bid you will get a list of different 'locations' and you can access a 'map' for each specific area which shows you where approximately it is - and that is where any hotels listed in that area may be found.

For the port of Miami you would choose the 'downtown' Miami area....

Archived